Hello everybody!

I used my Evernote app for Windows7 successfully in corporate network. But a week ago, our system administrators restricted access to File storage category sites and Evernote app stopped synchronizing. Log is written: statusCode=403, statusText=Forbidden. Site evernote.com doesn't work too in this corporate network.
Can I use some alternative setting for Evernote app synchronization? Version APP is 5.8.13

AppLog_2018-04-19.txt

• Level 5*
22 hours ago, gribnik7@gmail.com said:

our system administrators restricted access to File storage category sites and Evernote app stopped synchronizing.

fwiw
Evernote has a Local Notebooks feature; data remains on the device and doesn't sync to the cloud.
If you use Local Notebooks make sure you back up your data.

Warning: Login requires access to the Evernote server, your admin may block this.

2 hours ago, jefito said:

Have you spoken to your boss and made a business case for your use of Evernote? That might be worth a try.

I would agree with this suggestions and would start there.

If it is a tool that helps you be productive, organized and efficient and you show that to your boss. If they still can't provide a solution, then I would say you have a bigger problem with your organization. (Obviously it is easier for me to say, but it was happening to me I would really demand a solution).

Worst case, you may have to bring your personal laptop and do a hot spot from your phone maybe?! It would really suck if it happened to me.

On 4/20/2018 at 10:34 AM, EdH said:

Don’t believe so. You could use a vpn, but you could also get fired for deliberately bypassing company policy. 

Yes, if I will use vpn, it direct way to have a problems with the employer ))

On 4/20/2018 at 11:00 AM, DTLow said:

fwiw
Evernote has a Local Notebooks feature; data remains on the device and doesn't sync to the cloud.
If you use Local Notebooks make sure you back up your data.

Warning: Login requires access to the Evernote server, your admin may block this.

All the charm of Evernote in the sync ))

jefito, TK0047, Thank you for ideas but
1. I work in a big company and Internet policy is one for all.
2. Basically, I use Evernote for personal purposes. I write my thoughts, plans and other.

And I can use a laptop for Evernote, but it is not a convenient solution.

I thought that the program could have hidden settings (configuration file?) where to specify that the synchronization was not from the primary, but from an alternative address, for example in the form IP address. Correctly I understand you guys that the program does not have the feature?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, gribnik7@gmail.com said:

Correctly I understand you guys that the program does not have the feature?

As far as I know, correct. There is a "SyncService URL" setting in the registry, but it points to www.evernote.com and if you changed it, the sync simply wouldn't work. I suppose Evernote could create an alternate URL, but then your company would eventually figure it out and block it. And besides, Evernote is pretty business friendly in that they want to work with companies, not against them, so if a company wants to block Evernote, Evernote will not take any actions to aid in circumventing that.

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, gribnik7@gmail.com said:

I thought that the program could have hidden settings (configuration file?) where to specify that the synchronization was not from the primary, but from an alternative address, for example in the form IP address. Correctly I understand you guys that the program does not have the feature?

Whatever is sitting at any such alternative address would need to support the business end of the Evernote sync protocols; i.e., your local client expects to sync modified notes to the server, and receive modified notes back, among other things. So unless you have an Evernote server instance handy, it's gonna be a no-go...

On 4/23/2018 at 12:20 AM, EdH said:

...... I suppose Evernote could create an alternate URL, but then your company would eventually figure it out and block it....

It is possible, but unlikely. My company use Symantec system (sitereview.bluecoat.com) And all sites which have "File Storage/Sharing" category were blocked.
Except evernote.com there is no access to docs.google.com, drive.google.com and other.

EdH, jefito thank you for your thoughts and advices. I understood about alternate sync.

Archived