Evernote responds very slowly

Hello,

I have the latest version of Evernote (Version 7.1 (456448 Direct)) on Mac OS X 10.11.5, El Captain. I update Evernote regularly but it is responding very slowly all the time since about last 1 year. It must be the slowest app on my mac. I tried uninstalling it and deleted Evernote files from:

~/Library/Preferences/

~/Library/Application Support/

~/Library/Caches/

After doing this, I restarted the system and installed again. That did not help.

It is slow not just in one particular area. When I click to open a note, it takes a lot of time to open. When I am typing in the note, I have to type and then wait for the typed letters to appear on the screen. It is slow in all areas.

I also tried to contact Evernote's official support team twice on twitter: @evernotehelps but did not get any response.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Thanks,

Akshey

• Level 5*

Not sure we can - you've done the obvious things,  though it may help to use AppCleaner to totally remove Evernote from your system,  restart your system and then reinstall.  -Don't forget to sync first and backup any local notebooks in case of data loss.

There are some advanced options on your Help menu which really should NOT be used without an Evernote tech asking you to do so,  but one in particular may help Evernote to sort through your notes more quickly - try holding down the Option key on your keyboard and select Help from your Mac's menu bar.  You should then be able to select Troubleshooting > Recreate Full Text Search Index.

This may take a while (depending on your number of notes) - so don't do it unless you can leave it running for some time,  and again - make sure you have a backup of your notes for safety.

Archived