Upgrade notification spam

dejanzie

Idea

Hi,

every single time I add an external file to an Evernote, I get a prompt to upgrade to the Premium subscription plan for the ability to search within those files. As I'm already a paying customer (on Evernote Plus), these get rather annoying. I don't need the additional features of Premium, and know why I'm still at Plus. I would be able to live with these upsell notifications as a free user, but find them a bit tacky to throw at a paying customer.

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Nagvertising is rarely pleasing,  but one of the devs pointed out that 1) Evernote staff also use the app so they do have an interest here and 2) Marketing Department made them do it. 

The ads should arise every so often,  but not so frequently that they are a nuisance.  If that's not your experience,  let Evernote know directly on https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action as you're a subscriber,  or Twitter - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if you  have any problem with that

On 4/16/2018 at 5:58 AM, dejanzie said:

Hi,

every single time I add an external file to an Evernote, I get a prompt to upgrade to the Premium subscription plan for the ability to search within those files. As I'm already a paying customer (on Evernote Plus), these get rather annoying. I don't need the additional features of Premium, and know why I'm still at Plus. I would be able to live with these upsell notifications as a free user, but find them a bit tacky to throw at a paying customer.

I don't see these because of my subscription but I have seen others post about these prompts and I can easily see how annoying it could get.

I understand that it is a business and they need to sell products but there are other ways of marketing it without pissing a paying customer off. I am sure they can get creative. 

Archived