Search: How to find all instances of a search-phrase across notes and within notes?

I know how to search for a certain word across multiple notes. The result of such a search would give me a list of all notes that contain my search term. However, since my notes tend to be quite long or be 200-page PDF documents, where the search term will probably appear a couple of times in each document, I'd like to be able to easily jump through all instances of the search result with a simple command. Right now I'd have to individually open each single note that my first search produced and then run the same search for the individual document again.

I can't believe there isn't a smarter way for this.

• Level 5*

As you indicated, a note can contain file attachments; pdfs, images, office/iwork documents....
Evenote indexes the documents for retrieval, and provides a highlight indicator of the search phrases in the note or attachment.

Currently, I see no other way to "jump" through the instances.
For within the note, Evernote has a Search In Note function.
For other attachments, open the file in it's native application, and use the search features there.

Since Evernote finds all the instances of a search in an attached document and even displays the document, wouldn’t it be logical to expect Evernote to let one cycle through all instances found IN each note right away? Rather than requiring me to manually open each of the documents that are shown in Evernote anyway, enter the search phrase again and then jump back to the Evernotes notes search, if the document I just looked into is not the one I was looking for?

• Level 5*

Hi.  I tend to have one document per note,  and use descriptive titles,  so if my searches turn up a list of hits for a given word or phrase it's pretty clear which note(s) contain the relevant documents. 

Whilst it is a limitation of the search function not to open each document to the relevant page,  it is the way it currently works. 

You're welcome to raise this as a feature request (in a way you already have - staffers do read these pages) but the process won't change in the medium term - unless Evernote were already working on this development and add it themselves...

Archived