Sometimes can't add text if there's an image in the note (win7desktop)

This is a vague question but it pops up repeatedly in my workflow.  I will paste an image in a new note and then want to add some text under or on top of  the image.  I then find that I can't put the text cursor anywhere within the note to add the text.  Also, I can't simply move the image up or down either so that I can add the text above or below it.   This happens when the image takes up the entire width of the frame. The only way around it is for me to double click on the note pane which then turns the note into an independent window.  Now I can finally see space on either side of the image and I can move it up or down, and add text wherever I like.  Would love to know if there's a workaround for this.

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, idoc said:

This is a vague question but it pops up repeatedly in my workflow.  I will paste an image in a new note and then want to add some text under or on top of  the image.  I then find that I can't put the text cursor anywhere within the note to add the text.  Also, I can't simply move the image up or down either so that I can add the text above or below it.   This happens when the image takes up the entire width of the frame. The only way around it is for me to double click on the note pane which then turns the note into an independent window.  Now I can finally see space on either side of the image and I can move it up or down, and add text wherever I like.  Would love to know if there's a workaround for this.

In Windows right click on the image and select View as Attachment.  Then when you are done adding your text you can right click on the attachment icon and uncheck the option.

Actually this problem has been solved with the new version of Evernote 6.11 for windows desktop.  Now there is a little skirt of empty space around the images and I am finding it a lot easier to enter text either above or below the image.  The reccomendation to "right click on image and select View as Attachment" does not work for me.  Perhaps it is not referring to Evernote for windows desktop.  

Archived