how to remove the auto title

Hello!  I am a newbie to Evernote...   really excited about what I'm learning, as I'm scanning a huge amount of files on a genealogy project.

But, for the life of me, I can't get back to a setting page, where I tried using 6 digit numbers for titling my notes...   for some reason, old titles are being assigned to new notes.  I have clicked everywhere...  don't know how I even got this set up.  Definitely want to stop it!

Many thanks! 

Mary

Hi there! 

I have a Premium subscription and am so new, I'm like a one day old baby ...   

cannot for the life of me, find a way back to Note Settings or Notebook Settings.  (Settings just always puts me back to my Profile Settings...  but I need "set up settings."

I had played around as a newbie and started out with 6 digit numbers as part of titles...   it is not working out...   

now I can't find "a way back into note or notebook settings" to stop the auto titles.  I prefer now to title on each scan, in my own system.    Please try to help me!  I want to power through a lot this weekend! 

Also, I clicked on Notify me of replies...  how will I be notified?  In my gmail inbox?  Or do I have to check back periodically on my account?  I have no idea how to access my Evernote email in case replies go there.

Ciao!  Thank you!

Mary

• Level 5*
On 2018-04-12 at 8:58 PM, cinemanix said:

I'm scanning a huge amount of files on a genealogy project.

How are you doing the scanning?

Could it be your scanner assigning the titles?

Hi There!  I finally did figure out that the Scanner was assigning the titles...   showing how less-than-up-to-speed my tech skills are!  Thank you very much for your reply!  In the future, if I do have issues, how do I get immediate tech support from Evernote?  I am a paid subscriber, at I believe it's called the Premium level.  

Thanks very much!!!

Mary

Archived