Using shared public link to Notebook

Hi,

as a premium user I have a Notebook in which I have a collection of useful tips concerning my expertise.

Since I'd like this to be shared by anyone else, I created a public link to my notebook - something like: https://www.evernote.com/pub/username/notebookname

Now anyone with such a link can access the Notebook read-only via the web.

QUESTION: Is it possible for users already using the Evernote app on some platform, to kind of import this share and make my Notebook visible in their EverNote App?

TIA!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, ArievW said:

Is it possible for users already using the Evernote app on some platform, to kind of import this share and make my Notebook visible in their EverNote App?

Evernote has a Share Notebook feature.  It automatically maintains a copy of the notes in the user's account. You set the access level to read only, or edit.

Documentation at  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314748-Share-notebooks

Hi DTLow,

I think you misunderstood. I did this:

Share personal notebooks as links (URLs)
Available on Mac and Windows

You can share (publish) a notebook as link (URL). Anyone who has the link can access the notebook. You decide whether you want to make this link available to a few outside vendors, to all your clients, or to anyone and everyone on a social feed.

To publish a personal notebook as a link for others to access:

Open your list of notebooks (make sure to display personal notebooks) and choose a notebook to publish.
Right-click on a personal notebook and select Publish Notebook... (Mac), or select Modify Sharing..., then click Publish (Windows).

That creates a URL. Use that in a browser and anybody with that URL can view the Notebook in a browser.

QUESTION: What I asked is whether another EverNote user, using the EverNote App on any platform, can view the shared Notebook in the App (NOT in the BROWSER).

Reason is that it is easy to create 1 shared link for all. If this is not possible, I have to share separately with every individual, which is a pain in the *ss.

Thx!

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, ArievW said:

That creates a URL. Use that in a browser and anybody with that URL can view the Notebook in a browser.

When I use the public url in a browser, I get this display5acf7ba50cc5c_ScreenShot2018-04-12at08_28_45.png.633fa1bb20a30b9cbd088e3007df3bf4.png

I can chose to join the notebook, and a shared notebook will be added to my account.

• Like 2
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

How can one make a notebook to be publicly shared with a link? I mean, I want to make a notebook (with all its notes inside) accessible to anyone with the shared public link, like a url that everyone can see just with web access. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...