Wanted features - improved diagnostic and statistic!

dmitry_bond

Idea

Hi.

It is about EverNote for Windows.

Currently there is a HUGE GAP in functionality which makes me lost control over EverNote notes. :(
(please note: I'm telling here only about text notes)

So, I need:

1) Size diagnostic per notebook - how much space allocated per all notes (and content, inluding history) in notebook.

2) Need possibility to kill history for a note. Certain notes do not need a history at all. I need a [Clear history] button to release resources.
Currently I have to do lot of operations per note to achieve such effect (export to ENEX, delete note, empty trash, synchronize, import note from enex). In case when need to do that for 40-100 notes - that is annoying!

3) Need possibility to auto-kill all multimedia content from a text note - all pictures, sounds whatever multimedia should be removed. I need only a text.
Currently I see that some notes have images inside (which seems happened there as mistake of copy-paste) but it is too difficult to search by eyes whole text of a note and remove all such small images.

4) Need to see how much space is allocated by all my content on EverNote server. I need to control if local notes database is correct.

Regards,
Dmitry.

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi. (again) For the record this is probably linked to a tech query here -

I generally agree that it would be nice to get more tools for the user to analyse and fix any data issues,  but I can see that adding too many lines of report would limit the ways in which new features could be added;  and existing features still suffer from so many issues that I'd far prefer to see Evernote's house put more in order before such things are added.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, dmitry_bond said:

Need possibility to kill history for a note. Certain notes do not need a history at all. I need a [Clear history] button to release resources.

Evernote has a Note History backup feature that is server based; history data is stored on the server and there is no resource impact to your device.

>>Need to see how much space is allocated by all my content

In Windows, you get an indication of your data storage by checking the size of the .exb database file.

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

Evernote has a Note History backup feature that is server based; history data is stored on the server and there is no resource impact to your device.

>>Need to see how much space is allocated by all my content

In Windows, you get an indication of your data storage by checking the size of the .exb database file.

Obviously, checking size by .exb file does not work!

Because select all notes + export to ENEX file gives me 160Mb. And after I did sign-off + delete EXB file + sign-in again I got a new EXB file of 345Mb. 

So, obviously there is bug in EverNote with EXB file processing! 0.35Gb vs 22Gb - that is too HUGE difference. 

And the problem is - tools available by Ctrl+Help (such as "Optimize database", "Fix All Notes", etc) they did not help to resolve this issue.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, dmitry_bond said:

So, obviously there is bug in EverNote

...Not necessarily.  This is the first post I can recall on this particular topic,  and with 200M+ users,  a fair percentage on Windows 10,  you'd expect that others would have reported the issue before now.  It's not unknown for Windows to have its own occasional meltdowns and the next suggestion would have been to run CHKDSK (google for more on that) to check your hard drive for errors.  Files can misreport their actual size because they're cross-connected with one or more other files...

Archived