Warning on moving note to a shared notebook

timfg

Idea

Just installed 6.11.2.7027 (307027) Public. Which has decided to start warning me EVERY time I move a note from an unshared notebook to a shared notebook. This strikes me as the worst possible example of nannying a user possible, so I assume you can switch off these warnings. But I can find no option to do so. Someone tell me I'm wrong please...

13 replies to this idea

Worse - having shared the Evernote notebook solely to avoid getting repeated warnings, I now get a more generic warning that 'People may lose or gain access'. You don't say! How do I turn them off??

• Level 5*

There's no switch.  My solution on a Mac is to use a script to reassign notebooks.

There's no official word from Evernote but I suspect this is a bug and Evernote will get around to fixing it.

And, for clarity, here is the use case: I scan everything into Evernote once a month or so, which puts them in the Evernote notebook. So I now have 60-odd new notes, which I retitle when I have a few minutes, tag if needed and move to the correct notebook. I do not need to be babied about the implications of doing so, there are countless reasons why a note might start life in a different notebook from the one I now want it in. Treating users as unable to recognise the implications of legitimate actions in the application strikes me as being truly stupid.

Hard to see it's a bug, since the warning is correct in what it is warning of. More like a truly dreadful design decision! Thanks for confirming there's nothing I can do though.

I'm piling on. This is annoying as hell.

I understand if people want or need to be reminded, but opting out should be possible for more experienced users (i.e. adults.). In fact, it should be easy. 

If you Evernote people are reading these posts, fix this ASAP,  please!!!

• Level 5*

This is actually a useful warning (hey, you're going to be taking a way a note from someone who might be expecting it to be there), but the option to not show it would be nice. I'd use that, since I only share notes with another account that's owned by me (my work and personal accounts, to be clear)

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, jefito said:

This is actually a useful warning (hey, you're going to be taking a way a note from someone who might be expecting it to be there), but the option to not show it would be nice. I'd use that, since I only share notes with another account that's owned by me (my work and personal accounts, to be clear)

it is useful the first time. It is less useful the 2-5th time.

after that, it just encourages you to click stuff without reading. It is sort of like the UAC warnings in Vista. When it happens too often, it gets ignored and things just get clicked, so this is not useful in current implementation, but actually the reverse as really important things later on will be ignored and clicked.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, EdH said:

it is useful the first time. It is less useful the 2-5th time.

Yes, hence...

16 hours ago, jefito said:

but the option to not show it would be nice.

("nice" is understatement)

Does anyone know of any progress on this? I've just done my monthly scan cycle again - and this ridiculous piece of shoddy design thinking is just unbearable ??

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, timfg said:

Does anyone know of any progress on this? I've just done my monthly scan cycle again - and this ridiculous piece of shoddy design thinking is just unbearable ??

The latest GA has fixed this, but I recommend you DO NOT INSTALL IT. It is 6.13.13, but it has some serious sync bugs identified in the beta and pushed out anyway.

When you do get it, there is a checkbox telling it to not warn you of this again.

Archived