Anyone else having problems with intitle: searches in EN 6.11?

• Level 5*

This started with EN Win 6.10. For some users, EN Win 6.11 seems to have corrected the problem. I continue to experience the issue in 6.11 on Win 7.

In "All Notes" context, when performing an intitle: search, the characters appear in the search bar (as normal) and then suddenly the 'focus' moves away from the search bar and any additional characters typed do not appear in the search bar. Rather, those characters end up as the title of a new note.

• Level 5*

Hi - is your search as you type delay set to a specific period?  If you get to the limit Evernote will starting looking for matches and (I guess) move the focus from your typing.  I have my limit set at 0,  which means I need to hit the search button to start operations.  No problems with intitle: searches for me...

search as you type delay.jpg

3 minutes ago, gazumped said:

I have my limit set at 0,  which means I need to hit the search button to start operations.

I learn something new everyday. This is a great option, I just changed mine to zero as it was always aggravating me every time I do a length search string. I guess I need to review the Options menu a little bit more closer. :)

• Level 5*
12 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi - is your search as you type delay set to a specific period?  If you get to the limit Evernote will starting looking for matches and (I guess) move the focus from your typing.  I have my limit set at 0,  which means I need to hit the search button to start operations.  No problems with intitle: searches for me...

search as you type delay.jpg

Thanks, that resolves the problem. Was that option introduced with 6.10? 6.10 was when this issue first popped up. @CalS experienced this as well, though it went away for him with 6.11. If the option has been around for longer (and the default setting hasn't changed), it seems something else happened in 6.10 to create the issue.

I like search-as-I-type, so I just set the delay to 1000 ms (from 50 ms). Will try working it down until I start experiencing this issue again.

• Level 5

I've got this option in my good ol' 6.5.4. I'm not sure what the default is. I do notice that, unlike other options, when I hover the mouse over it there is no flyover text explaining it--e.g., explaining that setting it to 0 will not result in an instant search, but in turning off search-as-you-type altogether, per @gazumped.

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I've got this option in my good ol' 6.5.4. I'm not sure what the default is. I do notice that, unlike other options, when I hover the mouse over it there is no flyover text explaining it--e.g., explaining that setting it to 0 will not result in an instant search, but in turning off search-as-you-type altogether, per @gazumped.

Thanks. So either the default setting changed or something else changed with 6.10 to create the issue.

6.11 does have the hover text explaining the option. The Options window has to be the active window and mouse has to hover over the time entry box.

• Level 5
1 minute ago, tavor said:

Thanks. So either the default setting changed or something else changed with 6.10 to create the issue.

6.11 does have the hover text explaining the option. The Options window has to be the active window and mouse has to hover over the time entry box.

Over the time box ... the one place I didn't hover it. :blush:

Update!

After changing the ZERO ms, now when I do a CTRL + Q search, it changes the search box to the syntax but it does not update the search since I did not hit enter! 

And when you do the CTRL +Q search, the focus is on the note so you have to go back into the search box to hit the enter to update the notes. I am running an older version of Evernote so I am not sure if this was addressed, but I had to go back and change my setting to 50 ms again to use the CTRL + Q function properly.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, TK0047 said:

you have to go back into the search box to hit the enter to update the notes

I just Ctrl-Q'd a search and the text is in my search box when no notes are found,  but there's no entry when a lot of notes are found.  I also have the Search Information tab active though,  (below) so it's possible to change the parameters of the search from there...

5ac8f2014bd5d_searchinformation.jpg.33751650aa13c7987d7a950880b899c1.jpg

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, TK0047 said:

I had to go back and change my setting to 50 ms again to use the CTRL + Q function properly.

Yup, that is what works for me as well.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, tavor said:

This started with EN Win 6.10. For some users, EN Win 6.11 seems to have corrected the problem. I continue to experience the issue in 6.11 on Win 7.

In "All Notes" context, when performing an intitle: search, the characters appear in the search bar (as normal) and then suddenly the 'focus' moves away from the search bar and any additional characters typed do not appear in the search bar. Rather, those characters end up as the title of a new note.

This issue did go away for me in EN Win 6.11, running Win 10 Pro.

Archived