Stack Search - folder name glitch in Win7 & renaming

In trying to resolve issues with stack search I came across a glitch with notebook names - Evernote Premium.

Been testing this on a Win7 Pro laptop and a Win 10 Home desktop (both originally with Evernote 6.10.3.6921 and then updated to 6.11.2.7027).

On Win10 with  6.10.3.6921 I had to key in my search term and then select the stack and the search would be successful. With 6.11.2.7027 I just double click the stack and all is good.

On Win7 (6.11.2.7027) I just double click on the stack and key in the search term and it will be successful but I also had issues with the earlier version.

So with 6.11.2.7027 all is good...  except for one stack on the Win7 laptop.

I have a stack titled "Work" with multiple sub-notebooks within it.  On the Win10 desktop it is searchable in either version of Evernote I used.  On the Win7 laptop it will not find any note with the search word in the "Work" stack with either version used. 

Earlier on the Win7 laptop after realizing that I having issues searching the stacks, I found that if I renamed the top notebook in the stack, it worked again.  Except for this one "Work" stack.  I could not rename it.  The F2 function would not work. I could bring up the change name dialog and key in the change I wanted but it would never change.

I ended changing the name of the stack on the Win10 desktop and sync'ing it back to the Win 7 laptop.  After that,  the stack was searchable.

What was going on with my "Work" notebook name and why were the others suddenly searchable after being renamed?

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Carl-L-ND said:

What was going on with my "Work" notebook name and why were the others suddenly searchable after being renamed?

Hi.  Personally,  no clue.  Kudos for working out (no pun intended) what was going on though,  and changing the name so it would (sigh) work.  To get a definitive answer you'd have to refer to Evernote support:  we're a (mainly) user-supported forum and while staffers do read these posts,  there's no telling when they'll get around to it or whether they will respond.  The team is available on https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action if you're a subscriber,  Twitter - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if not. 

Archived