multiple screenshots within same note

aiyoshi

Idea

I started using evernote several years ago on my Mac but had to go to Windows a couple of years ago due to my customer base. I now realize that I miss certain features on the Mac version a LOT, e.g., the ability to grab as many screenshots as I need for a single-topic note. If that ability exists in Windows, didn't find it; I looked before submitting this. Many of my notes require multiple screenshots, which means I have to use another app, then copy and paste. PLEASE fix this. 

9 replies to this idea

maybe you didn't understand what i meant.... the evernote version on my mac allows me to capture and include as many (?) screenshots as i need... i haven't seen a windows version do that. it just captures and closes. if i've missed something, please advise. thanks

• Level 5*

You can take as many screenshots as you want. Then:

*cut and paste into single note or

*merge the notes to one note. You’ll want to adjust your merge preferences in settings so you don’t have a lot of repetitive header info. 

• Level 5
3 hours ago, EdH said:

*merge the notes to one note. You’ll want to adjust your merge preferences in settings so you don’t have a lot of repetitive header info.

I find the merge note feature to be very powerful and helpful. After I capture the multiple screen captures in the correct chronological order, I merge them together. 

The settings I use are: 

> Tools 
> Options 
> Note 
> Note merge options
> Merge notes with no separator

• Level 5*

I do multiple screen captures too - the clip screen option works when Evernote is running,  and gives you a cursor cross-hair you can use to define an area.  Pressing Ctrl during the operation dumps the clip into Windows Clipboard,  or Shift will save it as a file.  Doing nothing creates a single note.  I copy to my desktop and then drag/ drop multiple images into a note,  and/ or merge notes as above.  The default clip hotkey is -or was- hijacked by Windows,  so mine is amended.

5acca2c1a9340_capturescreen.jpg.dda3d1c68677332fe3ec932c2ef458e9.jpg

thanks for your suggestions, but i already merge notes, screenshot/copy/paste;etc..REALLY? go to a 3rd app to capture screenshots to create one relevant note?  why do windows users have to do that when we know it's possible to do better?. evernote is supposed to be a PRODUCTIVITY TOOL, which means minimizing keystrokes and STEPS.   i offered a SUGGESTION to the powers that be at EVERNOTE, to provide similar functionality to windows users as is available on the mac version, which allows multiple successive screenshots without engaging a THIRD app... no CLIP/COPY/PASTE. c'mon EVERNOTE DEVELOPERS... inspire me to return to my premium evernote service.... without another exorbitant rate hit. Thanks!

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, aiyoshi said:

REALLY? go to a 3rd app to capture screenshots to create one relevant note?

We just explained it's possible to use Evernote to capture screenshots to the clipboard, a file or a note.  No third app involved.  However - if you prefer the Mac system,  you suggested the feature;  Evernote may take it on board for the future.

• Level 5*
On 4/10/2018 at 7:41 AM, gazumped said:

I do multiple screen captures too - the clip screen option works when Evernote is running,  and gives you a cursor cross-hair you can use to define an area.  Pressing Ctrl during the operation dumps the clip into Windows Clipboard,  or Shift will save it as a file.  Doing nothing creates a single note.  I copy to my desktop and then drag/ drop multiple images into a note,  and/ or merge notes as above.  

For multiple screen captures, I use CTRL when clipping to copy to Windows Clipboard and then paste into a note. Repeat as necessary for multiple screencaps. Works pretty well.

Archived