refuses to print, nothing happens

I regularly print out recipes to use them in the kitchen but today, it simply refuses to print. Absolutely nothing happens when I click 'control P'. No error message, nothing at all.

Just before doing that, I wondered if it would fit into one page, so I clicked 'print preview'. That opens up the document in my pdf viewing software, not in Evernote like it usually does. Okay... Very strange. Another time I tried it,  that brought me to a selection of files marked "save as". But there is no "save as" on this menu. Even stranger...

I wondered if somehow my preferences had been changed to print to pdf (I certainly didn't do that on purpose). But now, I can't find any menu that lets me change it back.

I'd really like to be able to make my cornbread before my guests arrive...

win 10 restart will fix for one print only for me.  when attempt 2nd though, back to useless,  missing print to default printer menu or option.  

Workaround until this bug fixed for me:  print to pdf.  open pdf in adobe reader. print via printers works but outside of evernote.  ):

you are not alone in your experience, another thread has several contributions and suggestions:

hang in there....history over the years suggests they find and fix in a future release.  long time evernote user, 2 premium accounts, windows 10, multi platform devices for access, yadda yadda...  

in. re. recipes, wife does same for saved favorite recipes prep....i needed for helping elderly parent estate planning and tax time need to dos for both....urgh.

• 1 month later...

I am also having the same issues. 

1. Print  preview only asks which file to save the pdf in

2. Nothing happens when I click print

3. Ctrl P working for all other apps but not Evernote

I thought I had screwed up my settings. Happy to hear that I'm not alone but would be happier to not have these issues. LOL

PS print preview works only if you are in the actual Evernote "preview" mode, not if the note is open. Once you get the pdf preview then the ctrl-p will work and print the page (s).  Sort of a pain but does work nonetheless.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also having this problem - from multiple PCs - one running Win10 and one running Win7.

Win 10 PC refuses to print even after reboot - just save PDF is available

Was able to print 1 note from Win7 PC - when I tried to print a 2nd note I got the PDF only option.

An issue in the past I've had with sync turned out that Evernote was getting proxy info from IExplorer - so I tried a few prints from IE then back to Evernote and this did not help.

Please fix this problem or provide a better workaround than saving PDFs then printing them

• 4 weeks later...

Same here. Windows 10 restart and I get one note to print. The 2nd request for a print out fails. This has been reported Since April. Why isn't EN fixing this!!! There is no reason that the print function programming should have even been touched with the 6.11 update. Where is the quality control? They seem to be too busy raising rates and focusing on Mac & Business customers. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same issue.  Cannot print more than 1 time using Windows 10.  Have to reboot to print a 2nd time or save PDF and print.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating. 

Thanks for fixing this very soon!

On 7/18/2018 at 9:53 AM, Rcgarber said:

I am having the same issue.  Cannot print more than 1 time using Windows 10.  Have to reboot to print a 2nd time or save PDF and print.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating. 

Thanks for fixing this very soon!

There was an update near the end of June that corrected this problem. I had to manually install as it had not been released to everyone. For PC look for vers 6.13.13.7425. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived