Search and replace replaces wrong

I have used "search and replace" many times for searching html and replacing some of the texts and tags etc. But now anything I copy into the search bar is replaced with coded signs for " and > and other signs. What happened? Can I change a setting to get it back?

For example I want to search for this in my text note: <script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

But when I paste it in the search field it says: &lt;script async src=&quot;//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js&quot; charset=&quot;utf-8&quot;&gt;&lt;/script&gt;

so of course the search does not work! :-/ 

UPDATE: PC/Windows user. Used to work on the same platform, but since last update this happened.

Yeah, search works, just not "search and replace" called on with CTRL + H. Did you try that too? I copied the search text from what I had pasted in the Evernote note, also formated to simplified format - or or what do you mean?

• Level 5*

In the latest 6.11.2 release, I paste the string into the Ctrl+H's "Find text in note" field, and it looks fine, but pasting it into the "Replace with" field, it expands out to the " &lt;script async src=&quot;//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js&quot; charset=&quot;utf-8&quot;&gt;&lt;/script&gt;" line noise string.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, iHanna said:

Yeah, search works, just not "search and replace" called on with CTRL + H. Did you try that too? I copied the search text from what I had pasted in the Evernote note, also formated to simplified format - or or what do you mean?

My bad, I did not try it in search and replace.  I get the same results as you, in both the find and the replace fields of Ctrl+H.  As it is or after removing any formatting.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 years later...
[When using "Find & Replace", characters where getting substituted]
Using Control + H, I'd paste $(date "+%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S") into the search field and it would substitute a double quote character " with &quot ;

My fix was to go into options (Tools --> Options --> Note) and Uncheck "Automatically format text elements"