Ideas for organizing notes

Salsero69

Idea

I've been using Evernote for a long time and have so many feature ideas that would make my using it so much more productive.

Pin Note to top - I would love the ability to pin an often viewed, but not modified, note to the top of the list. I know there's shortcuts on the toolbar, but I reserve that for very important stuff that I don't need all the time but are always hard to find.

Coloured notes - How about the ability to assign a colour key to a note in the list. It would be a good way to visually identify certain notes.

Manually sort notes - How about the ability to sort notes manually by drag-and-drop. 

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Salsero69 said:

Pin Note to top - I would love the ability to pin an often viewed, but not modified, note to the top of the list. I know there's shortcuts on the toolbar, but I reserve that for very important stuff that I don't need all the time but are always hard to find.

There's no pin feature but you can control notes via the sort sequence and adjusting the title or dates.

For example, prefixing the title with a ! sorts to the top in title sequence.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Salsero69 said:

Coloured notes - How about the ability to assign a colour key to a note in the list. It would be a good way to visually identify certain notes.

Manually sort notes - How about the ability to sort notes manually by drag-and-drop. 

Much of this has already been suggested.

Workarounds: In Windows client, using any of the Snippet, Thumbnail and Card view,s you can pin notes to the top of the note list by adding a reminder to a note Reminders. Reminder notes are added to a special reminder list, and you can choose to sort them by date or manually, in which case you can drag/drop reminders up and down the reminder list.

Colors: you can add colors to notes in your note list using tags and styles. For example, if you use tag "A", find "A" in your tag list, right-click on it, and select "Style...", you can select a color that's used to mark notes in the note list that have that tag.

On 4/4/2018 at 12:26 PM, Salsero69 said:

This is a feature I am anxiously waiting for. I would love to be able to change the color of the note card and have some kind of a color coding system for me or just make some of the notes stand out more than others. 

There have been other discussions and recommendations related to this however, I just like to reiterate every change I get :)

Archived