Unable to Share Notes

Hi. I'm a basic user, operating on the Windows desktop app.

Whenever I try to share, I go through the usual window. You can see in the attached image where I select who to share with.

Screen Shot 04-03-18 at 02.34 PM.PNG

The problem is that when I click on someone's profile, the note doesn't get sent to that profile. A whole new one is created, which you can see in the image of my work chat. The person I want to share with (and the profile that I clicked on) is shown at the top of the work chat. Instead, a blank profile with that person's name is created at the bottom of the chat and the note is shared there. The original profile does not receive the shared note.

Screen Shot 04-03-18 at 02.39 PM.PNG

The only way I've been able to share notes is copying the share link and pasting it into work chat.

I don't know why this is happening. I have walked through the steps with my coworkers and they say they do the exact same thing, but they are able to share notes with me via the share button. I've also attempted to share notes within folders that are already shared with everyone (just in case it might be a permissions thing), but I get the same results.

Can anyone help?

I reported this to Evernote quite some time ago when it showed up in beta versions with no real response or acknowledgement.  Hopefully someone will take notice and fix it sooner than later!  @Chantal Leonard Perhaps you can take note and pass this information along to developers? 

Archived