Evernote for Windows 6.11 GA

Chantal Leonard

Idea

Hi Folks, 

Thanks for the feedback on the 6.11 Beta, this version is now generally available. You can download it here and we'll be rolling out to all users and to the App Store over the next couple of weeks. Special thanks to our dogfooders who helped us spot the issue with PDFs not being displayed correctly - we've addressed the issue for the GA. 

Please stay tuned for our next Beta. 

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Windows Team. 

-------------------

Release Notes for Windows version 6.11

Note: Versions 6.11 is supported in OS versions Windows 7 and up.

Improved:

• Improved drag and drop support for lists, to-dos, and tables
  • Added incremental zoom control in the image gallery mode
  • Added support for hundreds of emojis using typebehind including ??????
  • Improved the performance of note loading

Fixed:

• An issue where some clipped content is not visible in notes
  • An issue where words added to the dictionary aren't remembered between app launches
  • An issue where some notebooks are not listed when moving a note from a joined notebook
  • An issue where attached PDFs and Images are sometimes not searchable
  • An intermittent issue where new users can sometimes see no content after first launch
  • An issue where a new note is created in the default notebook when a stack is selected instead of the first notebook in the stack
  • An issue where rotating an image or annotating it results in the size of the image getting reset
  • An issue where Google drive links cannot be opened when the enable descriptive links is checked
  • Several workchat issues including one where a user is taken back to the "All Notes" view after a sync is performed
  • Several top crashes

Why is this a general release? The last half a dozen betas are alphas and general releases were barely betas. This one cannot have all the bugs fixed that have been reported. There is no way. It has been released way too soon, with not enough testing. And many bugs are threat to the users data? Why is this a general release?  This is barely 6.11 beta 2, but more likely alpha 2, not a general release. Why has it been released? Why are standards of quality so low? This needs to be tested extensively for at least few months, and all the reported bugs fixed, with no new ones introduced. There is no way you have done that. 

I would like to speak to a product manager, or someone behind these release choices? Someone who has the authority and is responsible for releasing buggy, unfinished products that make it very likely to lose personal and professional data. Along with many other unwanted product behaviors. (And also someone who will actually answer the phone or forum post, and not some dead end forum thread no one answers.)

And where is the known issues list? Because I'm pretty sure you know the issues reported that have not been corrected. I'm almost ready to bet that several upcoming posts here in this thread will show  that as they always do. Ever since 6.5.4 release, when all this started. New editor, and rapid release of more bugs. Including changes to layout no one asked for, while bugs remain. 

Payed user here. I am not upgrading, until you guys actually release a stable, reliable product. Something that I'm paying for but not getting. The price has gone up more than six months ago, and we lost atlas and few other features, got bunch of bugs that seem to multiply with each release. Making it not only annoying but actually unstable to use. Last time I tried, after 6.5.4 version which I'm currently using, I lose precious data. Ever since than I'm reading forums and Its a disaster. All the regular forum users here know it. Once again, why is this a general release and not alpha or beta release, and why is it not being tested more? In order to correct all the bugs and make sure its safe to use. 

2 hours ago, Krunoslav said:

Why is this a general release? The last half a dozen betas are alphas and general releases were barely betas. This one cannot have all the bugs fixed that have been reported. There is no way. It has been released way too soon, with not enough testing.

It's a general release because of all the emojis that are now available. All the 12-year old "Premium" subscribers were demanding these oh-so-important emojis so they could chat with their pre-teen buddies. They didn't need reliability as a 12-year-old's chain of thought generally doesn't last more than a few minutes. Those lost notes were forgotten almost as soon as they were created so they are not an issue. EMOJIS are far more important. The EN people had to decide whether note safety or emojis represented the cash flow and the emojis won.

Now how do I write a semicolon and a close parenthesis without getting some silly smiley winking at me?

50 minutes ago, OrbWeaver said:

It's a general release because of all the emojis that are now available. All the 12-year old "Premium" subscribers were demanding these oh-so-important emojis so they could chat with their pre-teen buddies. They didn't need reliability as a 12-year-old's chain of thought generally doesn't last more than a few minutes. Those lost notes were forgotten almost as soon as they were created so they are not an issue. EMOJIS are far more important. The EN people had to decide whether note safety or emojis represented the cash flow and the emojis won.

Now how do I write a semicolon and a close parenthesis without getting some silly smiley winking at me?

Indeed. At least you used sarcasm font. Kudos.

I am not sure if that will change anything, but you do make a good point. I don't remember many people asking for emojis, compared to fixing bugs, stability improvements,  security improvements, more devices we can use, and more notes and notebooks we can create. Something that has not been improved for a very long time and actually reduced for some users. And off course useful features like text editing features that almost all professional competitors have. Even features that were step in the right direction, like reminders got left behind with not much investment in improving those, also asked by people. 

Either way, there comes a point where stability and reliability and security is paramount. Something that makes the service and app actually safe to use and we are paying for. To evernote; you can have all the emoji you want, just fix the existing bugs first and please don't introduce two new bugs for every one you fix. Please. Raise your standards, and be professional about it. 

• Level 5*

I'm updating because I need my PDFs back!  Thanks to the team for fixing that quickly.  Emojis I could care less about...  Was briefly excited because I though I could flag note or notebook titles with emojis for emphasis.  But you can't ;)  Note text only...

I just read the thread "Evernote for Mac 7.0" in the Mac forum, and a lot of people also complain about buggy releases, so it's not only the Windows client.

I don't know what's going on with Evernote, but they really have to fix the low-quality standard of these releases.

• Level 5*

On first blush four things I see positive in this GA.

1. PDFs are visible in the note window again.
  2. Don't know if it happened with this release, but the bigger green square for dragging the size of an image.
  3. The note render lag is minuscule, not quite back to 6.7, but noticeable no longer.
  4. Dictionary seems to persist now (started with the Beta I think).

To the above comments in the thread, three of the four are fixes to bugs that were introduced in recent releases.  Not to mention the current PDF viewer lacks functionality the old one had.  All that being said, thanks for fixing the issues.

• Level 5*

Bug report.  When trying to change the number of columns in Thumbnail view EN goes to not responding and has to be stopped.  Trying to go from 5 to 6 columns.  Largish notebook with 6665 notes in it.  

• Level 5*

Bug report.  In the newish PDF viewer if you have a PDF wherein the first page is portrait and the second is landscape, clicking on + to enlarge does indeed enlarge, but the first page of the PDF walks off the screen to the right with no horizontal scroll control that I can find.  It's like both pages enlarge and the landscape page is forcing a center in the frame.  Also the full frame icon works on the landscape page only, no way to get full frame on the portrait page.  May be native to the Chrome PDF view, if so, yuck.

Also, some PDFs have three levels of viewing, original, expanded and full frane (after which is rotates between expanded and full), some have two, original and smaller?  Is there rhyme or reason to this?

• Level 5*

Bug Report.  I can't drag/drop text from one note to another anymore.  I can see the text "travelling" with the cursor, but when I click to drop, nothing happens.  Copy/paste still works.

• Level 5*

Bug report:

On 3/31/2018 at 11:27 AM, tavor said:

Win 7, EN 6.10GA

In the toolbar where you can place shortcuts to saved searches and notes, the triple-down arrow on the right edge no longer works - i.e., clicking it doesn't present the saved searches/notes that don't fit onto the toolbar.

This continues into 6.11GA. Clicking the triple-down arrow shows an empty pane.

Selecting "Show as Separate Toolbar", then moving it back by selecting "Show in Toolbar" temporarily fixes it, but the issue does come back.

• Level 5*

Positive feedback.  I find this version of EN to be the quickest in recent memory.  I have only had the occasional speed issue using EN the past nine years, so interesting I would notice.  I was grinding through a project last night -  lots of searches, moving things about, editing, creating links, etc. and it was a seamless experience.  Very, very nice.  I hope it is not just me that is having this positive experience.  Thanks.

It would have been even more seamless with the old PDF viewer functions.  ;)  Sorry, can't help myself.

• Level 5*
  1. Can we get it to stop pestering us when we move notes to shared notebooks? One reminder is enough. I don't want it for every single move I do. I want to turn that off.
  2. I think there is a bug where if you open an image in a Windows Store app (Paint.Net for example) and edit it in some way, after saving it doesn't save back to Evernote. You lose your changes. It works with built-in Paint, and it used to work when I had Paint.Net installed as a 32bit app from the web, not the app store.
  • Ex Employees

Hey Gang,

I wanted to thank you for all the feedback. I get your frustration, and I think it's essential for you to know that there's a Windows team behind every release.
Our client should perform more reliably, with no input lag, and with an improved UI -- in that order. We want this too! Unfortunately, it takes time to re-engineer aspects of our client.
Behind the scenes, we're chipping away at subtle software improvements that don't materially change the product, ergo they don't result in a bullet point on the release notes.

We seriously didn't just push out a release that only makes emojis more accessible. 

I've been advocating for more frequent releases so that we can get these behind-the-scenes changes into the hands of our users on a regular basis. 

Thanks,

Nick from the Windows Team

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, Nick Nassiri said:

We seriously didn't just push out a release that only makes emojis more accessible

I rarely use emojis - partly because I have never felt the need to get my head around what they mean. Seriously, when there are 13,000 of them, who has time or capacity in their brain for all those things?! Seriously, I do understand that software development doesn't always go the way you want or even expect it to go. There has to be 13,000,000 different combinations of things that other programmers can do with a web page that can mess with your plans. I know you didn't plan to have things go that way. So what about in addition to the release notes, share what didn't go according to plan that you have to spend time on fixing. Then we can at least share your pain! I thought at one point there were "oops" lists of things that didn't make it to this update - can we have it back if there was - or give me some good reasons why we can't have it?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Nick Nassiri said:

Hey Gang,

I wanted to thank you for all the feedback. I get your frustration, and I think it's essential for you to know that there's a Windows team behind every release.
Our client should perform more reliably, with no input lag, and with an improved UI -- in that order. We want this too! Unfortunately, it takes time to re-engineer aspects of our client.
Behind the scenes, we're chipping away at subtle software improvements that don't materially change the product, ergo they don't result in a bullet point on the release notes.

We seriously didn't just push out a release that only makes emojis more accessible. 

I've been advocating for more frequent releases so that we can get these behind-the-scenes changes into the hands of our users on a regular basis. 

Thanks,

How about not releasing them to the GA and letting your beta testers beat up on it? Every beta thread has a ton of issues brought up but as many bugs make it through as get fixed. For some reason Evernote seems intent on pushing out releases just to have an update to announce regardless of quality. No one would give a flip if you worked for 3 months to release a STABLE release with NO NEW FEATURES AT ALL, just fixes.

In fact, most of us would praise such a move.

6 hours ago, EdH said:

How about not releasing them to the GA and letting your beta testers beat up on it? Every beta thread has a ton of issues brought up but as many bugs make it through as get fixed. For some reason Evernote seems intent on pushing out releases just to have an update to announce regardless of quality. No one would give a flip if you worked for 3 months to release a STABLE release with NO NEW FEATURES AT ALL, just fixes.

In fact, most of us would praise such a move.

This.

7 hours ago, Nick Nassiri said:

Hey Gang,

Thanks,

Hi, Nick

If you are the one responsible for "advocating for more frequent releases, so that we can get these behind-the-scenes changes into the hands of our users on a regular basis." Did you ever consider that being a payed user of your product does not mean we are happy to pay for the privilege to be beta testers as well? I certainly didn't agree on that. And that is exactly what has been going on. 

If you want frequent releases, keep them in BETA stage, and let volunteers test it. Once it hits General Release its not a joke. I'm not paying you to test your product, I didn't agree on that. If you want volunteers, that is fine, people on these forums seems to be wiling to test and reports bugs. But not people who use it for IMPORTANT private and professional work. We are paying for reliability, security and stable releases, not for privilege of being beta testers. Its an insult to users. 

Stop releasing untested products to market, keep them in beta for reasonable time and make sure you fix all the reported and discovered bugs before it goes into what most companies use RC (Release Candidate). Version of product that is supposed to be bug free and its there to be tested, as a final version, just before its released to general public. 

That is what we the users want, and that is your responsibility. Please don't advocate anything that users have to pay for with lose of time and precious data. Its enough we are paying with money. 

Thank you. 

On this release I am finding that whilst I am entering text into a note the note is almost instantly syncing and when this occurs the note list jumps back to the very top note, I am then having to scroll down to the note to continue. It is making it impossible to do any continual text entries, at the moment I am having to open the note in another window.

I can't find any way to turn off instant sync, but in any case the jumping about in the notes list shouldn't occur.

Hello,

I fully agree with (all) the complains about the unstable GA releases (since v6.7).  Evernote is become unreliable and very frustrating.  The time we will suggest the app to our clients is over. We are losing our trust in your product.

Publishing regular releases is good but must be done with more caution and the Beta cycle should be longer. 

Most of the time the releases bring new features but don't fix the issues reported (or too few). We understand there are priorities and urgent tasks in background but from our point of view the current management team have all wrong.

Please, understand we don't want new features at this stage. We want a STABLE application first. I mean.. a GA always stable. 

Another very frustrating part on our side is your lack of communication. You are here and there.. most of the time replying about minor issues or issues existing only because you have added new features without proper testing (and this despite that other critical issues have been reported for .. years). Communication seems not well coordinated for beta users.

We are lost in the topics and infinite & redondant comments/reports.  We need an up to date list of the issues you are working on. We don't need the deadlines .. but a simple list of issues you are aware, issues you are working on, issues fixed, issues postpone, etc.. If you continue to make the the releases announcement (beta and GA) on the forum then the first reply should be an up to date summary of the issues reported (Maybe the gurus could take this role if no one of your staff have time for that?).

ps: about Guru members.. I would like to thank you for all help provided. But I would like also to kindly ask you to reduce your posts. You are posting too much even if it's is partially helpful. New members doesn't even think they can use the search option first.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, xaa said:

(Maybe the gurus could take this role if no one of your staff have time for that?).

ps: about Guru members.. I would like to thank you for all help provided. But I would like also to kindly ask you to reduce your posts. You are posting too much even if it's is partially helpful. New members doesn't even think they can use the search option first.

Well,  we're just users like you - with exactly the same access.  If the team tell us what's in a new release,  they may as well tell everyone at the same time.  And as for posting too much,  there are 30-50 new queries every day of which I get to a dozen or less (I do,  despite appearances,  have a life too...).  I'm hoping the other gurus and other users get to most of the rest,  but with Evernote steadily spreading around the world there will always be a steady flow of new queries.  The search option isn't the first thing most of them reach for - we have dozens of threads on Chrome clipper at the moment forinstance - and anyways the Forums search feature isn't one of its greatest strengths.  It's usually better to do an internet search for a problem!

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, Nick Nassiri said:

With more frequent releases you also have to have some on-stage fixes in the same releases if you don't want to frustrate folks all the more, IMO anyway.  Not to mention QA in general with a faster release cycle.

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, Nick Nassiri said:

Hey Gang,

Thanks,

Thanks for the info, Nick. It's nice to hear directly from the Windows team. Hopefully we'll hear more from you than just one post.

Perhaps the most significant source of frustration for many long-time users is how existing functionality is broken by betas and GA releases. We understand that new features require a cycle or two of user testing to get right, but it's hard to understand the frequency with which existing functionality gets broken. It makes some of us shy away from beta testing - I'm happy to test a beta if I have a reasonable degree of confidence that my current workflow won't be disrupted.

The existing featureset is a known quantity. You should have a QA process that proposed beta and GA releases get run through to test that existing features continue to work. And if underlying architecture changes temporarily break existing features, let us know in advance so we can make an informed decision to install the beta depending on whether or not the break affects our workflow or can be worked around relatively easily.

I used to have a love relationship with Evernote. Now it's love-hate because of the new bugs in existing features that every new release seems to have. Help me love Evernote again!

• Ex Employees
9 hours ago, ian_marson said:

On this release I am finding that whilst I am entering text into a note the note is almost instantly syncing and when this occurs the note list jumps back to the very top note, I am then having to scroll down to the note to continue. It is making it impossible to do any continual text entries, at the moment I am having to open the note in another window.

I can't find any way to turn off instant sync, but in any case the jumping about in the notes list shouldn't occur.

Thanks for this report. What is your "Syncronize"  setting (Tools > Options > Synchronization). Does the same issue occur if you change the Synchronize option to five minutes? 

10 hours ago, Austin G said:

Thanks for this report. What is your "Syncronize"  setting (Tools > Options > Synchronization). Does the same issue occur if you change the Synchronize option to five minutes? 

Thank you for your response. Sync is set to 5 minutes. Oddly enough I have been trying to reproduce this again and now EN appears to be behaving itself correctly. At the time I had the issue I was creating several notes with tables and pasting text into some cells and typing text into other cells. I have been doing this again today and the error is not happening. All I can do is see how this goes now.

On 4/5/2018 at 3:42 AM, Nick Nassiri said:

Hey Gang,

Thanks,

Since you made the decision to replace the stable 6.11 release with an extremely unstable one, I'm afraid there is no way back, you should proceed with smaller, more frequent releases, preferably without new features and certainly no regression, just to solve the major issues one by one . I don't want to wait for three months until everything has been solved at once.

• Level 5*
On 4/4/2018 at 9:42 PM, Nick Nassiri said:

Hey Gang,

Thanks,

Hi Nick,

Can we get any information on the status for the PDF viewer in Evernote? Everyone hates it. Features were removed, including drag and drop, and people have been expressing disdain and regret over this for months in the forum. Can we get an answer from someone at Evernote that we're even being heard? Will we get that functionality back? Can we opt-out of the Chrome PDF viewer you've decided to use?

I have personally chosen to stop using Evernote and move to a different product because of this. Not just the complete breaking of a useful feature of your product, but because of Evernote staff's lack of response in addressing our concerns. I have lost faith in the company, in addition to the product. A direct answer from staff, for once, would make a big difference.

Thank you.

44 minutes ago, chirmer said:

Hi Nick,

Can we get any information on the status for the PDF viewer in Evernote? Everyone hates it. Features were removed, including drag and drop, and people have been expressing disdain and regret over this for months in the forum. Can we get an answer from someone at Evernote that we're even being heard? Will we get that functionality back? Can we opt-out of the Chrome PDF viewer you've decided to use?

I have personally chosen to stop using Evernote and move to a different product because of this. Not just the complete breaking of a useful feature of your product, but because of Evernote staff's lack of response in addressing our concerns. I have lost faith in the company, in addition to the product. A direct answer from staff, for once, would make a big difference.

Thank you.

This, I feel the same way. 

P.S.
This happen since the new Evernote CEO came over from google. Push for Google products at the expanse of its users and features. Not cool. guys. 

Can we have one Evernote version that doesn't ***** up really basic features? I'm now unable to use dashes because they're automatically transformed into bullet points. WHY? We have a bullet point button. We have a bullet point keyboard shortcut. Who decided this was a good idea?

Evernote is now laggier than ever before, too. It now takes a second to load notes whereas previously it was instantaneous. Are you guys actually trying to make Evernote better, or are you changing things for the sake of changing them, because I can't remember the last time that there was an update that actually offered something new and positive and didn't break a bunch of other basic features, or changed the layout in some obnoxious, unnecessary way. What's even more frustrating is that it takes months and months to address bugs. The last time I posted on these forums was to complain about a bug in the last update, and that was back in August! It didn't get fixed until the most recent update!

If this keeps up, I will stop using Evernote, because it's like playing roulette every update. What key basic functionality will they ***** up this time?

EDIT: Bug #3 - Evernote now no longer displays the word/character/size count of a note until you make changes to it. I swear to God.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, Tamaru said:

I'm now unable to use dashes because they're automatically transformed into bullet points.

Hi.  Not sure about dashes,  but auto-formatting text has been around for a while - see Evernote > Tools > Options > Note (with 'advanced' ticked) to switch that off.  I'm using 6.11 on Windows 10 and my dashes seem to work OK...

format text options.jpg

1 minute ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Not sure about dashes,  but auto-formatting text has been around for a while - see Evernote > Tools > Options > Note (with 'advanced' ticked) to switch that off.  I'm using 6.11 on Windows 10 and my dashes seem to work OK...

format text options.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately there's no option in that menu for dashes... I'm using version 6.11.2.7027, I don't understand why my dashes are screwed up and yours aren't? My dashes were working fine up until the last major update...

https://i.imgur.com/9COaN3W.gifv

14 minutes ago, Tamaru said:

If this keeps up, I will stop using Evernote, because it's like playing roulette every update

I was much the same way for the longest time. I was still using 6.33 when the 6.9 was released and even moved everything over to OneNote for a short spell (very short as it turned out) when I got too frustrated with EN. Still, the roulette game with EN releases is nowhere near as dangerous as the Russian style played with OneNote where maybe your notes are synced, and maybe they are not. It depends on the time of day or the phase of the moon or something. I needed a reliable sync more than I needed some of the other bells and whistles so I moved everything back to EN and renewed my premium for another year. The betas are flaky and the GA releases are only a little better but hey, it's a free country and there's nothing and nobody forcing you to install anything.

Personally, I think things have gone downhill since Google took over but that's just one opinion. EN is still the only real choice for serious note keeping and as long as you don't put anything there that you don't want Google poking through, it is still a lot safer than OneNote for note integrity.

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, Tamaru said:

Unfortunately there's no option in that menu for dashes...

That's my setting though - is 'automatically format' ticked at all?

When you type dashes,  is this in the main line of a sentence - like this - or as

- semi bullet points

- as you list out stuff?

And are you in the main app note window,  or a separate window?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Tamaru said:

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately there's no option in that menu for dashes... I'm using version 6.11.2.7027, I don't understand why my dashes are screwed up and yours aren't? My dashes were working fine up until the last major update...

https://i.imgur.com/9COaN3W.gifv

What's happening is "Start a numbered list with "1. " or a bulleted list with "* " is an inaccurate description of the function as using "- " will also start a bulleted list.

Unchecking this option stops the creation of bulleted list with "- " (and of course stops the option's described functionality as well).

So EN should remove dashes from the script used to convert asterisks and dashes into bulleted lists. Or they should change the description of the function to accurately describe what it does.

Personally, I'd prefer removing dashes from this functionality since we already have it with asterisks. Having automated bulleted lists with "* " as well as having the ability to use "- " for situations where you don't want a bulleted list provides more freedom than locking both characters into bulleted list functionality.

5 hours ago, tavor said:

What's happening is "Start a numbered list with "1. " or a bulleted list with "* " is an inaccurate description of the function as using "- " will also start a bulleted list.

Unchecking this option stops the creation of bulleted list with "- " (and of course stops the option's described functionality as well).

So EN should remove dashes from the script used to convert asterisks and dashes into bulleted lists. Or they should change the description of the function to accurately describe what it does.

Personally, I'd prefer removing dashes from this functionality since we already have it with asterisks. Having automated bulleted lists with "* " as well as having the ability to use "- " for situations where you don't want a bulleted list provides more freedom than locking both characters into bulleted list functionality.

Thanks, that worked.

• Level 5*

I tend to use the Ctrl+Shift options (hover over the elements of the note editing toolbar).  C O B and - in particular.  Removes any issues when I want a - or whatever, and easier for me to remember.  FWIW.

• Level 5*

Once the crew is done with Project Emoji, can we get this long standing and oft-complained about issue with the Tag View fixed? There is way WAY too much white space between the columns, and you have to manually tweak and drag the bottom scroll bar to even see some of the columns.

I humbly request this be done before Project Animated Emoji or Project Sprinkles kicks off.

2018-04-08_6-53-09.thumb.png.ff47bba740f4864dee85320d3eedd1ee.png

2018-04-08_6-55-16.thumb.png.4088273e70dc4c9d309be030a6c3c8ed.png

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, EdH said:

I humbly request this be done before Project Animated Emoji or Project Sprinkles kicks off.

Hey Ed, how did you find out about Project Sprinkles - I thought everything that the devs at Evernote was supposed to be shrouded in a fog thicker than the infamous London Pea-souper fogs of a few years ago? However, I fully support the focus on projects that actually mean something to the majority of EN users!

• Level 5*
On 4/3/2018 at 2:58 AM, Krunoslav said:

I don't remember many people asking for emojis, compared to fixing bugs, stability improvements,  security improvements, more devices we can use, and more notes and notebooks we can create.

I cannot even come up with a use case for emojis in my notes. Am I supposed to giggle at my notes later?

”Oh man, that tax notice from the IRS I scanned in last year... good times... and glad I put the big smile emoji with it. :D

”hey, here is my electric bill. Need to fancy it up with some lightning and dollar sign emoji!”

But what do I know? The market for a sophisticated product like Evernote to the pre-teen market could be way bigger than I imagine  . 

Oh, I have a need for a bug emoji  ? I could use that to flag notes I have documented bugs for. If I can replace my “bug” tag with a bug emoji then. I. Am. All. In.

• Level 5*
40 minutes ago, EdH said:

I cannot even come up with a use case for emojis in my notes. Am I supposed to giggle at my notes later?

”Oh man, that tax notice from the IRS I scanned in last year... good times... and glad I put the big smile emoji with it. :D

”hey, here is my electric bill. Need to fancy it up with some lightning and dollar sign emoji!”

But what do I know? The market for a sophisticated product like Evernote to the pre-teen market could be way bigger than I imagine  . 

Oh, I have a need for a bug emoji  ? I could use that to flag notes I have documented bugs for. If I can replace my “bug” tag with a bug emoji then. I. Am. All. In.

This might be the first time I've ever needed emojis in connection with Evernote:

:lol::lol::lol:

Like everyone else here, I am puzzled by the priority placed on emoji development in EN when there are so many outstanding bugs and frequently requested features. What's next, Snapchat-like filters for our notes?

Apart from Ed's bug emoji, I'm curious to hear about practical uses for emojis. Maybe EN employees can chime in, as I assume there were internal discussions as to why emojis were an important feature to roll out and how users would take advantage of this feature?

7 hours ago, tavor said:

Like everyone else here, I am puzzled by the priority placed on emoji development

I'd be surprised if any priority was ever attached to emoji inclusion. It's more likely that this, essentially only for fun, feature was something somebody did in their spare time and it just got thrown into the pot.

Spare time? What? They have spare time? Shame on EN! These developers are obviously not being responsible developers if they have spare time. And the overseer with the whip should be fired for allowing "spare time."

It would be nice if all the bug fixes were in there as well, along with every feature everybody has ever asked for, but from many years developing software I know that bugs are a bi*ch to track down in even the simplest piece of software. and every new feature is going to break something else. An application used by many millions in a million different configurations must be next to impossible to sort out unless it's something very basic and easily reproduced.

8 hours ago, EdH said:

I'd be interested to know how their inclusion got to the top of the list of priorities too.

In any case there's no 'Insert' option with a list of available emojis that I can find, and nothing in the Help system either. So it's doubly pointless - they're not particularly useful and there's no obvious way of inputting them anyway.

I'm baffled (as usual) but I was about to edit my previous post and replace every possible word with an emoji. Surprise, surprise, the version I'm using (6.11.2.7027) doesn't even have these things. I can see them on the forum editor toolbar just above where I'm currently typing, but in EN itself, there's no sign of any similar tool on the toolbar.

Toolbar.JPG.cf10fee8d4d603e180669e59492da59f.JPG

I never noticed that before. I guess that shows how important they are to me.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, tavor said:

Apart from Ed's bug emoji, I'm curious to hear about practical uses for emojis.

<Sheepishly admits> I've used a phone emoji on the front of my phone log notes for some time.  It makes them easier to find in the note list.  I was able to add the emoji by copy/paste to my phone call template.  It has always been black/white versus color, for whatever reason.  Don't think I need a built in capability within EN though...  :blush:

ScreenClip.png.911c430a30314955a69bb04fe7b9181a.png

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, tavor said:

I'm curious to hear about practical uses for emojis.

I'm not a big emoji user.  The only one I use on regular basis in notes is ? to flag something I need to follow up on.

In the tag list, I use an emoji to distinguish top level entries.5acb86fcce451_ScreenShot2018-04-09at08_29_17.png.5d02984547b498ef6974b699683d5b9b.png
It's useful when hierarchy isn't displayed

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, OrbWeaver said:

I'd be surprised if any priority was ever attached to emoji inclusion. It's more likely that this, essentially only for fun, feature was something somebody did in their spare time and it just got thrown into the pot.

It doesn't matter if they had an intern do it entirely for free. Nothing in software is free. There is bloat, performance considerations, compatibility issues with a myriad of systems, the need (I use that term lightly) to integrate this into the macOS, iOS, web, and Android platforms consistently, and unintended side effects, as well as having to ensure this too doesn't break when the next feature is added, or there is a redesign to the database, or a resdesign to the note interface, etc.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DTLow said:

I'm not a big emoji user.  The only one I use on regular basis in notes is ? to flag something I need to follow up on.

In the tag list, I use an emoji to distinguish top level entries.5acb86fcce451_ScreenShot2018-04-09at08_29_17.png.5d02984547b498ef6974b699683d5b9b.png
It's useful when hierarchy isn't displayed

I don't recall in David Allen's "Getting Things Done" ever seeing a use case for emoji. I do recall him talking about getting a system that works consistently for you.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, EdH said:

I don't recall in David Allen's "Getting Things Done" ever seeing a use case for emoji. I do recall him talking about getting a system that works consistently for you.

In Michael Hyatt's post on Note Taking, he recommends the use of symbols. https://michaelhyatt.com/recovering-the-lost-art-of-note-taking/

For GTD, I make use tag:!Actionable and due date; stored using the Reminders feature
Also not mentioned by David Allen  :)

I have an issue that drives me crazy: I have a bullet list which has the font size 11. But every new bullet point (pushing enter after finishing one point), the font size changes to 10!

I tried to mark everything and chose font size 11 but for some weird reason, the first character of the new list item seems to have font size 10. "Sometimes" it shows font size 10 after pushing enter and when typing it changes to font size 11. But for the next bullet point it goes back to 10...

Does anybody else see this?

EDIT: each bullet point added via iPhone app is also font size 10, which is really annoying.

• Level 5*
On 4/4/2018 at 6:42 PM, Nick Nassiri said:

with no input lag

Me this morning trying to edit a note that has 200-300 words and 2 images when I am "typing"

tenor.gif.1d39b916922f26316a4a0b20869f5169.gif

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, AndreasM said:

I am not upgrading any Evernote product, be it Windows client, Web clipper or Android client. Reason is simple:

Each upgrade creates more issues than previous one, there are no improvements here, it is regression, stress and frustration.

Evernote's focus is totally wrong, they should begin with bug fixing.

How do you decide which one to stop on though? It is like I'm desperately sick, and each medicine I take has horrible side effects, but I keep trying new ones to remove those side effects while being smacked with new ones.

(I know, for anyone truly sick, this doesn't approach a valid comparison, but it is how I feel sometimes.)

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, EdH said:

@AndreasM >> Evernote's focus is totally wrong, they should begin with bug fixing.

...It is like I'm desperately sick, and each medicine I take has horrible side effects, but I keep trying new ones to remove those side effects while being smacked with new ones.

Perhaps the doctor's focus is totally wrong, they should begin with side effect fixing. ;)

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, AndreasM said:

I am not upgrading any Evernote product, be it Windows client, Web clipper or Android client. Reason is simple:

Each upgrade creates more issues than previous one, there are no improvements here, it is regression, stress and frustration.

This is why Evernote now has emojis. Liberally sprinkle your notes with smiley emojis and watch your stress and frustration melt away!

On 2018-04-03 at 12:22 AM, Chantal Leonard said:

Being generous, I'm assuming this feature was enabled by some necessary underlying architectural changes...  but I'm still surprised this came before other highly requested and useful features, such as colour highlights, which take comparable development effort and also a quick co-op student/intern development project.

On 2018-04-04 at 1:06 PM, CalS said:

It would have been even more seamless with the old PDF viewer functions.  ;)  Sorry, can't help myself.

I'm still on 6.7.5, before the PDF viewer changed if I remember correctly, can we see full page previews of the PDF and easily jump page to page with page selector at the top of the PDF? 

image.png.d4ec3bffed6a60a8aa74f45287d1d822.png

[ie, I need the ability to easily review PDFs as I've based my note system around embedded PDFs, and if this feature is still gone I'm not sure the other features are enticing yet.]

8 hours ago, tavor said:

This is why Evernote now has emojis. Liberally sprinkle your notes with smiley emojis and watch your stress and frustration melt away!

Good idea -- maybe I should be spinning coloured highlights as rainbows, and it'll come in the next release :)

[edit: replace :-D with :), I have to get with the program]

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, CraigZ said:

[ie, I need the ability to easily review PDFs as I've based my note system around embedded PDFs, and if this feature is still gone I'm not sure the other features are enticing yet.]

Yeah, the new Chrome PDF viewer does not stack up to the the previous version.  Going to do my own analysis soon as to whether there are any benefits of merit from 6.7, or 6.5 for that matter, to 6.11 and should I revert.  Though, I must say for me 6.11 is peppier than previous versions, though its been over six months since 6.7 for me so not real sure....  I still run 6.7 on a much older backup laptop.

EDIT:  Just did a quick scan of the releases and best I can tell from 6.8 through 6.11

1. there have been a bunch of fixes (none of which were issues I had),
  2. some improvements (some of which would have been better expressed as fixes),
  3. the big green add note button,
  4. something about sharing (not in my use case),
  5. a somewhat ugly side bar compression, my view anyway,
  6. emojis,
  7. and the aforementioned not so much PDF viewer . 

Fixes are good for sure, but of little import if you are note impacted by the issue, and the rest, meh.  I think I will wait and see what the 7.0 beta has in it and then decide to go forward if there are some enhancements of merit, or drop back to a more productive version.  EN is still an integral part of how I do what I do, I just don't like going backwards with productivity.  Hoping some good stuff  in 7.

So, has anyone figured out a cure to this emoji cancer? I'm really not ok with forced emojis for a few different reasons. I'm using Evernote to collaborate on text, before moving it to another platform. Now the smileys disappear because the emojis are forced (I can't find an option to disable them). They also look quite distracting in the text... and... why force this? I'm considering finding an alternative to Evernote now.

• Ex Employees

RE: emoji's, Ctrl-Z will undo the emoji and return it to text. We've relayed the request to the developers to make it an option to turn the feature off entirely. Thank you all for the feedback.

It doesn't seem anyone has mentioned this bug yet: the editing toolbar disappears at random times, in connection with certain notes,  I cannot predict which notes will show this problem, but when I notice, the problem is consistent with the given note.  Making the editing toolbar reappear for the given note fixes the problem for that note, but doesn't seem to prevent the problem from reappearing on another note (to make the toolbar reappear, I have to unselect and reselect the view editing toolbar setting, yes, it is checked when the toolbar disappears with certain notes)

I cannot yet see a pattern, except that the notes that show this behavior seem to be usually full of links to other notes, if that means anything to the programmers.

On 4/3/2018 at 12:22 AM, Chantal Leonard said:

I am willing to try the emojis out in my notes (I used to use icons in some other programs in the past), but I cannot find the help file for exactly which emojis are supported, and how to produce them in Evernote for Windows. 

I am of course interested in the ones that could relate to my work and activities.

On 4/3/2018 at 10:33 AM, CalS said:
  1. The note render lag is minuscule, not quite back to 6.7, but noticeable no longer.

Initially, I would have agreed on the lag.  However, every day the app seems slower, I'm getting tons of "Not Responding" again, and the lag is back--sometimes even longer (10s of seconds) than before.  Today it crashed altogether.  I don't know what is going on but this version is beginning to look problematic to me.

Bug(?) Report:  Usability is utterly awful when you have a spotty internet connection.  Is there some way that behind the scenes Evernote can register for performance before it tries to do sync or anything like that?  I've got sync timing delayed to 30 minutes and instant sync off and it crashes and shuts down far too much.  A good internet connection and it runs much better, but without a decent connection it's utter garbage for me at the moment - mind you I'm trying to get it to use an internet connection (create a shareable link out of a note) - that said, I should still have some 'stability' I'd think.

Please do something better than crashing when bad internet is encountered.  I've been about 20 minutes now being totally unproductive with evernote crashing and needing either reboots or killing it via task manager to bring it back up. 

32 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Fw: consortium selected as preferred proponent for the

The joys of Evernote with a spotty internet connection.  Feel free to delete your post with my note link being referenced.  It's not confidential, but clearly not the right note.. if my internet improves to where Evernote will generate the proper shared link I'll post again the proper link.

Finally... 30 minutes later.  Sigh.

http://www.evernote.com/l/AJBYsTxwXkBMkoC5tATFsqcZbFrw9htH2d4/

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, ej8899 said:

The joys of Evernote with a spotty internet connection.  Feel free to delete the post with my note link.. if my internet improves to where Evernote will generate the proper shared link I'll post again the proper link.

Sympathies and understood - I can't delete it,  but if you look at the bottom left of your post you should see a green 'options' dropdown which will let you do that...

On 4/3/2018 at 7:34 AM, gazumped said:

Emojis I could care less about...  Was briefly excited because I though I could flag note or notebook titles with emojis for emphasis.  But you can't ;)  Note text only...

I just discovered that even though the emoji doesn't show on the title itself, it does show on all the note list views! (except thumbnail, how ironic).   It also shows with "copy internal link". 

Plus I was not aware viewing emojis (not creating) was fully supported in Android and iOS devices, even in titles.

Now that does seem useful to me. 

On 4/12/2018 at 8:32 PM, ej8899 said:

I am guessing this might have been meant for me since I asked for this, if so, thanks.  Preliminary testing suggests it is not a complete list, since Evernote recognizes the simplest emojis not enclosed in :emoji: , which are not listed, still it is useful as a start.

Edit:  I have discovered that some of them in that list don't work at all:

:bowtie: 

:couplekiss:

:feelsgood:

:finnadie:

:godmode:

:hurtrealbad:

:rage2:

:rage3:

:suspect:

:trollface:

:goberserk:

:rage1:

:rage4:

:octocat:

:squirrel:

Chantal Leonard

After upgrading to 6.11.2.7027 there is no annotate icon appers while hover over image in the note. I beleive this occres because of zoom image feature which is introduced in 6.11.2.7027.
Out team is heavy annotation users. Is there any way to disable zoom feature and bring back annotate icon which shold appear on hover mouce over the image?

• Level 5*

Some emails I send to EN appear with extra blank lines in them between paragraphs.  If I select simplify formatting all the blank lines are removed, no space between paragraphs.  If I select remove formatting a single line is left between paragraphs.  This seems backwards to me.  Am I missing something???

• Ex Employees
On 4/6/2018 at 6:40 AM, chirmer said:

Hi Nick,

Thank you.

We made a choice to use the integrated PDF viewer that comes with Chromium.

Unfortunately, we lost drag-and-drop support during the last major Chromium upgrade.
Fixes for drag-and-drop have begun showing up in the last couple of GA builds!

Drag-out of PDFs is still in our backlog. I agree that it's annoying. I want it fixed too!

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Don Dz said:

Interesting, Emojis work both as tag names and as notebook names in Evernote for Windows, Android, and iOS.  Though editing could be a problem I guess.

Also works on Macs.  Warning; I use html export in my backups, and note titles become folder/file names.  You might want to verify this is valid in Windows; it causes problems in the Mac/Unix file system.

• Level 5*
On 4/13/2018 at 8:56 PM, Nick Nassiri said:

We made a choice to use the integrated PDF viewer that comes with Chromium.

Unfortunately, we lost drag-and-drop support during the last major Chromium upgrade.
Fixes for drag-and-drop have begun showing up in the last couple of GA builds!

Drag-out of PDFs is still in our backlog. I agree that it's annoying. I want it fixed too!

I get that. However, the feature was broken on day 1. The first day the Chromium PDF viewer rolled out in Evernote it couldn’t drag and drop. That was what, in November? Earlier? I know I’ve been posting about it since November.

Why was the decision made to swap to it without having the, at the time, current PDF viewer’s feature set? We went from a competent and useful PDF viewer (Evernote’s native one) to one with a fraction of the features (Chromium). I cannot figure out why you guys didn’t wait to make the switch until you had those features built into the new Chromium-based viewer. What makes the Chromium PDF viewer worth this ridiculous cost for your users? Why was this switch so important? What was wrong with the old PDF viewer?

And at this point it’s been 4+ months with no fix. I don’t have hope it will ever be fixed - the pessimist in me thinks EN staff are just riding out the complaints until us users forget we could ever even do this at all. 

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, chirmer said:

Why was the decision made to swap to it without having the, at the time, current PDF viewer’s feature set?

Another example of making a change no one requested that is buggy and/or feature incomplete instead of working on issues that users are complaining about. Tons of bugs just carry forward, or issues like inability to hide/remove the massive NEW NOTE button, or lack of a Format Painter icon in the note toolbar.

• Level 5*
32 minutes ago, chirmer said:

Why was the decision made to swap to it without having the, at the time, current PDF viewer’s feature set?

My WAG is that there was a financial reason behind this.  License fees, support costs, something ... otherwise it truly makes no sense at all, at least to me.

20 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

My WAG is that there was a financial reason behind this.  License fees, support costs, something ... otherwise it truly makes no sense at all, at least to me.

Cost and license fees should be taken care of by boost in subscription prices for which we got only more bugs. Perhaps you remember when that happen. We were promised features, but we didn't get any noteworthy features, and I'm not counting the now resident joke - emoji. 

Coincidental or not, this also happened to be time when the new CEO showed up who was former Google guy. This also included the ability to log in evernote with both evernote account and google account. Which I found supicious considering that Google is not know for privacy and Evernote was considered a place to store sensitive private information away from likes of Google and Facebook etc.

Anyway, at the same time or about that time, if I remember correctly, maybe someone can correct me. but seem to be that we also started using buggy chrome editor. I smell google again. So if I had to guess, and I have no proof of this, just educated guess, its Google guy making way for Google. I said back than, Evernote will end up being bought by google eventually and the way things are been going downhill, I would not be surprise if that happens in the near future. Because I haven no idea how Evernote is making money or intents to keep its customers by being this sloppy with their product. Somebody will buy them. And google seems like prime candidate, they already have the insider. 

All that aside, Evernote has been making some really strange choices about main editor, UI design, and features for a while now. One thing that seems to be consistent with Evernote even before new CEO was lack of interaction with its users and listening to feedback. At least in the past, bugs were minimal, but since Evernote 6.5. 4 it was a disaster. I don't think I need to go down the timeline of all the bugs and bizarre choices on this forum. We are all way to familiar with it. 

• Level 5*
37 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

I am sure it was in the agreement between Evernote and Google when Evernote moved all data to the Google servers. I am sure they saved money vs licensing the Foxit PDF technology which is what they used to use.

58 minutes ago, EdH said:

Another example of making a change no one requested that is buggy and/or feature incomplete instead of working on issues that users are complaining about. Tons of bugs just carry forward, or issues like inability to hide/remove the massive NEW NOTE button, or lack of a Format Painter icon in the note toolbar.

Yes. Features wise, I have no idea why someone thought that emoji is more important to users than format painter, or some kind of font style feature. Something requested for ages, while emoji if requested I didn't remember reading about it. 

• Level 5*

Could it be a parade of product managers wanting to make a mark?  Cost?  Spaces?  Incompetence?  The alignment of the planets?  Extraterrestrial interference?  Needing to feed the tech news cycle?  Who knows, but I wish they'd stop and re-read the purpose/mission statement.  Maybe that changed?  ;)

• Level 5*
46 minutes ago, Krunoslav said:

Cost and license fees should be taken care of by boost in subscription prices for which we got only more bugs.

No argument from me.  I wasn't implying that it was the right move to make, only suggesting a plausible reason behind the change.

2 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

No argument from me.  I wasn't implying that it was the right move to make, only suggesting a plausible reason behind the change.

Fair enough. :)

P.S.
Aimed at who ever is reading this from Evernote.... I don't know if what I said is the reason or not, but I do now that if price is what we pay and value is what we get, I'm still waiting on the value for price increase which happened around that time. I would reasonable to expect that whatever the reason for problems was, the extra price we pay for subscriptions should cover it. 

1 hour ago, s2sailor said:

I think it has to do with platform independence, write once, run everywhere...

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, eric99 said:

Maybe, but I really hope not.  Designing one tool that works on all is just designing to the lower common denominator.  I think there should be a desktop version and a mobile version that have different abilities and UI where it makes sense.  Share code where possible, sure, but don't force them all to have the same limitations ... IMO.

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, eric99 said:

Nope. No way that will run on iOS, and I don't think it is being used on macOS either.

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, eric99 said:

that is still using the safari rendering engine. Just like Edge. Apple won't let another browser rendering engine on iOS. The Chrome and Edge browsers on iOS are just wrappers that let users use familiar features, sync bookmarks from desktop versions of Chrome/Edge, etc. It is still Safari.

• Level 5*
54 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Maybe, but I really hope not.  Designing one tool that works on all is just designing to the lower common denominator.  I think there should be a desktop version and a mobile version that have different abilities and UI where it makes sense.  Share code where possible, sure, but don't force them all to have the same limitations ... IMO.

Yeah, use the best tools available to make as seamless a cross platform experience as possible.  But pick a function set and whatever is cross platform let it be the same look and feel.  Have the programmers do the heavy lifting.  More maintenance for sure, but at least whatever the core functions are they perform uniformly.  FWIW.

On 4/4/2018 at 8:42 PM, Nick Nassiri said:

Our client should perform more reliably, with no input lag, and with an improved UI -- in that order. We want this too!

I am continuing to experience unacceptable lag in 6.11.2.7027. When I open a note, it sometimes takes 10-15 seconds to load. Notes sometimes go completely black, then come back empty, then eventually load again. When I type, I often experience a delay of 5-10 seconds before any text shows up.

This could be a complete coincidence, but I've been experiencing very similar problems in Slack, which is also based on Chromium. The lag and black-screen symptoms in the two applications started at roughly the same time. Could it be that Evernote and Slack suffering from a problem the root of which lies in Chromium?

I've started to migrate my most-used notes off of Evernote. I can no longer afford to waste hours each month working around the shortcomings of my productivity tool and reporting bugs that should have been caught by regression tests and fixed prior to GA.

19 minutes ago, hij said:

I am continuing to experience unacceptable lag in 6.11.2.7027. When I open a note, it sometimes takes 10-15 seconds to load. Notes sometimes go completely black, then come back empty, then eventually load again. When I type, I often experience a delay of 5-10 seconds before any text shows up.

This could be a complete coincidence, but I've been experiencing very similar problems in Slack, which is also based on Chromium. The lag and black-screen symptoms in the two applications started at roughly the same time. Could it be that Evernote and Slack suffering from a problem the root of which lies in Chromium?

I've started to migrate my most-used notes off of Evernote. I can no longer afford to waste hours each month working around the shortcomings of my productivity tool and reporting bugs that should have been caught by regression tests and fixed prior to GA.

There is a thread about this terrible problem. With a complicated solution. Which is more or less working.

46 minutes ago, fredhammersmith said:

There is a thread about this terrible problem. With a complicated solution. Which is more or less working.

Thanks @fredhammersmith! I'm trying it out now. I set up SlickRun commands to block and unblock Evernote, rather than using the timer to automatically unblock it. So far, Evernote is snappy again.  (The short explanation is that blocking Evernote via a Windows Firewall rule prevents the freezes. When you want to sink, you can unblock Evernote.)

UPDATE: Even with Evernote's network access blocked, I'm still seeing significant lag when opening a note, when first starting to edit it, and when Alt-Tabbing back to it to resume editing.

Call me a cynic but ...

Chromium was designed with two things as priorities. One, it had to make it easy to pump out advertising. Two, it had to make it easy to harvest whatever the user is doing. Anything else is strictly bells and whistles. Google's sole purpose in this world is to make money by pumping out personalized advertising. Of course the browser will be given away. It's a major source of data for Google's advertising machine. Rendering speed is top priority only for advertisements, all other rendering gets done when it gets done. Drag-and-drop PDF doesn't contribute to the data harvest (especially if the PDF is encrypted) so it's not a priority. Ever wonder why notes can't be fully encrypted?

So we have all our data on the data-gobbler's servers, we render all our notes (secret and public) using the data-gobbler's browser, and we wonder why storing that top secret cake recipe ingredient list has suddenly caused a flurry of ads from all kinds of places offering to supply some of those once secret ingredients.

And if the data-gobbler is busy munching your data, my Chromium will slow down and hold my data until yours has been fully digested and appropriate ads picked out for you to see later.

Gotta love those conspiracy theories eh?

On 4/15/2018 at 8:53 AM, EdH said:

I am sure it was in the agreement between Evernote and Google when Evernote moved all data to the Google servers. I am sure they saved money vs licensing the Foxit PDF technology which is what they used to use.

The issue (as I understand) is that the Foxit pdf viewer did not play nicely in the CEF3 (asynchronous) framework. In order to stay up-to-date with Chromium bug fixes, we had to update. Our common editor developers also greatly appreciated the upgrade - no more testing on the CEF1 platform. The problem, as you've seen, is it's not something that can be done overnight. There was something like 6-12 months of work before what we got to the point of the initial release - and we're obviously not done.

May I report a bug about unencrypted text blocks? "Show Encrypted TEXT fail when one line over one encrypted text blocks"

When text line have over one encrypted text blocks,It always show the first encrypted text block even I choose second encrypted block. Workaround is let one line only one encrypted text.

Even updated the last version still fail. (ver. 6.11.2.7027)

Please help deal with this issue. Thanks.

ShowEncryptedTextPIC1.png

ShowEncryptedTextPIC2.png

Thanks your help :-)

Archived