Mac Bugs and Suggestions 7.0.3 (456341 Direct) 1.38.3824 (68bd1c0)

• Level 5*

Bugs / Suggestions

(1) Drag and drop

When I select several files to drag and drop into the icon, some go, and some don't. For example, I just selected seven PDFs, dragged, dropped, and it said 4 notes were created. Now I have to go back and figure out what did and didn't make it. If there is a problem, please let us know with a dialogue, and have us try again. 

(2) Flashing

It seems that when I select a note in the center column and edit it, the selection highlight flashes on occasion, perhaps when the app is syncing. Please stop it :)

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, GrumpyMonkey said:

When I select several files to drag and drop into the icon, some go, and some don't.

fwiw  Drag and drop works for me.  I just tested, and got a countdown box5ac1b02cf117e_ScreenShot2018-04-01at21_20_25.png.26332daf6d1d08784e78a8b421cdcba5.png
All notes and files were accounted for.
The import of each file is recorded in the activity log; I'm guessing failures would be noted.

There was a fix for a flashing error in the latest beta https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/112566-evernote-for-mac-71-beta-2/

A fix for an intermittent issue with Note Snippets flashing while typing

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, GrumpyMonkey said:

(3) Note Links

Copying links from one note to another destroys the links in both notes. That's no fun :( Please fix it. 

Sometimes... It happens. And then it doesn't. I don't know why it is intermittent.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, GrumpyMonkey said:

Sometimes... It happens. And then it doesn't. I don't know why it is intermittent.

Something similar is happening in Windows too - paste "domain1.com domain2.com" into a note (without the quotes...<_<) and the space disappears and it's one link to domain2.com.

(https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/112698-copy-paste-deletes-space-between-domain-names/)

• Level 5*
On 2018/4/2 at 1:26 PM, DTLow said:

fwiw  Drag and drop works for me.  I just tested, and got a countdown box5ac1b02cf117e_ScreenShot2018-04-01at21_20_25.png.26332daf6d1d08784e78a8b421cdcba5.png
All notes and files were accounted for.
The import of each file is recorded in the activity log; I'm guessing failures would be noted.

There was a fix for a flashing error in the latest beta https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/112566-evernote-for-mac-71-beta-2/

A fix for an intermittent issue with Note Snippets flashing while typing

Hi. Thanks for reporting. It's not an every time thing, but it is an every day one. Just now I attempted to move 19 PDF files (all together 112MB) into the icon in the dock and only 13 made it. Why? I don't know. Now I have to go through each note and figure out what didn't make it. There's nothing special about the files. They open fine in every other application.

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, GrumpyMonkey said:

(4) Note Links

Just like iOS, the note links don't end when you continue the list. It makes quite a mess of things when everything gets linked. Please fix it. Thanks!

At least on OSX, it looks like it's not actually a link, it's just green and underlined. I guess that's better than being hyperlinked, but I think it makes sense to kill the formatting at the end of a link instead of making stuff that looks like a link but isn't.

Archived