We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×

Android 8 Widget Reminders Not Working

Why is the Evernote Android 8 widget buggy ? 

I was using Evernote on an Android 7 phone to quickly store reminders for tasks, and I used the widget to display the reminders on a separate screen on the phone. When I completed a task I would go to the widget screen and tick the box next to the reminder to close the task out. In business with numerous tasks this was a very useful feature.

Now with an Android 8 phone I can still quickly store reminders and display them on a separate screen. But when it comes to tapping the screen to tick the box next to the reminder the screen freezes and I cannot tick the box. This makes the feature useless. In fact I've stopped using Evernote to store task reminders. I use Google keep which always works.

I've noticed that in the last year (18 months) there has only been a couple of updates for Evernote on Android. Is this the beginning of the end ?