Refund when changing subscription

Recently my account was charged for everyone premium, I had previously tried to change my settings so this wouldn't happen as I no longer need premium but unfortunately it has still been charged. I would like to change to the plus subscription instead and be refunded the excess as I have only just been charged today. Does anyone know if this is possible as their refund policy is kind of vague?

• Level 5*

You should contact Evernote Support at Contact Evernote Support

You didn't identify what steps you took to prevent the automatic renewal of your subscription.
I would use the subscription page in account settings and change my account to Plus or Basic.  It takes effect at the end of your current subscription period.

11 hours ago, DTLow said:

You should contact Evernote Support at Contact Evernote Support

You didn't identify what steps you took to prevent the automatic renewal of your subscription.
I would use the subscription page in account settings and change my account to Plus or Basic.  It takes effect at the end of your current subscription period.

I think I've given up on the idea of changing my subscription and trying to refund the excess because of how difficult the Evernote team is to deal with, instead I just want them to remove my credit card details but I can't find anywhere to do this? I have searched through support and billing info and all I can find is a message saying "cancel auto renewal anytime no questions asked" but nothing pointing to how I even do this?

I'm asking because I don't want to acidentally end my subscription after just being charged for premium...

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, Jakewat said:

instead I just want them to remove my credit card details but I can't find anywhere to do this? I have searched through support and billing info and all I can find is a message saying "cancel auto renewal anytime no questions asked" but nothing pointing to how I even do this?

The example is from the web platform

1. Login and access Account Settings
  2. Select Renew or Manage Subscription
  3. Select Basic Account.  The account won't change until the end of the current subscription period.

5ac034ca00003_ScreenShot2018-03-31at18_15_06.png.71c0b14c358994775006cb118a41e885.png            2  5ac035144e37a_ScreenShot2018-03-31at18_15_38.thumb.png.88d763d04da30bd2680ac63dab81e577.png 

5ac035b984e14_ScreenShot2018-03-31at18_27_48.png.c8ccb9dbe4aebb5f63fc87a926794bc2.png

• 5 months later...

Hi - really struggling trying to get hold of support for the same reason.  Auto renewal.  Whole bunch of money taken from my credit card.  Would really like my money back as I don't wish to continue with the premium service.   Every attempt to click on the support link logs me out.   Can someone please assist. 

• 3 months later...

UPDATE: I was able to cancel auto renewal, but only by canceling my Premium subscription. But since I paid for a year of the latter, I'm good for 12 months.

So I guess Evernote is as confusing as it was before--not more so.

------

I'm having the same problem. Actually, I had the same problem last year. And the previous solution--that I had to ask for--I can't find.

Similar to others, I get logged out automatically when I try to reach support. I can't get DTLow's instructions to work.

I'm using Firefox on a Mac.

• Level 5*
On 9/20/2018 at 10:36 AM, alvincbote said:

Yes. I have the same problem.  I dont want  my existing card to be used to purchase in the future.  There should be an option to remove the auto renewal.  

19 minutes ago, richardlanguage said:

'm having the same problem. Actually, I had the same problem last year. And the previous solution--that I had to ask for--I can't find.

Checking Evernote web for adjusting subscription settings, I see1107051281_ScreenShot2019-01-07at13_51_37.png.4e75a2df8043b0be0ed74154752bc7f3.png

Archived