Only me who thinks this 'new note' button is completely useless and ugly?

I undestand that the ux/ui guys need to make these 'inovations' from time to time, to justify they existence, but at least make this kind of thing optional, I want to remove that useless button, but sadly that is not a option :/

ScreenClip.thumb.png.6bd764f8727748eeab786782fd5fa98d.png

• Level 5*

A lot of people object to it,  and there's even a (voting?) thread somewhere arguing that it should at the most be an optional inclusion.  Sadly I can't find it to give you the link at the moment - you could always start a new thread in the Feedback forums to get rid of the ugly thing.  One of the developers seems to be willing to make the change,  but its a question of getting the manager's buy-in to allocate time for the job...

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, Leandro M said:

Only me who thinks this 'new note' button is completely useless ...

On my devices, the button can be used to create new notes  :)

It would be better if it was optional since users may prefer using an alternate method.
I personally use Command N on my Mac;

Buttons! We don't need no stinking buttons

• Level 5*

Please don't go make a new post for this; the relevant topic is: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/111671-new-new-note-button-looks-terrible/

As far as I can tell, this is not a conspiracy by the UI/UX folks to dream up more work for themselves; it's more to provide a commonality of interface across the various clients, possibly driven by new user experience.

Not that keen on it myself, and would support an option to remove it, but it doesn't bother me all that much, either.

21 minutos atrás, jefito disse:

Please don't go make a new post for this; the relevant topic is: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/111671-new-new-note-button-looks-terrible/

As far as I can tell, this is not a conspiracy by the UI/UX folks to dream up more work for themselves; it's more to provide a commonality of interface across the various clients, possibly driven by new user experience.

Not that keen on it myself, and would support an option to remove it, but it doesn't bother me all that much, either.

thanks for the link, I didn'd search properly, i should posted this there, my bad.

27 minutos atrás, DTLow disse:

On my devices, the button can be used to create new notes  :)

It would be better if it was optional since users may prefer using an alternate method.
I personally use Command N on my Mac; we done't need no stinking buttons

yeah, but its useless because righ above him in the toolbar there is a button dd  the same thing, and he is there for years.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Leandro M said:

yeah, but its useless because righ above him in the toolbar there is a button dd  the same thing, and he is there for years.

But that's a toolbar button, which can be configured away...

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Leandro M said:

in the toolbar there is a button does the same thing

I dropped the toolbar button.  
Having options is nice, but I don't need two buttons doing the same thing, and less clutter works better for me.
Also, I see a benefit in having the same UI across platforms.

• Level 5
4 hours ago, jefito said:

"Commonality of interface"? I don't have such a button on Android, nor is there one on the Web interface. Is there one on Mac or iOS?

4 hours ago, gazumped said:

A lot of people object to it,  and there's even a (voting?) thread somewhere arguing that it should at the most be an optional inclusion.... One of the developers seems to be willing to make the change,  but its a question of getting the manager's buy-in to allocate time for the job...

So the solution is (and I'll bet this applies to a whole lot of the borking in recent releases of the Windows program), fire that manager! :angry:

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

"Commonality of interface"? I don't have such a button on Android, nor is there one on the Web interface. Is there one on Mac or iOS?

Web                       Mac                    IOS           Windows (thanks @CalS)

5abeac8ce768f_ScreenShot2018-03-30at14_28_41.png.2dd0ccede73a02e67716ffe7a0592d5b.png        5abeb6db8cc18_ScreenShot2018-03-30at15_14_05.png.4b5b26459b75ea84131e5373231a503d.png         IMG_2183.jpg.9adf8c4dcb6622dfe68ec6e66d96d40d.jpg        5abeb047354e6_ScreenShot2018-03-30at14_45_56.png.5b26c39ab9fbb1a7b111c741f74e939a.png

• Level 5*

Windows.  One can draw one's own conclusions.

ScreenClip.png.a691d2338dab15c76dc7bddd9aa68644.png

EDIT:  Shortcuts don't show in my left panel since I use them in the Toolbar.  If they are in the left panel shortcuts are below the big green button.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

It's a goal, I believe. Features don't roll out across all clients at the same time; that's almost always been the case for Evernote.

• Level 5*

Android does have a Big Green Button - it's on the main note screen where you add new notes.  Windows,  I gathered,  was just "brought in line" by adding the BGB to the left panel and the aim was for a long-press to give you the note-type options you get in Android.  I have pointed out that on a Windows laptop I n-e-v-e-r expect to 'long press' anything...

• 2 weeks later...

It might be "commonality of interface" in the sense that they all look kind of the same, but different platforms should have different interfaces. I put up with the crappy web interface if it's all I have access to (and because the old web interface no longer seems to work properly).

I would never download a local client which was as bad as the web interface. If Evernote is hell-bent on destroying their Windows client interface just so that it matches their web interface, then I'll find another option for my data. 

• Level 5*
On 3/30/2018 at 5:48 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

So Windows is the last to be blessed by this--Windows, which never needed it in the first place. I suppose I can look forward to it in Android (which I do keep updating, and where it might conceivably be useful).

Actually, on Android, the green circle with the light '+' is in the lower right-hand corner of the screen, at least on my Android client.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, complectrum said:

It might be "commonality of interface" in the sense that they all look kind of the same, but different platforms should have different interfaces

Commonality here doesn't mean "slavishishly identical" (and "commonality" was my word, so don't take it as a quote from Evernote; if I can find the actual quote, I'll post it). In this case, I'm guessing that it's for a common icon that means "add a new note".

2 hours ago, complectrum said:

I would never download a local client which was as bad as the web interface. If Evernote is hell-bent on destroying their Windows client interface just so that it matches their web interface, then I'll find another option for my data. 

Two points. One, there will be a new web client, at least that's what Evernote has said; not sure how soon though. It's to do with the new Spaces feature that's made its debut in the Business edition. Two, the Windows interface is just fine, aside from the '+' icon, it's still miles better than the web interface is currently. We'll see what happens with the new web client, though...

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, complectrum said:

Good luck with finding a 'better' alternative than Evernote. There are things I dislike about EN - one is the size of the new note button. Another is the absence of support for touch-screens (in particular, I would like the ability to add a button to assign tags to my notes - it is painful to have to click on note/tag every time I want to add tags). I have looked extensively at OneNote, but its support for tags is pitiful in comparison. If you have multiple tags on notes, good luck with getting them to import into OneNote easily!

• Level 5
10 hours ago, jefito said:

Actually, on Android, the green circle with the light '+' is in the lower right-hand corner of the screen, at least on my Android client.

Yes, but not while you're viewing a note, as it is in the Windows interface.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Yes, but not while you're viewing a note, as it is in the Windows interface.

UX is different, probably due to generally smaller screen space: if you're viewing / editing a note, then that essentially takes up the whole screen, and you need to use the back arrow or save button to exit out of the note, whereas in the Windows and web interface, the left panel where the '+' lives is always visible (even if in the Windows version, it's not expanded). Again, I never said that the UX was meant to be identical, but the '+' is there in the Android client, and it's pretty prominent.

Archived