Clipper no longer allows to search for a notebook?

natv

I noticed today when clipping something that I am no longer able to search for a notebook.  I have to now scroll through my entire notebooks like.  Why was this feature removed?

Good call, I just revised my Google Chrome Web Store rating for the plug-in to 1 star with an explanation of why. Hopefully that gets someones attention.

• Level 5*
On 3/29/2018 at 11:31 AM, natv said:

I noticed today when clipping something that I am no longer able to search for a notebook.  I have to now scroll through my entire notebooks like.  Why was this feature removed?

May be related to this: 

I am also facing the same issue...can you please get that feature back. Take for example - if you has 250 notebooks (the limit evernote has kept for number of notebooks), then he has to scroll in such a long list. Please bring the feature back.

The WebClipper team is being run by a jack-ass. They have removed critical features that numerous users have relied on FOR YEARS. I am going to have to leave Evernote if the WebClipper team does not restore these features.

What's EVEN WORSE is that the list of notebooks is not in alphabetical order. The WebClipper product manager is an OBVIOUS LUNATIC that is causing ethical harm to users through this insanity. 

More infuriating backwards steps that make me reconsider my subscription. Why put them in date order instead of alphabetical order too? How can a change like this get through your testing / QA process?

In no way can removing the search feature be considered positive.

Also noting this as a problem. The last update to the Chrome extension/clipper was problematic. Why would Evernote decrease functionality? I can no longer search for notebooks and instead am forced to scroll through a very long list. We've also lost the ability to add remarks. What? Why were these things considered an update? They move the product backward. Additionally, the clipper demonstrated a failure to even connect to the Evernote servers yesterday for a number of hours. On top of that, trying to change a note's folder produces a very long wait within the Mac app; it seems something is up with how Evernote is now handling folders, which is the primary way I organize it. I've attached a screenshot of the problem with the clipper to explain that aspect of the number of problems identified here. Changes like these to actually useful features — while leaving extraneous bloat features like a chat room — showing up are causing me to consider finally switching to Bear Writer.

clipper.png.9e35d5c0ddbb72a8637e88a037296fe4.png

On 4/7/2018 at 10:29 AM, ybakos said:

The WebClipper team is being run by a jack-ass. They have removed critical features that numerous users have relied on FOR YEARS. I am going to have to leave Evernote if the WebClipper team does not restore these features.

Start suggesting alternatives to Evernote WebClipper please (deleting the search notebooks was a stupid move on their part; I'm ready to leave Evernote)

• Level 5*
On 4/11/2018 at 3:00 PM, tumo said:

I can no longer search for notebooks and instead am forced to scroll through a very long list. We've also lost the ability to add remarks.

Fixed in the new 7.1 release, though the notebook search is case sensitive, don't know if it was before.

• 3 weeks later...

The clipper is definitely still bugged. Notebook search is present but it is curiously case sensitive. The order that notebooks and stacks are listed is odd. It used to be that numbers were sorted before letters but now numbers are sorted after letters. I have some notebooks and stacks ordered manually using numerical prefixes so they show up first in the notebook / stack list, which they do in the application, but in the clipper, the number-prefixed notebooks / stacks show up at the bottom of the list. So not only has the order changed, it is different from how the order is in the application. Needs to be fixed!

I am on Version: 7.1.0.318-ce89aa98 , still unable to search notebook at least the way I would expect.

I typed the 3rd and 4th character of the notebook , it shows up.. but if I type the 1st and 2nd , it does not show up.

chrome_2018-05-10_00-32-16.png

chrome_2018-05-10_00-32-26.png

Archived