All print functions have failed

Ctl-P and Shft-Ctl-P keyboard stroke not functioning.

Selecting from the file menu print not functioning.

Print preview displays Save-as dialog.

Windows 10 desktop running Evernote app.

Evernote Version: 6.10.3.6921 (306921) Public (CE Build ce-1.39.4387)

Any help is welcomed.

• Level 5*

Hi.  Have you tried a restart?  Up until yesterday I ran the same versions and my print options worked fine (subect to the usual layout limitations).  Now on to the next beta 6.11.1 - print is still fine (etc).

I am setting up a new computer and ran into the same problem as Skezee. I could print with from the menu, but not ctl-P or shift ctl-P and even from the menu Preview takes you to file save as. I did reboot and restart with same results, will try again later today. I really have to have preview. I print a lot of notes with images and what you see on the screen is no where near what you see on the printer. 

Later: Checked again, reboot of Windows and restart of Evernote and its still the same, or another variation, Preview opens dialog for "Which application would you like to use for this action?" I have also got the "File Save as".

Similar issues.

Print function and preview from Print menu not working after 1st use.  Print to save as pdf working and is my temporary workaround as I can print the pdf copy, outside of Eve.   

A. File > Print > not working.  symptom:  normal printer option menu disappeared.

B. File > Print to Pdf is working

This has been going on for about a week or so under 6.10.3 install, Pub, on Win 10 Mar 17 and also now under 6.11.2 build installed today Apr 3 thinking programmers found and corrected and so I did the install update.  

A restart will correct temporarily and will be able to do print to default printer 1st time.  2nd time though, menu won't appear allowing to print to default printer.  Workaround  is the B "print to pdf"...print from adobe reader. 

Will await next update and hope someone is reading and addressing this.  thanks in advance for any insight or5ac3e1ec52c4f_Eveprintnotworking2018-04-03.jpg.2443f05b4699d5d2d9fde629ed47c7f8.jpg solutions.

I solved the problem in my own way, discovered that I still had a copy of 6.5 and replaced 6.10 with that. Yay!  Evernote breaks things that should not have been touched each release and never fixes them. Anyone know of list of things fixed in each release? 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, dvgibson10 said:

Anyone know of list of things fixed in each release? 

The release threads for each version have some information,  but as we've found recently - you get one thing listed as fixed and two others wind up broke...  :huh:

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

The release threads for each version have some information,  but as we've found recently - you get one thing listed as fixed and two others wind up broke...  :huh:

I wonder whether there's a typo in the script... it's supposed to be two steps forward and one step back... :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously Evernote... what's the fix for this? I'm using 6.11.2.7027 (307027). I just printed a note, switched to a different note, and no print capability. As mentioned by another user previously, I can print to PDF no problem, but standard print does absolutely nothing. I'm having to print to PDF, just so I can then open the PDF with my PDF reader to print it. This is unusable.

Same problems for me.  The Print to PDF doesn't work either.  Sometimes it does nothing; sometimes it produces a corrupted PDF file.

I just downgraded to 6.5.4.4720 and everything seems fine now.  I will upgrade with caution from now on....

• 2 months later...

It is now the end of June & I just upgraded to the 6.11. I have lost the print function as described in this thread. What I DON'T see is a fix for this problem 2 months later! My premium subscription just auto renewed.... 

Besides downgrading and workarounds has there been a fix issued? 

Slightly encouraging 6.13 citation.  See attachment.  Don't have time or patience to play with new update.

Can empathize with frustrations.  Have two premium subscriptions; one to co manage elderly parent estate/care.   your post was timely.  Heading back for out of state "working" visit and had to print a few key notes to share with parent who finds even simple email use a milestone..smile.      and yes, still using workaround via pdf save than print.  urgh.  

thanks in advance to any takers on the 6.13 experience share after test in.re. print function.

cheers!

Eve update w fixes notice.jpg

• Level 5*

I'm running 6.13 now - didn't even realise that there was a new public release until @CATwoStep mentioned it...  thanks!

Printing and PDF-ing works for me,  though the layout (as usual) leaves something to be desired...  see the page break below.  I rarely print however so there may be other issues.  Also as usual if I'm printing something that needs 'proper' layout and style I'll use a word processing or a page layout app.

ScreenClip.png.9cc794ece42bfbd630e6b23fe38cca5a.png

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, gazumped said:

didn't even realise that there was a new public release

Stealth Public at this point. 

Archived