Evernote for Mac 7.1 Beta 2

Jason Creadore

Hi Everyone,

Today we're releasing 7.1 Beta 2! The release contains a feature to hide recent notes from the sidebar (thank you for the community feedback), 10+ bug fixes, including three for Work Chat and stability improvements reducing crash rates. The release can be found here.

Evernote for Mac 7.1 Beta 2 Release Notes

New

A way to hide and display recent notes in the sidebar

Improved

• A fix for an intermittent issue with Note Snippets flashing while typing

• A fix for an issue where Assisted Search would have a false positive, indicating a note was found

• A fix for an intermittent issue where a Notebook joined from Work Chat would not load notes

• A fix for an intermittent crash resulting from Work Chat usage

• A fix for a Work Chat issue where text in the share screen would not appear in Work Chat

• A fix for an intermittent issue where visual artifacts appear when launching Mission Control 

• A fix for a visual issue with reordering shortcuts

• A fix for an intermittent issue where expanding and collapsing items would not work every time

• A fix for an issue where Plus users could not dismiss a PDF annotation pop over window

• A fix for an issue where the keyboard shortcut to jump to tag did not open the filter tag menu

• Level 5*

Also Fixed:  

• Applescripts can now run.....Thank you
  • Copy Classic Note Link is now an Option-Selection in the right-click menu

Not Fixed

• Invisible Note List
  • Unable to force the Classic Link in the Note Menu
  • Loses setting for column width and sort sequence in List View

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Vincent Noel said:

I don't know why but I cannot update to this version from Evernote 7.1 beta 1

I got the same message about no updates available.  I just used the download link in the announcement.

3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I got same message about no updates available.  I just used the download link in the announcement.

I hope this is not the new policy. I do not want to have to monitor the forums to know there is a new beta available.

• Level 5*

are there any plans to remember the column widths I set in List View for the Mac? this used to work. I don't understand how so many things that have worked for years get broken like this. It is like whack-a-mole.

19 hours ago, EdH said:

are there any plans to remember the column widths I set in List View for the Mac? this used to work. I don't understand how so many things that have worked for years get broken like this. It is like whack-a-mole.

Hey @EdH

The note list is being reworked to resolve these bugs. I'm on an internal build here and can't reproduce this anymore. To make sure I'm reproducing it correctly, can you DM me a screen recording of the issue being reproduced, along with a log? 

Thanks,

**Update**
Issue reproduced and ticket filed with engineering. Thanks for the help @DTLow and @EdH

• Level 5*
On 3/31/2018 at 1:52 PM, nicolml said:

Hey @EdH

The note list is being reworked to resolve these bugs. I'm on an internal build here and can't reproduce this anymore. To make sure I'm reproducing it correctly, can you DM me a screen recording of the issue being reproduced, along with a log? 

Thanks,

**Update**
Issue reproduced and ticket filed with engineering. Thanks for the help @DTLow and @EdH

Thanks. Yeah, very easy to repro here - just quit Evernote, restart it, or upgrade it. 

Rebooting mac doesn't seem to cause the issue - remembers app state or something? 

• Shane D. unfeatured this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
28 minutes ago, AntoineO said:

Evernote says no updates are available.

I've checked "Update to beta versions when they are available :

What should I do ?

Archived