Desktop not working, says not connected

I have been a long time user of Evernote Basic. I have it on one Windows computer and a phone. All of a sudden the computer version is not syncing, so I followed all the advice I could find and ended up uninstalling it and reinstalling. Still didn't work. Then I went into the log and it says I wasn't connected to the internet, but I am!?!? So I removed my device, logged out to start over... Now when I enter my user name... "Can't connect to server. Please try again later." 

I AM CONNECTED. This is so frustrating. I even went down a rabbit hole of enabling TLS?!?! Nope, still doesn't work!

Are you kidding me, how can it be this hard? Now I need to "show the log", umm... I CAN'T LOG IN. 

The computer is running Windows running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, dallasazcat said:

Yes, I did ALL of this. I tried to explain that in my original post. However I can't get the Activity Log now since I can't even log in!?!? Horrible!

A ways back there was a security issues that effected Win7 users.  Don't know that is the case here, but just in case.  

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  There is the nuclear option as you don't seem to have anything left to work with -

• Find your databases folder at C:\Users\<user>\Evernote\Databases and copy it to the desktop (just in case...)
  • Uninstall Evernote with Revo Uninstaller Free - this will remove everything to do with Evernote from your system for a clean reinstall - except the databases folder
  • Re-download and reinstall...

IE is required. (Ok, not the browser itself - but the transport layer) If you go to Internet Options, changing options there will affect Evernote. That's why I suggested trying IE. If that doesn't work, then sync will not work.

Archived