Tables - Recent change in behavior?

ericb100

Hi all,

Has something changed in the past day or two regarding tables?  In the past I have always if I create, for example, a table with two columns.  If I type something in the first column and then press tab it would jump to the next column.  Once in that last column, if I press enter, it would create a new row.

Now, when I press tab, it tabs WITHIN the cell, and if I'm in that last column and press enter, it creates a line feed WITHIN that last cell.

I'm not sure if there's now a new way of jumping between cells (short of clicking with a mouse), or creating a new row...How on earth do I do that now?  It worked great before in my opinion.  I tried in a couple of browsers and the behavior is the same.  Just trying to get input on if something's changed, or if I've accidentally clicked something that now has things working differently.

Thanks.

Eric

• 4 weeks later...

I am unable to add new content after a table, when the table is the last content in a note. I tried clicking after the table, hitting Tab inside the last table cell, hitting the Down arrow key when inside the last table cell, and I can't find a way to enter text after the table.

I think it's related to this change.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Daniel Serodio said:

I am unable to add new content after a table, when the table is the last content in a note. I tried clicking after the table, hitting Tab inside the last table cell, hitting the Down arrow key when inside the last table cell, and I can't find a way to enter text after the table.

I think it's related to this change.

Try scrolling the note window down to see if that shows some empty space. 

If not, workaround could be to create a new note and then merge the table note with that new note, table note first.  That should create some space below the table.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Daniel Serodio said:

Thanks for your response CalS. There's no empty space at the end of the note, and I can't select more than one note on Evernote Web so I can't find the Merge button (I tried to follow these instructions).

Sorry, my bad, I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize this was a web topic, can't merge notes on the web. 

I just created a table that covers the entire note window top to bottom on the web.  I can grab the vertical scroll bar to drag the note down and I get empty space.  Have you tried opening the note in a separate window?  Right click on the note and select the option.

Archived