v7.0.0: Notebook select list unusable without auto-complete

ybakos

Version 7.0.0 no longer allows the user to click on the Notebook select list, start typing the name of a notebook, and autocomplete / filter matching notebook names. As a user with many notebooks, it now takes me five seconds longer to clip a note because I am forced to scroll through a list of notebooks. This is terrible.

How do I file an issue / feature request to re-enable the ability to type and filter the selected notebook when clipping a note?

Absolutely agree. Given number of notebooks I use the lack of autocomplete in choosing notebooks all but breaks the web clipper for me (which in turn makes Evernote far less valuable to me.)

Together with all the other broken things in Android, Windows and Web apps I see this as just another retrograde step introduced by Evernote. I now have to scroll down all my notebooks to find the one I want to clip to, no autocomplete and no keyboard shortcut. Added to that I notice that the notebook list is not even in alphabetical order. 

Will someone from Evernote reply to this and explain why? I won't hold my breath.

• 2 weeks later...

Another  user who finds this as a major downgrade. Also, I use the comments field to make notes about a note, and it apparently has been removed from the web clipper as well. Can we at least get an option to return to the previous (better) behavior?

This breaks web clipper COMPLETELY for me, due to the following reasons (re-iterating here for clarity, I'm absolutely positive that the posters above are well aware of these):

1. No more autocomplete function.  WHY??? This makes no sense.  I have thousands of notes and dozens of Notebooks, and you feel that the ideal user experience is to painfully scroll through them and select the one I want?  

2. Fixed width selection window, combined with #1, means that I can only read the first third of a notebook title, and in my organizational scheme, many of them all appear to have the exact same title."  This

3. Removed remarks / comments?? Once you incorporate a feature (in a productivity app, no less), you should really, really have a good reason for removing it. This makes absolutely no sense.

I can't even fathom the level of sheer idiocy that drove Evernote's collective puddle of brain goo to decide that these were both features that needed to be removed; please revert these changes and work on fixing other parts of this application. I am seriously reconsidering whether the move to OneNote would be a better choice right now, especially if this isn't changed VERY soon.

evernote-wtf.PNG

Archived