Why Keep Breaking the Web Clipper?

m_strat17

I have been using the Web Clipper on a Windows 7 PC with Chrome and Gmail for years.  In the past two years, the following features have ceased to work:

1) Formatting

2) Clipping many emails (the clipper gets slower and slower each time I clip an email)

3) Can't clip an email after pressing the "View sent message" button

4) Shortcut keys no longer work

I have posted topics about these issues, but never had a response.  And now, with this newest version, I can no longer select a notebook by clicking the notebook drop-down and start typing the name of the notebook.  Now I have to scroll down to find the notebook I want and click on it, which takes 10x longer.

So my question is, what's up?  Why keep breaking the web clipper?  Every time a new version is released, nothing is fixed and another feature doesn't work.  I'll take the one from 2 years ago that worked great.

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, m_strat17 said:

And now, with this newest version, I can no longer select a notebook by clicking the notebook drop-down and start typing the name of the notebook.  Now I have to scroll down to find the notebook I want and click on it, which takes 10x longer.

This is working fine for me on Win 10, in Chrome (version 64.0.3282.168). Click on the notebook name, start typing in the box, and the notebook list filters to names that match what you've typed. Not sure what's going on in your computer...

Edit: looks like my version of the web clipper is out of date (< version 7).  Will update and re-check when I get the chance, but just to let you know, there's another report elsewhere of what you reported, so I'll have to retract my findings for the moment...

Update: So I updated Chrome and that's fine, but for some reason the Evernote web clipper would not update to the latest one until I removed it and fetched the new version from the store. And yes, version 7 does have the problem you noted. It's definitely a drop in usability -- luckily for me, I don't have a lot of notebooks, but for someone who does...

On 3/21/2018 at 5:16 PM, jefito said:

Update: So I updated Chrome and that's fine, but for some reason the Evernote web clipper would not update to the latest one until I removed it and fetched the new version from the store. And yes, version 7 does have the problem you noted. It's definitely a drop in usability -- luckily for me, I don't have a lot of notebooks, but for someone who does...

Thanks for your follow up.  That's the problem, I sometimes have hundreds of notebooks, and it's a lot harder to scroll than it is to type :)

Archived