Going Paperless and Encryption

Anvar74

Hi,

I converted all my documents to electronic copies a couple of years ago, I am now looking at using Ever Note to store my documents mainly to give me a better way to search documents, but have a couple of concerns and am after some thoughts.

1. As EN doesn't offer End to End encryption I am looking at Encrypting the pdf's... and attaching them in EN (I know I wont be able to search on the contents but if I TAG well this should resolve the mostly), has anyone else used this approach and how well does it work not just on desktop but on web, mobile...

2. Corruption I have read some articles on the web of people suffering from Notes corrupting does this still happen is there a known trigger (I will be backing up my EN data folder but my backup's will only be kept for 90 days)

Thanks

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Anvar74 said:

I am looking at Encrypting the pdf's

For my sensitive data, I use encrypted PDFs and office/iwork documents.

It works well on my Mac and iPad.

>>Notes corrupting does this still happen is there a known trigger (I will be backing up my EN data folder but my backup's will only be kept for 90 days)

Very infrequent problem for me.

I have access to Evernote's Note History backup and personal backups; no time limit.  Also Time Machine backups on my Mac.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Anvar74 said:

I converted all my documents to electronic copies a couple of years ago, I am now looking at using Ever Note to store my documents mainly to give me a better way to search documents, but have a couple of concerns and am after some thoughts.

One thing you can do is put the sensitive notes in local notebooks.  Caveat is you have to do backups.  Then you get the power of EN search.  I've been doing this since I went paperless with EN.  To date I have just under 7k PDFs stored in two local notebooks.  FWIW.

Archived