Bizarre Spam Posting to My Notebooks

I'm on a Win10 machine, Pro user, who occasionally updates via an Android HTC M8. Most of my work is done on the desktop.

Going through my notebooks, especially the Clip to Evernote folder that I put initial clips in, I've been finding dozens of spam posts like this one:

http://www.eguidesservice.com/join-tell-the-bell-survey-online/

There are usually a few lines of text added. These posts range from restaurant surveys to department store reviews to state job board portals. I'm not clipping these, obviously, and they don't show up on the pages I'm clipping (and I'm clipping in Simplified Mode). 

Any idea what's going on? I've tried Googling, but eguidesservice.com has so many search results that it's seemingly impossible to find anything relevant until they collapse into gibberish around page 6 of the returns. Any other users seeing this? 

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Vanveen said:

I'm on a Win10 machine, Pro user, who occasionally updates via an Android HTC M8. Most of my work is done on the desktop.

Going through my notebooks, especially the Clip to Evernote folder that I put initial clips in, I've been finding dozens of spam posts like this one:

http://www.eguidesservice.com/join-tell-the-bell-survey-online/

There are usually a few lines of text added. These posts range from restaurant surveys to department store reviews to state job board portals. I'm not clipping these, obviously, and they don't show up on the pages I'm clipping (and I'm clipping in Simplified Mode). 

Any idea what's going on? I've tried Googling, but eguidesservice.com has so many search results that it's seemingly impossible to find anything relevant until they collapse into gibberish around page 6 of the returns. Any other users seeing this? 

They have just tripped up on your email address for your Evernote Notebook. 

• Click on Settings
  • Click Account Summary
  • Scroll down to the "email notes to" section.
  • Click reset.

Evernote will generate another email address for you to use to send notes to. You'll just need to change that email in any app/account that was automatically sending emails to.

Archived