Clipping from behind a paywall - FT

Im new to Evernote. Want to use it to clip stuff for a long term project. 

I have a subscription to the Financial Times. (UK) 

So I read it on the app on my phone. If I clip an article it just displays a notice suggesting getting a subscription in Evernote. 

Is this normal with paywalled content? Even though I am accessing it legally. 

Is there a workaround? Without copying and pasting! 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Evernote Expert

This is an old thread pre-Evernote 10.

The issue is with the paywalled site which considers the Evernote web clipper on desktop as a new browser so refuses the connection. There is no means of offering a username/password with the web clipper. I'm not sure about Sharing via a mobile browser. 

You could request development of the web clipper with Evernote support but I doubt anything will happen soon. This isn't, though an issue with the Evernote application.

• Level 5

Or users different method of clipping.

Print as pdf, screenshots, whatever. EN will make it searchable for you, so as a source of research these methods will do the job as well.

Not so convenient, but that is a decision of the people setting up the paywalls.

• Level 5

The URL will not work around the paywall. 

It is OK if you need the original article, maybe with hyperlinks and all. But you need to be able to pass the paywall again when you open it - which may be in several years.

The options mentioned above will preserve the content (without hyperlinks), and function in the future without crossing the paywall.

The content blocking forces us all to take these decisions.