Drag and drop freezes Evernote, but copy and paste works

• Level 5*
On 3/18/2018 at 3:24 AM, Lawabider said:

This is for large files. I tried dragging and dropping 100+ meg pdf files on to new notes. I left it overnight and Evernote was still frozen the next morning. Yes I do have a paid account btw.

What happens if you create a new note, then attach the file via the paperclip icon?

26 minutes ago, EdH said:

What happens if you create a new note, then attach the file via the paperclip icon?

This works.  

The non-working way seems to result in the note ultimately disappearing, including for notes that already have some content. 

• Level 5*

At least you can get your stuff in there. Seems there is a bug in the drag-and-drop, or it simply doesn't work for mammoth files. I've never tried adding a file that large to my account using any method.

• 7 months later...

I still have problems with this, even with small files, it seems especially from the WeChat for Windows application. But dragging files from WeChat to other applications such as Outlook does not cause problems. Evernote just froze when I was attempting to drag a 1.8MB audio file from WeChat to Evernote. Annoying.

Archived