Whoa… I Just Reinstalled Evernote 5

macfixer

Idea

For giggles, I wanted to see if Evernote 5 would run on my computer, so I uninstalled everything from Evernote 7 and took a trip back down memory lane. Some thoughts:

• I can't believe how much I missed the brown notebook icons!
  • Atlas still does not work. I think it's been ripped out on the back end.
  • Market does not work. I wants to be online for some reason.
  • Nor does "Premium".
  • Reminders really pop with their paper background.
  • Lots of neon blue, even though my Mac is set to the Graphite theme.

I don't know how long I'll keep it, but kudos to Evernote for making so much work, even with an ancient version of their client.

screenshot.thumb.png.e78767e7f0703a1896c4e7adefb023fc.png

1 reply to this idea

Personally after briefly moving to 6.0 (or 6.0.1, can't remember) which had major backlash against the design, myself included, I went back to version 5.6.2 and disabled updates and have been happy ever since. I'm not sure if I have the same on my work Mac or whether I only went back to 5.7.x and just disabled as much as possible the new features 5.7 added.

Only just today have I peeked back and three things have caught me attention... Firstly talk of people downgrading from 7.0.x to 6.x which sounds very familiar. Secondly I noted back in 6.1 EN reverted the sidebar to dark again. Finally I noted comments about people seeing problems on High Sierra. Well my home laptop is 10.12 Sierra and at work I'm on 10.13 High Sierra, and I've not had a single issue with the 5.6/5.7 software!! It really is solid!!

I did start wondering about finding a release announcement for a late version 6.x desktop app and finally moving away from 5.x after all this time (a bit over 3 years) but I've seen issues reported here about 6.13, 6.12, 6.11, 6.10 and 6.9 that have put me off, so I'm sticking with the "ain't broke, don't fix" theory still.

I still like the dividing line between the note title and note content and based on what little I've managed to find in the way of pictures of the UI these days it doesn't look like that ever came back after being evicted in 6.0 :( and I'd miss it...

Archived