Evernote for Windows 6.10 GA

Chantal Leonard

Idea

Hi Folks - 

As I mentioned in our last announcement, version 6.10 Beta 2 was a minor rev for us and we're now releasing 6.10 GA. You can download it here, and it'll be available in the Windows Store in the next couple of days. 

We have some stability and crash fixes we want to get out to all our Evernote users which is why we're GAing now. We'll be releasing our next Beta soon so keep an eye out for that. 

Thanks,

Chantal and the rest of the Windows team

----------------------------------------------------------

Release Notes for Windows version 6.10

Note: Versions 6.10 is supported in OS versions Windows 7 and up.

Fixed:

• An intermittent issue where notes are sometimes not loaded when on-demand sync option is selected
  • An issue where local notebooks are sometimes missing
  • An issue where a new line is sometimes introduced after copy/pasting text into a note
  • An issue where an audio note is not saved when switching away from a note while sync is hapening
  • An issue where Evernote can no longer be launched if the database folder is manually deleted
  • An issue where encrypted text is not always shown after providing the passphrase
  • An issue where annotation is not possible if an attached PDF file name includes "." (dot symbol)

Improved:

• UI tweaks to the sidebar to reduce the size of the new note button and to make the list of notebooks and shortcuts easier to scan

• Level 5*

Two issues that seem to have been fixed:

1. I can create a new note and immediately move it to a different workbook without having to sync first.
  2. I can move notes to shared notebooks without a reminder that I am moving it to a shared notebook.

I think the bug of not being able to move notes to/from unsync'd (offline only) notebooks was related to #1, so but I have no offline notebooks to test with. Because I like my data backed up and sync'd.

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, EdH said:

I think the bug of not being able to move notes to/from unsync'd (offline only) notebooks was related to #1, so but I have no offline notebooks to test with. Because I like my data backed up and sync'd.

I believe that it is fixed. I keep a local notebook around for testing purposes (so no notes of any importance are ever stored there), and it seems to work...

• Level 5*

Bug report.

There is now a pronounced lag in note content display as compared to how Beta 2 performed.  The note panel display was instantaneous prior to this GA release.  As a test I went to my old laptop which is running 6.7.5 and uses on demand sync.  Note content is displayed faster there, including the download time should the note content not be local.   Not right, at all.

I thought there weren't supposed to be any significant changes between Beta 2 and this GA?  Something happened. 

IAC, if it is verified that this is an issue and will be addressed, I would appreciate acknowledgement of that.  Otherwise, may have to go back a version or three to old PDF handling..  My productivity tool is starting to slow me down a bit.  :(

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, CalS said:

Bug report.

The install still adds the share icon to the note toolbar, removing the reminder icon in my case.

Confirmed - reminder icon had to be re-added to the toolbar after the update...

• Level 5*
54 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Confirmed - reminder icon had to be re-added to the toolbar after the update...

Thanks, Gaz.  It's been this way for a few releases, including the betas.  Don''t remember when the behavior started.

• Level 5*

Bug report.

1. In All Notes context
  2. Start a search with intitle:
  3. Whatever is typed after the colon does not display
  4. Pause waiting for the typing to catch up
  5. There is a quick flash of something on the screen
  6. A new note is created containing whatever you typed after the colon
  7. You can then position to after the colon in the search bar and complete the search

This happens the majority of the time to me.  Same thing happens if you do a created: search.  Not sure, but I don't remember this behavior prior to 6.10.

18 hours ago, CalS said:

Bug report.

There is now a pronounced lag in note content display as compared to how Beta 2 performed.  The note panel display was instantaneous prior to this GA release.

8 hours ago, Alessandro Melandri said:

I'm using 6.10.3.6921 on Windows 10.

Sinche the update, opening notes is much slower than before. It takes nearly one second to display note content.

It doesn't depend on note content, and it happens always, not only on the first time you open the note.

I have exactly the same version of Evernote and deal with the very same types of delays, though sometimes the wait time is longer than a second.

What's with all the new lag?

• Level 5*

Bug report.

Using right mouse button to rotate image (either CW or CCW) causes the image to be deleted.  This was a newly added note with image and I thought initially it was associated with sync, but doesn't appear to be.  Even if I wait for the new note with image to sync before rotating, as soon as I RMB to rotate, it gets deleted.

• Ex Employees
6 minutes ago, WeCanLearnAnything said:

I have exactly the same version of Evernote and deal with the very same types of delays, though sometimes the wait time is longer than a second.

What's with all the new lag?

Thank you all for reporting this - the development team is aware of it and are investigating.

• Ex Employees
34 minutes ago, s2sailor said:

Bug report.

Using right mouse button to rotate image (either CW or CCW) causes the image to be deleted.  This was a newly added note with image and I thought initially it was associated with sync, but doesn't appear to be.  Even if I wait for the new note with image to sync before rotating, as soon as I RMB to rotate, it gets deleted.

Thank you, the devs are aware of this issue as well and it should be fixed in a future update. I don't have an estimate on when to expect this.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Jay-Bob said:

Thank you, the devs are aware of this issue as well and it should be fixed in a future update. I don't have an estimate on when to expect this.

Glad to hear this is being worked on, but this defect should never have made it into a GA version.  I've stayed away from the beta track for a few years now to avoid problems like this.  We shouldn't have to be cautious about updating to new public releases.

Might be a desired behavior, but it isn't for me and therefore I'll call it a bug for now.

Was moving tags around (6.10.3) and "nesting" of tags decided to split apart. I had a collection of tags that are a "firstname-ITEM" all listed under "FIRSTNAME-LASTNAME" (in bold) I had those under a tag called "PEOPLE" and decided to re-arrange my tagging structure slightly and place under a new tag called ":WHO".  The "firstname-ITEM" tags all separated from the BOLDNAME tag as you see below:

5aac53e9dcf2e_bugreport-tagmovementsScreenClip.png.a53aeada555368cc1294c63e6d2f0a03.png

I put things back together and this is what I expected it to look like as this is what it originally looked like when under the master tag "PEOPLE":

5aac55943e19b_bug-tagshuffleScreenClip.thumb.png.64841e585d17b4db6cbccaa6c753eacb.png

I've duplicated this issue "many times" now in my restructuring of my tags.  Quite frustrating reformatting them all again, but then it is forcing me to re-review how I'm using tags anyway.

for me on Win10 this version is a pain - very laggy and the little blue win10 "crash wheel" is my steady companion working with EN now. I wish I could be more specific but I haven't seen specific behavior causing a crash, seems random.

For me this version is not usable.

as the EN crashes wouldn't be annoying enough: does anybody know how to restart EN after a crash WITHOUT having to restart Win10?

This version also seems to have killed the webclipper - it opens but "save" is not clickable for minutes and it takes a number of minutes until it - surprisingly - starts clipping (under heavy load in FF59) - to finish with "no internet connection". 

People here already complained about the way the software is tested and why untested versions are published. I don't think things are getting better if a BETA 3 is rushed as GA because the last GA was buggy... Am I the only one seeing a pattern here?

7 hours ago, Maddhin said:

People here already complained about the way the software is tested and why untested versions are published. I don't think things are getting better if a BETA 3 is rushed as GA because the last GA was buggy...

The only acceptable reason might be that they corrected database stability problems...

9 hours ago, Maddhin said:

as the EN crashes wouldn't be annoying enough: does anybody know how to restart EN after a crash WITHOUT having to restart Win10?

Alt-Control-Delete, then select task manager. 
Under the processes tab you should see two Evernote processes in the list - Evernote Clipper and Evernote 32 bit. 
Right-Click and then select End-Task.  You should be able to start Evernote again after that.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, Maddhin said:

This version also seems to have killed the webclipper - it opens but "save" is not clickable for minutes and it takes a number of minutes until it - surprisingly - starts clipping (under heavy load in FF59) - to finish with "no internet connection". 

It may have killed it for you, but it's not universal. It's working fine for me. Note that the web clipper isn't part of the Windows application; it's an external web app; on Chrome, it's an extension. As far as I know, the web clipper extension doesn't communicate directly with the native Evernote application; it's all via the Evernote servers.

The Windows EN upgrade to 6.10 is not functional for me. Running Windows 10 with the latest updates.

I upgraded yesterday from the EN prompt.  Result is that notes panel is either all black or all white.  No notes content is ever visible, either in the notes panel or popout panel. The little blue Windows spinning circle pulses on my screen (in every app) when Evernote is running.  Other programs are running fine.

I uninstalled the app today, rebooted computer, re-installed latest version (6.10.3.6921) from Evernote website, with exactly the same result.  No notes content is displayed.

I uninstalled the app, installed V 6.6.4.5512, and EN works and displays like it should.  Something seems to be wrong with the latest version (at least on my computer, Lenovo with i7, 16g ram).

• Level 5*

I'm employing a little caution here,  because the GA came out very quickly after the previous beta but so far I've not seen any downside.  Evernote seems to start more slowly,  and needs a while to sync before it's willing to talk to me - when the windows are blank,  so that might be the source of some of the other comments here - but after that it seems faster and more responsive.  Subject to the the slow start caveat things seem to be fine - and my main laptop is an 8MB i7 Dell running Windows 10,  so the device is pretty average these days...

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, gazumped said:

but after that it seems faster and more responsive

I don't know Gaz, I'm seeing a lag in note panel display I didn't see prior to this release.  Acknowledged some posts up by @Jay-Bob

Example.  I have some work out notes.  When I do hi-rep workouts the first line in the note is All 5x20.  Prior to this release if I switched notes you couldn't tell the note changed, the All 5x20 text seemed to be stationary, no flicker - no apparent change.  Now when I switch notes the panel goes white for a 1/2 to 1 second or so and then displays.  Same lag happens with all notes for me.

It Doesn't sound like much, but it is a mite irritating when it occurs based upon being used to right now display.  :(

Major and I mean major delays of new EN update. Most delays give the dreaded "not responding" message. How can Evernote release an update with this many bugs and crashes. An update implies that the software is getting better but instead it goes the opposite direction of worse.

13 hours ago, ej8899 said:

Alt-Control-Delete, then select task manager. 
Under the processes tab you should see two Evernote processes in the list - Evernote Clipper and Evernote 32 bit. 
Right-Click and then select End-Task.  You should be able to start Evernote again after that.

That's what I usually do to kill the process but afterwards EN doesn't start again (when doubleclicking the EN icon or choosing out of start menu).

It might be possible that there is another (2nd) EN process running somehow blocking the restart. Will be extra careful next time and doublecheck.

11 hours ago, jefito said:

It may have killed it for you, but it's not universal. It's working fine for me. Note that the web clipper isn't part of the Windows application; it's an external web app; on Chrome, it's an extension. As far as I know, the web clipper extension doesn't communicate directly with the native Evernote application; it's all via the Evernote servers.

Fair enough. Firefox updated relatively recently to 59 and it could be related to their release. Nevertheless, AFIAK the EN win app and webclipper are delivered together and therefore it should be an issue for this thread (even if communication between desktop app and webclipper seems not possible anymore - it used to be optional).

I'm a rather heavy user of the webclipper and I could swear the trouble started with the installation of this EN release. The whole webclipper is extremly laggy. It takes a long time to load, it needs minutes to load the tags, even opening the options panel takes a loooooong time. Webclipper was never working particularly fast for me / my system but if I have to wait for 1-2 minutes until tags are loaded, etc. it's not what I would call a productivity tool;) No joking: I'm reading the news while trying to clip 2-3 pages at the moment!!! (fails most of the time)

19 minutes ago, Maddhin said:

That's what I usually do to kill the process but afterwards EN doesn't start again (when doubleclicking the EN icon or choosing out of start menu).

It might be possible that there is another (2nd) EN process running somehow blocking the restart. Will be extra careful next time and doublecheck.

You can also check details tab in the Task Manager.

5aadf07e5c8be_taskmanager.png.e678556ca415ca38d68efea4918aa56a.png

Or you can get  Process Explorer.  It is like the Task Manager but with more options. No installation need it, just unzip. By using this software, locate Evernote process in the window, right-click on the Evernote.exe process and choose Restart. It will shutdown Evernote and then restarted. Very convenient.

5aadf3b77bd19_processexplorer.png.185664fc764c7f519df18ee603fb9a39.png

I hope this will help you.

• Level 5*

This about the 4th or 5th time in the last few builds that the Evernote install removes my customized toolbars for notes. It is ok for the Evernote window itself, but for notes, everything gets deleted except for the share icon. The email, trash, reminder, and print icons keep getting deleted on an upgrade. 

By "builds" I am including the beta builds, not just GA builds.

Regarding the lag, I noticed looking at the EN activity log and task manager, each time you click on a note to view you get a "Starting EvernoteSubprocess.exe" in the activity log and in task manager you see one EvernoteSubprocess being killed and replaced with a new one (different PID). This doesn't happen with a prior version (Still have it installed on another computer).

Running 6.10.3.6921on Windows 7 - downloaded a couple of days ago.  No problems with speed or loading.  Do have a problem with Spell Check.  I would regularly use the F7 feature to check my Note and prompt for a correction.  Now I can see my typos but have to scroll through and address each mistake in order for them to be corrected.  Am I doing something wrong?  Has the F7 feature been removed?  This causes a real drop in productivity.

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, Maddhin said:

Nevertheless, AFIAK the EN win app and webclipper are delivered together and therefore it should be an issue for this thread (even if communication between desktop app and webclipper seems not possible anymore - it used to be optional).

Are you sure about that? I normally use Chrome, but do keep Firefox installed, and the web clipper is not available on FireFox for me. To get that, I'd need to install the Evernote web clipper extension. The screenshot clipper is certainly installed with the Evernote application, but that's not the same thing (as you probably know).

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Wilkster said:

Regarding the lag, I noticed looking at the EN activity log and task manager, each time you click on a note to view you get a "Starting EvernoteSubprocess.exe" in the activity log and in task manager you see one EvernoteSubprocess being killed and replaced with a new one (different PID). This doesn't happen with a prior version (Still have it installed on another computer).

According to Evernote employee @dconnet (see https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/111873-f7-spell-check-gone/?tab=comments#comment-495311), the current version of the Chromium Embedded Framework  used by the Evernote editor requires several subprocesses to operate; it used to require only one. The behavior you're seeing may be a requirement for the CEF...

6 hours ago, jefito said:

Are you sure about that? I normally use Chrome, but do keep Firefox installed, and the web clipper is not available on FireFox for me. To get that, I'd need to install the Evernote web clipper extension. The screenshot clipper is certainly installed with the Evernote application, but that's not the same thing (as you probably know).

I haven't made a fresh install in a long time, so I'm not sure if the FF extension is installed with EN today. It, of course, could be a coincidence that the extension AND desktop versions break the same day.

Naive question: where do I complain about / get help for the extension then? :)

EDIT / follow up:

my FF says the extention was updated last on 17th January. So there was no change in the extension recently. So either some "interference" with the desktop app broke it or FF59. Does anybody has problem with FF59 and the extension?

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Maddhin said:

Does anybody has problem with FF59 and the extension?

I'm running FF59.0.1 64bit with Clipper 6.13.2 installed on 17 Jan but have no issues.  AFAIK Clipper is an independent install from which ever app store your browser of choice favours.  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Feature restoration request...

There used to be a useful feature in desktop Evernote for Windows which seems to have disappeared in 6.10.3.6921. It would be good to have the feature restored.

Previous behaviour:

1. Attach a PDF to a note
  2. Note make sure the PDF itself is displayed (i.e. right click > View as attachment is unchecked)
  3. Notice there is (was) a little drag icon on the top right of the PDF. (From memory it looked like three little horizontal lines.)
  4. Drag the PDF by this icon onto a place of your choosing. This is especially useful if you need to attach the PDF to a web page - you can just drag the PDF from Evernote into the web page's Browse button before clicking its Upload button.

Present behaviour:

1. Attach a PDF to a note
  2. Note make sure the PDF itself is displayed (i.e. right click > View as attachment is unchecked)
  3. Notice the little drag icon is missing. Now you cannot drag the PDF into a web page or other location.

There are two workarounds, but it would be good to have the drag icon restored.

Workaround 1: Right click > Check View as attachment. Drag the attachment as desired. Right click > Uncheck VIew as attachment.

Workaround 2: Click the Download icon on the PDF. Save the PDF to some location. Open the downloaded location. Drag the file as desired. Delete the downloaded file.

Thanks.

ScreenClip.png

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

I'm running FF59.0.1 64bit with Clipper 6.13.2 installed on 17 Jan but have no issues.  AFAIK Clipper is an independent install from which ever app store your browser of choice favours.  Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?

the extension "seems to have recovered" today. I don't know why as the only thing that happened were a couple of reboots. Fingers crossed it keeps working now and if not, I try to figure out what cause this behavior. Odd.

Thanks for your help anyway

I still have problems with "simplify formatting" and "remove formatting" not working, ie, not working as intended or as on other platforms. (I'm commenting on this problem since 6.6GA, that was August 2017... time really flies.)

Maybe they are associated with the changes towards a "new editor", which was started some versions ago. 

Is there some kind of ETA for when Evernote will have a reasonably stable version with a reasonably working editor again? Is there a recommended ancient version that was reasonably stable and to which I can revert without having to download the entire database again? (I'm traveling and on slow downloads).

Fun fact: Evernote is the only "enterprise" software where I'm confronted with buggy GAs where some basic "bugs" seem to persist forever, and where my desperation drives me to monitor and even post in forums. It's still the "bug ridden Elefant".

• Level 5*
On 3/15/2018 at 6:11 PM, CalS said:

Bug report.

The install still adds the share icon to the note toolbar, removing the reminder icon in my case.

I upgraded from 6.9GA to 6.10GA (6.10.3.6921) on Windows 7 and the note toolbar was not affected. The reminder icon remained visible and the share icon remained hidden.

I am seeing the note panel lag others have mentioned.

Another issue I'm seeing (on Win 7) is the Evernote app icon does not appear in the taskbar when EN is running. Exiting and relaunching does not resolve the issue. This is definitely a new issue.

What is up with all the EvernoteSubprocess.exe processes (I see 3 of these)? I don't recall seeing these before. Used to be Evernote.exe, EvernoteClipper.exe and EvernoteTray.exe. Now it's these 3 plus the 3 x EvernoteSubprocess.exe instances.

On 3/17/2018 at 12:43 AM, Maddhin said:

aPeople here already complained about the way the software is tested and why untested versions are published. I don't think things are getting better if a BETA 3 is rushed as GA because the last GA was buggy... Am I the only one seeing a pattern here?

Personally I find it most unprofessional. I realize they are busy trying to get into the business game, but they fail to see that when they keep releasing buggy versions (some more buggy that what was fixed previously) to the general public no one is going to be recommending using Evernote in a business context.  It is most unfortunate but they lost my trust a few versions back.

• Level 5*
On 3/15/2018 at 3:11 PM, CalS said:

Bug report.

The install removes ALL icons and just puts the share icon there. :(

• Level 5*
27 minutes ago, lisec said:

Personally I find it most unprofessional. I realize they are busy trying to get into the business game, but they fail to see that when they keep releasing buggy versions (some more buggy that what was fixed previously) to the general public no one is going to be recommending using Evernote in a business context.  It is most unfortunate but they lost my trust a few versions back.

It is bad enough as it is, but what really gets me is when fixed bugs come back. I beta test MS software and it is as buggy as heck on the Insider builds, but usually pretty good by the time they get to "first release" builds, and really stable by the time it gets to the deferred channel, which has had 6 months to percolate. But I don't recall any time in the last 2 years any bug coming back after being squashed.

But MS isn't on artificial deadlines. They miss projected deadlines all of the time to get solid product out the door vs half baked-but-we-want-to-ship-right-now-to-say-we-shipped-a-new-product. Those of us who want to play with half-baked product do it with beta/insider builds. It doesn't get foisted on the public.

34 minutes ago, EdH said:

It is bad enough as it is, but what really gets me is when fixed bugs come back. I beta test MS software and it is as buggy as heck on the Insider builds, but usually pretty good by the time they get to "first release" builds, and really stable by the time it gets to the deferred channel, which has had 6 months to percolate. But I don't recall any time in the last 2 years any bug coming back after being squashed.

But MS isn't on artificial deadlines. They miss projected deadlines all of the time to get solid product out the door vs half baked-but-we-want-to-ship-right-now-to-say-we-shipped-a-new-product. Those of us who want to play with half-baked product do it with beta/insider builds. It doesn't get foisted on the public.

Exactly - testing has it's cycles, and you can't release with showstoppers. Evernote isn't Freecell. Customers depend on it much like they depend on their email programs. I get that they want to attract Businesses. It's a good move. Most likely a necessary one. While adding your competitor's splashy new features might attract new business, that will not keep the business; solid, dependable, stable releases will keep the business. That's the best marketing.  When you develop a reputation for putting out releases that adversely affect functionality (minute-long not respondings, delays in viewing data, and worst of all losing data) you are toast. And when  you can't fix the smallest of bugs in three releases, that's pretty good bad marketing right there.

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, lisec said:

Exactly - testing has it's cycles, and you can't release with showstoppers. Evernote isn't Freecell. Customers depend on it much like they depend on their email programs. I get that they want to attract Businesses. It's a good move. Most likely a necessary one. While adding your competitor's splashy new features might attract new business, that will not keep the business; solid, dependable, stable releases will keep the business. That's the best marketing.  When you develop a reputation for putting out releases that adversely affect functionality (minute-long not respondings, delays in viewing data, and worst of all losing data) you are toast. And when  you can't fix the smallest of bugs in three releases, that's pretty good bad marketing right there.

The thing is, they could release all of these new features in beta and leave them in beta for months while removing bugs. Microsoft Teams was available for 6 months before release as a beta. The OneDrive for Business client using consumer sync code was in beta for nearly a year before going to widespread release. MS was active in promoting both of them to get widespread usage, but warned it was pre-release. Heck, MS took out a full page ad in the NY Times trolling Slack when Teams was released in beta (debating the wisdom of that is for another thread) so it was out there and in the news that Teams was available for testing and use, it just wasn't ready for general release.

Evernote chooses not to do this. They release it into general availability along with dozens and dozens of reported bugs that they don't bother fixing, or introducing new bugs, or reintroducing old bugs.

I don't understand it. I recently quit testing the iOS version because they shut down the discussion threads for the iOS client which meant for those bugs, you couldn't even discuss with others and look for workarounds or ways to avoid them.

9 hours ago, EdH said:

The thing is, they could release all of these new features in beta and leave them in beta for months while removing bugs. Microsoft Teams was available for 6 months before release as a beta. The OneDrive for Business client using consumer sync code was in beta for nearly a year before going to widespread release. MS was active in promoting both of them to get widespread usage, but warned it was pre-release. Heck, MS took out a full page ad in the NY Times trolling Slack when Teams was released in beta (debating the wisdom of that is for another thread) so it was out there and in the news that Teams was available for testing and use, it just wasn't ready for general release.

Evernote chooses not to do this. They release it into general availability along with dozens and dozens of reported bugs that they don't bother fixing, or introducing new bugs, or reintroducing old bugs.

I don't understand it. I recently quit testing the iOS version because they shut down the discussion threads for the iOS client which meant for those bugs, you couldn't even discuss with others and look for workarounds or ways to avoid them.

EN actually has that "I want BETAs" option. So perfect for testing.

The funny thing is that I actually wanted to opt-out of using betas but as the GA versions were as buggy, one is poisened to stick with beta hoping to get working versions faster...

On 3/15/2018 at 10:45 AM, gazumped said:

Same version on Win 10. I am having the delay, too. In addition, and even worse, the content of some notes does not show at all. The content pane just has the gray "Drag Files here or start typing" text. The same notes viewed online look just fine. This version is basically unusable for me.

On 3/15/2018 at 10:45 AM, gazumped said:

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Némo Nobody said:

Does the rules (Ctrl+shift+-) are fixed in 6.10?

I'm on 6.9 and for some notes the rules I add (manually or via hotkeys) are not visible.

No, that issue is not resolved in 6.10.

I thought some of you folks were 'seeing things' when it came to the delays.. but sadly, I'm seeing it too on 6.10.3 - running on an i7, 16gb ram and with 512gb SSD (with lots of free space).  I wouldn't think Evernote is an application that should see performance issues on a machine like this.  sigh. 

I have one note that only consists of a single page PDF that opens 'blank' and I have to let it sit for a second or so to render.  Other notes similar, open a note and 'wait' - I'd guess anywhere from 0.5-1.5 seconds depending on note content. 

Anyone try and rebuild the database or index?  I'm at about 10gb for database and 'hesitant' to download it all again but might try the "optimize database" (ctrl-help for those that aren't aware).

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, ej8899 said:

I thought some of you folks were 'seeing things' when it came to the delays.. but sadly, I'm seeing it too on 6.10.3 - running on an i7, 16gb ram and with 512gb SSD (with lots of free space).  I wouldn't think Evernote is an application that should see performance issues on a machine like this.  sigh. 

I have one note that only consists of a single page PDF that opens 'blank' and I have to let it sit for a second or so to render.  Other notes similar, open a note and 'wait' - I'd guess anywhere from 0.5-1.5 seconds depending on note content. 

Anyone try and rebuild the database or index?  I'm at about 10gb for database and 'hesitant' to download it all again but might try the "optimize database" (ctrl-help for those that aren't aware).

EN is looking at this lag issue per a post above.  I’d hang back on a rebuild. 

Checkbox in a list bug report - this has persisted for several versions now.  Obviously existing performance issues are more pressing, but perhaps dev's could add it to the to do list.

When creating a list of items, it is 'occasionally' difficult to add check boxes to the entire list of items by selecting and clicking checkbox icon.

example - create a list of items, select them all, click checkbox icon.  Most of the time, I only get the first item with a checkbox.  I then need to remove that checkbox, select all items and then select numbered list.  Re select the list, click the add checkbox (then all items get a checkbox), reselect and remove my numbered list.  Check boxes on all items remain at that point.  See screen shots.

The problem (how to duplicate) - it must be related to how the list is formatted.  I can type a list and it seems to work more often than not -- but a copy/pasted list is almost always guaranteed to fail. Step 1 is to create a list of items (or copy/paste a list of items) into a note.  I have a daily journal note that has a list created by an IFTTT recipe - it fails this 'routine' each and every day. It is created with "list item 1" and the html BR code to get to the next line.  Anyway - create your list, select all and add check box - anticipated behavior is that each item gets a check box - it doesn't - only initial item gets the check box.

2-ScreenClip.thumb.png.264d4c54326b5eae49dac234888645ef.png

Work around:  To get my list with check boxes, here's the process to do it.  On a short list, just manually adding a check box one by one is fine.. but quite often I create lists of 40, 50 even 100+ items.  Select your list, add numbered (or bullets), add check boxes (all items get boxes now), select numbered or bullet list again to remove the number/bullets.  You're then left with the check boxes.

1ScreenClip.thumb.png.cbc050f4427d76d0739b9d2fd991be81.png

3ScreenClip.thumb.png.e50ae33fdf129a757daf3d5141969287.png

On 3/20/2018 at 7:40 AM, tavor said:

What is up with all the EvernoteSubprocess.exe processes (I see 3 of these)? I don't recall seeing these before. Used to be Evernote.exe, EvernoteClipper.exe and EvernoteTray.exe. Now it's these 3 plus the 3 x EvernoteSubprocess.exe instances.

Because we're using CEF3 (Chromium Embedded Framework). So it's the same reason you see many chrome.exe processes when running the Chrome browser.

2 hours ago, CalS said:

EN is looking at this lag issue per a post above.  I’d hang back on a rebuild. 

I hope they are also looking at the problem (related?) where the content of some notes does not render at all.

Thanks!

Bug Report:  Default Tag Color (tags go 'invisible') (persists from prior versions)

Reported this a while back, but the bug still exists in 6.10.3.  It gets difficult working from a screen of "invisible tags"!

Computer A - I go into tags management screen and format various tags.  Most of my upper level tag categorization gets capitalized and bolded.  I leave the color alone/default and don't touch it.  Sync notes/database.

Computer B (running same EN version) - go into tag management screen - and those tags that were capitalized and bolded are now 'invisible'.  Hover the mouse over it and you can see they are white.  I originally figured maybe it has something to do with the dark theme, but even on light theme (for the left panel) the tags are still white as opposed to the 'default' color on Computer A.

If I force the tags a different color, they sync across both computers with no issue. It's only doing this when I bold the tags - unless the capitalization is causing the issue - I haven't actually tested what triggers it for certain between bold and/or caps.

5ab29dbe94c6b_entagbug-ScreenClip.png.4ec521780482e465675d0046d5216ebd.png

Forcing them to a color wouldn't be too much of an issue... except when I have what is likely a few hundred to do:

5ab29e3e9147a_entagbug2ScreenClip.png.dddb736a5de5f93e177b8bbb4a325ba3.png

Please look at a fix soon!

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, pstock said:

I hope they are also looking at the problem (related?) where the content of some notes does not render at all.

Thanks!

Me too, though the rendering is a problem that precedes the lag.

• Level 5*

Has anyone noticed that even if you have Evernote set to delete a file when it imports from a folder, it isn't always deleted? I've seen this 2 times now in the past week.

On 3/19/2018 at 6:35 AM, gazumped said:

I tried FF59 and had to delete it right away. It would not work on either my Win 7 box or my Win 10 notebook and I had to do a full system restore to get things working again. I never thought to see if EN might somehow be involved though. I'll try it again after a full backup but I had to revert EN to a 6.9 version as well (the lag was a pain) so maybe it was the combination of two upgrades (upgrades?) at the same time.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, EdH said:

Has anyone noticed that even if you have Evernote set to delete a file when it imports from a folder, it isn't always deleted? I've seen this 2 times now in the past week.

I'm not seeing that behavior.  I just scanned in a bunch of documents and the like, everything was deleted from the import folder.

7 hours ago, EdH said:

Yes, having this issue quite often. EN usually imports the file again the next time it restarts and usually erases it then... IMHO it happens more often with MS office documents (doc/xls) but that is just a gut feeling.

This bug also exists for a long, long time.

EDIT: for doc/xls docs it is possible that the file is not erased if "save as" into the import folder. That would have a certain logic as the file is still open in Word/Excel then. But I also had "drag n drop" PDFs, etc which have not been erased.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, Maddhin said:

Yes, having this issue quite often. EN usually imports the file again the next time it restarts and usually erases it then... IMHO it happens more often with MS office documents (doc/xls) but that is just a gut feeling.

This bug also exists for a long, long time.

EDIT: for doc/xls docs it is possible that the file is not erased if "save as" into the import folder. That would have a certain logic as the file is still open in Word/Excel then. But I also had "drag n drop" PDFs, etc which have not been erased.

Hmmm... i've not noticed it before. Both of these were PDF files, which is what I normally dump in there.

11 minutes ago, EdH said:

Hmmm... i've not noticed it before. Both of these were PDF files, which is what I normally dump in there.

Will be paying more attention to this from now to have some "statistics" but I have this regularly. With pictures and PDFs it seems more sporadic than with office docs or txt files but it's there:)

I'd say for at very least 6 months if not much longer. After a heavy duty work day, the next morning it's one of my morning coffee routines to clean up the incoming dublicates haha

While setting up a saved search in Evernote Desktop client for Windows, I discovered that several notes that came up in a search have the note body that only has the words "Drag files and start typing" in a note body and nothing else. The note content is reflected in the snippet view, but the note body is blank. However, the notes are displayed correctly in a web view. The same behavior is present in Evernote beta 6.10 in a Laptop.  

4 minutes ago, keisoko said:

While setting up a saved search in Evernote Desktop client for Windows, I discovered that several notes that came up in a search have the note body that only has the words "Drag files and start typing" in a note body and nothing else. The note content is reflected in the snippet view, but the note body is blank. However, the notes are displayed correctly in a web view. The same behavior is present in Evernote beta 6.10 in a Laptop.  

Got that all the time, since versions, and persisting in 10.0 GA.

Rumor is that waiting helps, but it does not for me.

50 minutes ago, lhb said:

Got that all the time, since versions, and persisting in 10.0 GA.

Rumor is that waiting helps, but it does not for me.

Reported once as

Ticket# 2190306 - Notes don't display on Windows (6.6GA, latest version as of today).

Was never explicitly resolved, but could not find any affected notes after upgrading to 6.8 or so.

But seeing them again/st

Watch out when editing, content may be lost. You can restore, of course, if you remember.

Afaik, there is no integrity check to see whether some synced  notes on your device are corrupted. Would have been handy, had other integrity problems as well. 

Good luck with your notes!

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, keisoko said:

Bug reported in the past, still not fixed.  You can check the web version to verify the contents are still okay, just not visible on the PC.

2 hours ago, keisoko said:

I get that for some notes in list view (i.e. not a search results view).

Apart from lags, search problems, etc, I have noticed one more issue with the font Calibri.

After the the update, the Calibri font has  some unusual gaps between the letters, and also applying 'bold' format is giving a completely different look from what it looked prior to the update.

Plz look into this issue too.

As others have noted above, in this new version of Evernote for Windows there is a pronounced lag for notes to display (~1 second or more), and on my installation an accompanying "flicker" in which the note flashes on. This is so annoying and inefficient that I am being forced for the first time to roll back to an earlier version of EN. One the the best features of evernote for me is the ability to flip through and view notes quickly in a notebook. If every note takes >1 second to appear and flickers, this feature is lost for me. I hope this is resolved as soon as possible so I can return to the latest version. 

• Ex Employees
On 3/21/2018 at 11:05 AM, ej8899 said:

Bug Report:  Default Tag Color (tags go 'invisible') (persists from prior versions)

Reported this a while back, but the bug still exists in 6.10.3.  It gets difficult working from a screen of "invisible tags"!

Computer A - I go into tags management screen and format various tags.  Most of my upper level tag categorization gets capitalized and bolded.  I leave the color alone/default and don't touch it.  Sync notes/database.

Computer B (running same EN version) - go into tag management screen - and those tags that were capitalized and bolded are now 'invisible'.  Hover the mouse over it and you can see they are white.  I originally figured maybe it has something to do with the dark theme, but even on light theme (for the left panel) the tags are still white as opposed to the 'default' color on Computer A.

If I force the tags a different color, they sync across both computers with no issue. It's only doing this when I bold the tags - unless the capitalization is causing the issue - I haven't actually tested what triggers it for certain between bold and/or caps.

5ab29dbe94c6b_entagbug-ScreenClip.png.4ec521780482e465675d0046d5216ebd.png

Forcing them to a color wouldn't be too much of an issue... except when I have what is likely a few hundred to do:

5ab29e3e9147a_entagbug2ScreenClip.png.dddb736a5de5f93e177b8bbb4a325ba3.png

Please look at a fix soon!

Thanks for the report. We have this filed for review. 

There is a bug with the 'Bullet list' & 'Numbered list'.

When i extend the list (say, beyond 2nd or 3rd row), the cursor jumps back to the 1st bullet every time! This is becoming annoying when I have a long list.

Also, if we create a list with multiple empty rows, I am not able to select multiple rows at a time! That is, when we Left Click & drag the mouse over the list(without any characters), it just doesn't get selected!

Plz fix this. If this is a problem with my Settings, plz give suggestions to correct it.

Ty

A very weird issue with printing a note to PDF.

Say you 'Opened' a note N1 in a , and you are also browsing across the notes in the main UI of EN, and lets say that you have selected a note N2 (but did not 'Open' it!)

Now, if you try to print the note N1 from the Menu bar available on top of the note, it prints note N2!

Plz fix this too!

Not a fan of this latest up date. Y'all need more QA on your software ;) 

Am on 6.10.3.6921, and every time I switch to a new note the note screen flickers black. 

The New Note button looks half-baked and breaks the UI design. The spacing of all my notebooks is much more uncomfortable than in prior versions. 

2f39de1eb0.png

Font size hotkeys don't trigger a UI refresh (see below video)

https://puu.sh/zOdpU/18a1ac1eca.mp4

10 hours ago, Austin G said:

Thanks for the report. We have this filed for review. 

Don't get me wrong, EN feedback is highly, highly appreciated - but this reads like all the other bugs are not taken care of if it is not "filed for review"? :huh:

That would explain why so many bugs are reported again and again over so many versions? :blush:

*evil comment mode off*

Hello,

With this update, i can't check out the grammar anymore.

Before this, i usually go to edit -> check grammar

Now this option isn't there anymore. 

Anyone can help me?

Also, I like to use the hotkey "F7" to check the grammar, but it isn't work too. 

Thanks..

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Bruno Schmitz said:

Hello,

With this update, i can't check out the grammar anymore.

Before this, i usually go to edit -> check grammar

Now this option isn't there anymore. 

Anyone can help me?

Also, I like to use the hotkey "F7" to check the grammar, but it isn't work too. 

Thanks..

There's never been a grammar checker in Evernote for Windows, but there is a spell checker. That's still there, but evidently the "Check spelling" operation is gone, at least for the moment. I think that spell checking does get done when you activate a note: a misspelled word does get the red-squiggle underline, and you can add it to your dictionary, but subsequent occurrences of the same (misspelled) word will still be flagged with the red squiggles until you go to a different note, and then return to the original note.

1 hora atrás, jefito disse:

There's never been a grammar checker in Evernote for Windows, but there is a spell checker. That's still there, but evidently the "Check spelling" operation is gone, at least for the moment. I think that spell checking does get done when you activate a note: a misspelled word does get the red-squiggle underline, and you can add it to your dictionary, but subsequent occurrences of the same (misspelled) word will still be flagged with the red squiggles until you go to a different note, and then return to the original note.

Thank you for the answer. Yes, my problem actually is with "check spelling", I remember that it had a hotkey (F7) to fix misspelled words. Do you know if this hotkey is gone too?

Just updated to 6.10 and get the same lag as others but more worrying is web-clipped pages with tables display as a blank note. They look fine in the Android app and Web app but on Windows they display a blank note.

Is it a blank note? Will this blank note sync and overwrite the correct note that shows correctly on other platforms?

The software does feel very buggy, not sure how to describe it really, its slow and feels very heavy to use.

Never thought i'd say this but I reckon they should start from scratch again and ditch the current app all together....clean sheet... create something modern, fast, powerful.

Anyway hope the tables issue gets sorted.

29 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Never thought i'd say this but I reckon they should start from scratch again and ditch the current app all together....clean sheet... create something modern, fast, powerful.

Evernote already redesigned their software too often. Always restarting from scratch causes a lot of pain for both development and users, and in the end, it never gets further than the previous edition.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Jon/t said:

They pretty much tried doing that with the web version and the iOS version, and that just resulted in a feature downgraded version that was still slow and buggy.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Jon/t said:

Just updated to 6.10 and get the same lag as others but more worrying is web-clipped pages with tables display as a blank note. They look fine in the Android app and Web app but on Windows they display a blank note.

Is it a blank note? Will this blank note sync and overwrite the correct note that shows correctly on other platforms?

The software does feel very buggy, not sure how to describe it really, its slow and feels very heavy to use.

No, it is just buggy on the Windows version. Often closing and reopening the note will cause it to display. Once it is displayed it shouldn't happen again, but it happens to me about 1 in 5 notes when created externally - clipping, on iOS, etc.

1 hour ago, EdH said:

No, it is just buggy on the Windows version. Often closing and reopening the note will cause it to display. Once it is displayed it shouldn't happen again, but it happens to me about 1 in 5 notes when created externally - clipping, on iOS, etc.

Thanks for the info... lets hope they fix it... a right PITA at the moment.

Yesterday and today I've clipped over 100 pages to do with a course I'm sitting and only the ones with HTML tables appear blank..... this may help devs debug it.

EG: this link gives me a blank page in the Windows app.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_European_Framework_of_Reference_for_Languages

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Jon/t said:

Yesterday and today I've clipped over 100 pages to do with a course I'm sitting and only the ones with HTML tables appear blank..... this may help devs debug it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_European_Framework_of_Reference_for_Languages

Confirmed. I cannot get this to show up on my Windows PC for anything.

image.thumb.png.5f3fdddccb6706e01bc2f0e7a1106f18.png

But it clearly has content. It is 328KB, and on iOS it looks like this:

20180325_144938999_iOS.thumb.png.b9bf9c546a1a76607bc851a2b7d9ca1a.png

If I edit it on my phone, simply adding a space, then resync Windows, then the content shows up.

My sync settings are as follows if it helps EN troubleshoot:

image.png.60656e8bbffea212331871b2803e79d9.png

I concur with what CalS said (below) I just downloaded Evernote for Windows version 6.10.3.6921 and now many of my notes are empty. Or Evernote will say "downloading content". Why? The content should ALREADY be "downloaded" and in Evernote desktop.

Someone else said this and I strongly (and sadly) concur: the Evernote people are infamous for breaking "something else" whenever there is an update. I have been using Evernote Premium for 8 years and this has always been the case. It's called poor version management and poor quality control. I absolutely dread downloading Evernote's latest "updates'. More like BREAKS to me.

There is absolutely no excuse for this. Apparently, Evernote could care less or they would stop doing this. This is no "knee-jerk" complaint on just one issue. This has happened dozens of times over the last 8 years.

Enough is enough. As soon a competitor comes up with a worthy replacement, I'm gone. Unfortunately MS OneNote does not do tags that are equivalient to the hundreds embedded in my nearly 15,000 notes.

On 3/15/2018 at 5:48 PM, CalS said:

Bug report.

There is now a pronounced lag in note content display as compared to how Beta 2 performed.  The note panel display was instantaneous prior to this GA release.  As a test I went to my old laptop which is running 6.7.5 and uses on demand sync.  Note content is displayed faster there, including the download time should the note content not be local.   Not right, at all.

I thought there weren't supposed to be any significant changes between Beta 2 and this GA?  Something happened. 

IAC, if it is verified that this is an issue and will be addressed, I would appreciate acknowledgement of that.  Otherwise, may have to go back a version or three to old PDF handling..  My productivity tool is starting to slow me down a bit.  :(

• Level 5*
37 minutes ago, mdvanouse said:

Someone else said this and I strongly (and sadly) concur: the Evernote people are infamous for breaking "something else" whenever there is an update. I have been using Evernote Premium for 8 years and this has always been the case. It's called poor version management and poor quality control. I absolutely dread downloading Evernote's latest "updates'. More like BREAKS to me.

There is absolutely no excuse for this. Apparently, Evernote could care less or they would stop doing this. This is no "knee-jerk" complaint on just one issue. This has happened dozens of times over the last 8 years.

Indeed, this is very common with Evernote updates, and anyone who has been here awhile, or anyone who has been using EN for several years, will be familiar with this phenomenon.

That it keeps happening makes me wonder if the employees who are aware of this - forum mods and developers - are effectively communicating this to the executive level. And if top execs are aware of the issue, then it seems to be a calculation that growth via new features trumps all. The problem is that many longtime EN users, including myself, can no longer 'evangelize' the product to friends and family. I used to recommend EN to friends. I no longer do so because even though I still use EN everyday and pay for a subscription, I cannot in good faith recommend a product that breaks existing features with every new release to people who are used to an entirely different level of product quality and consistency. I've used this example in the past - imagine if every update of MS Excel included random basic calculation errors. Could Excel have become the spreadsheet standard with such poor quality control and consistency?

It doesn't need to be this way. EN has a lot of functions to be sure, but these are known. Develop a test suite that incorporates all the existing functionality and run betas and general releases through this test suite. 

Bug party!

6.10.3.6921 (306921) Public (CE Build ce-1.39.4387)

Installer got stuck on file permissions and then I had no evernote.

I ran the 6.10 installer again and it completed. Now I'm stuck with really slow note display and flickering. The first several times I opened evernote, it would 50% of the time quit, and 50% of the time show the note (slowly). It hasn't randomly quit for a while now, but it's still unusable due to the slow note loading.

I also read in this thread that it might start deleting my images when I right-click to rotate? Now I'm afraid to use it at all because I don't want to lose my content.

How was this approved for general release?

I'm going to avoid using evernote on windows until this is fixed. Please don't use your long-time paying users in place of quality control. At the very least you could stop notifying people of your update and halt the deployment, it's clear this has been a major issue for over a week but the update is still being advertised to evernote clients.

Where can I download a functional version?

11 hours ago, Jon/t said:

I already reported this bug in 6.9 but no response. Although I did not realize that the note is only not shown on Win but shows on iOS, etc.. I thought EN clipped an empty note...

It seems that everything that is said in the 6.9 thread is going to the bin once there is a new version / thread opened... That would also explain why EN is getting worse and worse instead of better and better.

• Level 5*
On 3/25/2018 at 4:35 AM, Jon/t said:

The contrary view, and it's pretty valid: https://www.joelonsoftware.com/2000/04/06/things-you-should-never-do-part-i/.Starting with a clean sheet is often a temptation to developers, but it's always something that needs to be approached with caution.

12 hours ago, Maddhin said:

It seems that everything that is said in the 6.9 thread is going to the bin once there is a new version / thread opened... That would also explain why EN is getting worse and worse instead of better and better.

That is not how issue tracking (for bugs, feature requests, etc.) works. Issues are collected from whatever sources are available (internal bugs from QA, external sources like this forum, twitter, etc.) and stored in a database (not sure which one that Evernote uses, but there are many of them), prioritized (generally by severity, but new features -- for example Spaces -- can get priority boosts if they are deemed important by management), and then worked on according to the calculated priorities and available developer resources. Issues are generally not discarded, even if they are considered to be somehow unfixable (e.g. can't be reliably reproduced) or not in line with a company's view of what their software should be. Non-trivial applications, like Evernote, often have large bug backlogs (everywhere I've worked has, that's for sure). There are strategies for dealing with these, but if your resources are finite, then something needs to give.

13 minutes ago, jefito said:

That is not how issue tracking (for bugs, feature requests, etc.) works. Issues are collected from whatever sources are available (internal bugs from QA, external sources like this forum, twitter, etc.) and stored in a database (not sure which one that Evernote uses, but there are many of them), prioritized (generally by severity, but new features -- for example Spaces -- can get priority boosts if they are deemed important by management), and then worked on according to the calculated priorities and available developer resources. Issues are generally not discarded, even if they are considered to be somehow unfixable (e.g. can't be reliably reproduced) or not in line with a company's view of what their software should be. Non-trivial applications, like Evernote, often have large bug backlogs (everywhere I've worked has, that's for sure). There are strategies for dealing with these, but if your resources are finite, then something needs to give.

yes, this is the way it should work and - I assume - is working within EN (fingers crossed!).

I actually don't want to stir this (unproductive) discussion further and we all certainly understand that resources are finite but I guess EN needs to accept to take some (paying) customers' comments like that if he/she feels like the product gets worse and time is lost by working around not-trivial bugs.

For me, EN is an important tool in my workflow next to Outlook and Firefox. The clipping bug or the issues with PDFs cost me hours of time to go around - which makes me angry as everything worked fine before and it seems to take a long time until things are fixed. And the most annoying is that there is no reliable GA version to go back to but what feels being poisened to stick with the betas to fix bugs (just to get other bugs). Seems a vicious circle.

Just upgraded to 6.10.3.6921 (306921) on a Windows 10 Enterprise desktop machine.  Whenever I try Print Preview, it goes to the screen that saves the file as PDF. Also, clicking Print does nothing at all. All my other apps print fine. 

I switched to another computer (Windows 8.1 Enterprise), one that has never had Evernote on it, installed Evernote from scratch and still have the same problems.

Thanks.

• Level 5*
59 minutes ago, Maddhin said:

And the most annoying is that there is no reliable GA version to go back to

Some folks seem happier with 6.5 or 6.7, pre PDF viewer change and some of the stuff that has arisen since then.  Though not adding new bugs in old stuff when new functionality is incorporated would seem to be a better method.  :(

• Level 5*
On 3/20/2018 at 10:40 AM, tavor said:

Another issue I'm seeing (on Win 7) is the Evernote app icon does not appear in the taskbar when EN is running. Exiting and relaunching does not resolve the issue. 

Scratch this. Restarting the computer resolved it.

If you clip / share a Youtube video from the iOS Youtube app into EN (iOS app) (watch video -> push share -> "..." more -> EN), the description is shown in the iOS app but not in the Win Desktop App.

Some other strange behavior I've seen with the new (very buggy) Evernote Windows version is that it saved a "Custom Dictionary.txt" file in one of the file folders on my drive that has nothing to do with Evernote. (It was one of the dropbox folders I regularly work in, but nothing from evernote is stored there). Shouldn't an Evernote dictionary file be in the Evernote directory, or at the least in the Windows User directory?

Also, I absolutely hate the new PDF viewer. I have scanned PDFs of differing sizes and they now look very different in the PDF viewer. Smaller ones have a large margin of black space around them which looks very intrusive and unattractive.

Hi 

Anyone using evernote windows v 6.10 (latest) having random issues while copying a text? 

whenever i highlight a text and when i press CTRL keyboard button the selection is gone. before i can press ctrl+c when i press ctrl itself the selection (highlighted text selection) is gone.

there are no formatting issues, because randomly its working fine. i alraedy reinstalled the app.. is this a known bug?

I did contact the tech support they said they are unable to reproduce this issue. but i was able to replicate this using my 3 different laptops (2 win7 and 1 win10) 

I installed 6.7.5 and it was working fine without any bug. 

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, CalS said:

Though not adding new bugs in old stuff when new functionality is incorporated would seem to be a better method.  :(

Ah, grasshopper, such beautiful worlds you dream of...  :) 

• Ex Employees
On 3/25/2018 at 11:11 AM, mdvanouse said:

now many of my notes are empty. Or Evernote will say "downloading content". Why?

Do you have "On Demand Sync" enabled (Tools > Options > Synchronization)? If yes, with that option enabled, the client will only download the note content when the note is opened. 

Archived