Notes gone after account issues

Hi all,

I noticed that my evernote online account and my evernote mac app did not have the same notes in them. There were many less notes on the online account, and none of the notes in the app ever displayed in the online account - the two were obviously not connected at all. I logged out of the mac app today and then logged in again. When I logged back in again, the few notes that were displayed on my online account now appeared in my mac app, but all the rest were gone. Also, my account looked different - I had uploaded an image before on the mac app but when I logged in again it was gone.

I have found the lost notes in the depths of my harddrive (saved under Macintosh HD/Users/melaniekeller/Library/CoreData/com.evernote.Evernote). However, in my harddrive after this "com.evernote.Evernote" folder there are two different sub-folders. One of them has the few notes that were in my online account, and the other has the many notes that were originally in my mac app (before I logged out and in again) and are now not displaying in evernote (I have attached a screenshot). These notes are ".enspot" files in my harddrive. When I try to open one of these lost notes in evernote, it says "You’re signed out of the account for this note. Sign back in and try again." Have I accidently created two log ins? I am sure that I have never created two different accounts, and I have looked through the different email addresses I use and only one of them has ever been connected to evernote. How can I get these notes back in to evernote?

Thanks so much for your help!!!!!!

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 21.55.40 Kopie.png

• Level 5*
On 2018-03-12 at 4:01 AM, MelanieWilliams said:

Have I accidently created two log ins?

Are you using different user ids when you log into your web and Mac device./platform5aa9389c94c5e_ScreenShot2018-03-14at07_57_30.png.17b499467922f4150fdf97788001c7b9.png
On your Mac, your account info is displayed on  your Evernote > Account page

DTLow, turns out I did have two ID's. Because I only ever recall creating that one, I only have one password. When I try loggin in with the 2nd ID that password (obviously) doesn't match.. If I use the option 'forgot password' would that create further harm to my lost data?

• Level 5*
14 minutes ago, MelanieWilliams said:

If I use the option 'forgot password' would that create further harm to my lost data?

I don't see any harm in trying the lost password recovery

It's too easy to create a new account when you login.  

Archived