Make " the primary Notebooks" tab an addable feature so users get a 3rd tier.

Masterr

Idea

Hi there,

I feel adding 1 more tier to the notebooks list would be a great addition. For example right now I have the following notebook stack: Notebooks > Goals > Health > (my notes in health notebook)
Because I divide my health goals into different groups i.e. "Mental", "Physical" and "Emotional health". I would really appreciate another notebook tier to provide that additional needed delineation.

I feel it only makes sense that the large notebook tab seen here:  R1FI474.png Should be configurable and addable by users so we can add a 3rd and final tier to our organisational structure.

What this will end up looking like for me is: 
Goals > Health > Physical > notes
                            > Emotional > notes
                            > Mental > notes

I would really appreciate this feature and I feel it would be useful for other users.
One other case where this would be useful:

Learning > Coding > Java > notes
                                  > Python > notes
                                  > Html > notes

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote hasn't up to now shown signs of extending the depth of the folder hierarchy,  but they now do have a new concept called 'spaces' which is available in Evernote Business Beta and will (they say) be rolled out in some form to other account levels in due course.  See:

...for more on this.

Given this development it still seems like the Stack / Notebook / Notes hierarchy will remain.  You may be able to use the new feature (when it's available) as a new level of organisation,  but meantime it looks like tags are your only option.

Organize with tags

• Level 5*
On 3/11/2018 at 5:51 AM, Masterr said:

Goals > Health > Physical > notes
                            > Emotional > notes
                            > Mental > notes

A current Evernote solution/workaround with tags:

Goals > Health > notes tagged with Physical
                            > notes tagged with Emotional
                            > notes tagged with Mental

On 3/11/2018 at 5:51 AM, Masterr said:

Learning > Coding > Java > notes
                                  > Python > notes
                                  > Html > notes

Ditto:

Learning > Coding > notes tagged with Java
                                  > notes tagged with Python
                                  > notes tagged with Html

Nested notebooks notebooks have been requested for a long time. Evernote may provide them eventually, but there's a lot of value gained by learning to use tags in Evernote. For example, you could skip the need for maintaining a Goals stack and instead use a Goals tag that could apply to notes in either of the Health or Learning notebooks, and so on.

• Level 5*
On 2018-03-11 at 1:51 AM, Masterr said:

I feel adding 1 more tier to the notebooks list would be a great addition. For example right now I have the following notebook stack: Notebooks > Goals > Health > (my notes in health notebook)
Because I divide my health goals into different groups i.e. "Mental", "Physical" and "Emotional health". I would really appreciate another notebook tier to provide that additional needed delineation.

As per @jefito, my process is to use the Tag feature; unlimited hierarchy, and 100,000 entries

You could also obtain the effect with a notebook name standard

Goals Health-Physical     > notes
            > Health-Emotional > notes
            > Health-Mental       > notes

Archived