date time info of reminder

marclee37

Idea

Hi, 

when a time reminder is set for a note. i think it is natural to have the "date, time info of reminder" be shown clearly somewhere on the note. 

currently, if want to check what date time i set for reminder, have to click top right arrow, pick reminder, pick change date. too lengthy this process is. and this feature was made for changing date time really, not for checking what was set. 

if the date time was set incorrectly, the objective of the reminder is completely lost. i must check again what date time i had set. please make the evernote even more easier, useful, reliable.

Thank you,

Marc Lee 

3 replies to this idea

Good point.

Although I do not like the "Time" component of the reminders (I treat them as Day reminders), I can see this being an issue for sure. Along with the easy access (visibility) to the time, we need keyboard shortcuts to be able to modify/complete/remove reminders too. There is another discussion for it, just wanted to bring it up on the reminder subject.

• Level 5*

I also use reminders for day reminders only, therefore the current time it picks by default is meaningless to me.  Time sensitive reminders go on my calendar.  I would consider using Evernote for time sensitive reminders if the desktop clients showed the reminder alarm in a useful way.  Currently when a reminder come due a small box appears on the lower right of the desktop client and then after a few moments disappears.  If you are not looking at the screen when the alarm occurs you will miss the notification.  I would find it helpful if there was an option to keep the reminder alarm notice visible on the screen until I close the window.  That way I won't miss it.

• Level 5*
On 3/10/2018 at 7:14 PM, marclee37 said:

Hi, 

when a time reminder is set for a note. i think it is natural to have the "date, time info of reminder" be shown clearly somewhere on the note. 

currently, if want to check what date time i set for reminder, have to click top right arrow, pick reminder, pick change date. too lengthy this process is. and this feature was made for changing date time really, not for checking what was set. 

if the date time was set incorrectly, the objective of the reminder is completely lost. i must check again what date time i had set. please make the evernote even more easier, useful, reliable.

Thank you,

Marc Lee 

You can add the reminder icon to the note toolbar if you like, you will see the date but not the time though.

ScreenClip.png.61206c3ae82e122875585e6b307242e2.png

You can also add the reminder time as a column in top or side list view if you like (saved with a search or tag)..

Archived