Conundrum - data newer than app?

Hello.

I am trying to figure out how to best use Evernote, and have been cycling between devices and not long ago settled on using E on my Samsung and my Apple MBP.

But today I got the following message - that my local Evernote data is managed by a newer version of Evernote than the one I have been using (6.1.1), but Evernote_RELEASE_6.13.3_455969 requires an OSX-update 2 versions higher, to 10.11, which I am not willing to perform, as it would kill a lot of apps and slow my machine considerably. 

So, apart from the puzzling message - that somehow my data comes from a newer version than the one I am using - what to do now?

Samsung Galaxy 4 (Android 5)
MacBook Pro 17" late 2011 (OSX 9.5)

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 10.30.17.jpg

• Level 5*
On 2018-03-10 at 2:18 AM, kkrabat said:

But today I got the following message - that my local Evernote data is managed by a newer version of Evernote than the one I have been using (6.1.1), but Evernote_RELEASE_6.13.3_455969 requires an OSX-update 2 versions higher, to 10.11, which I am not willing to perform, as it would kill a lot of apps and slow my machine considerably. 

I'm not sure how you managed to install the Evernote database on your device.

My solution would be start fresh. 
Remove Evernote completely from your machine (App, Database, ,,,)
The app AppCleaner is recommended for this
Reinstall the app version you need; login; the database will be rebuilt from the servers.
Warning; the rebuild does not include Local Notebooks or unsync'd notes

Evernote has been installed for a long time, but not so much in use on this machine. Like I said: I have been cycling between machines.

I cannot sync, as I cannot open, so I cannot access local notes = see, if there are any. 

So, even if I appreciate getting a reply, its not the one I was hoping for = An Evernote employee reply.

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, kkrabat said:

So, even if I appreciate getting a reply, its not the one I was hoping for = An Evernote employee reply.

You're posting in a User discussion forum. 

You might want to contract Evernote support at

Archived