I don't want to sync every single note (small SSD)

fokka85

Idea

Hello Evernoters!

I have a 128gb SSD so every gigabytes counts. I think i might have between 3-5gb of notes.

My question is: how can i limit the number of notes Evernote syncs?

Or, how can i limit the type of content it syncs? E.G.: syncing only the text of every note but not the images.

Thanks in advance!

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2018-03-07 at 11:23 AM, fokka85 said:

I have a 128gb SSD so every gigabytes counts. I think i might have between 3-5gb of notes.

Or, how can i limit the type of content it syncs? E.G.: syncing only the text of every note but not the images.

On a Mac, there is no selective sync feature.

If I was desperate with disk space issues, I could access my notes using the web platform.

• Level 5*
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:23 AM, fokka85 said:

Hello Evernoters!

Thanks in advance!

In Windows there is a "sync on demand" feature that allows you to only keep notes edited in the most recent X days on your PC, and if you click on one, it will download, then purge local content after X days. It was added in 2016. I am not sure if that is on the Mac roadmap or not. It is really handy though on the Windows platform. My MacBook though has 512GB of storage, so it is really only an issue for me on that first install to download my full 8GB, but I can see where on your machine it would be a more critical issue.

• Level 5*

As a possible work-around,  how about having a second account on the Mac - one of the free Basic ones will do,  and sharing only the notes or notebooks from the main account which are currently required.  Notes/ notebooks can be swapped in and out of the shared account as required from the web version.  I use a similar trick on my phone,  which doesn't have the capacity to hold my full 17GB database.  Anything I need for offline working is in one notebook which is stored locally.

On 14/3/2018 at 9:59 PM, EdH said:

In Windows there is a "sync on demand" feature that allows you to only keep notes edited in the most recent X days on your PC, and if you click on one, it will download, then purge local content after X days. It was added in 2016. I am not sure if that is on the Mac roadmap or not. It is really handy though on the Windows platform. My MacBook though has 512GB of storage, so it is really only an issue for me on that first install to download my full 8GB, but I can see where on your machine it would be a more critical issue.

Evernote Mac doesn't have this feature yet. :(

On 16/3/2018 at 2:43 PM, gazumped said:

As a possible work-around,  how about having a second account on the Mac - one of the free Basic ones will do,  and sharing only the notes or notebooks from the main account which are currently required.  Notes/ notebooks can be swapped in and out of the shared account as required from the web version.  I use a similar trick on my phone,  which doesn't have the capacity to hold my full 17GB database.  Anything I need for offline working is in one notebook which is stored locally.

That's a good idea. Thanks!

Archived