Cant copy notes to Local notebook anymore

Anybody else having issues moving notes to a local notebook?

To be clear - I can create new notes directly in a local notebook. But I cannot drag notes from a synced notebook to a local notebook. This behavior has been happening for me for probably two or three minor version updates. I am on 6.10.1.6801 (306801) Prerelease

I have also tried creating a new local notebook and the behavior is the same. Any ideas ?

• Level 5*

It has been happening to a lot (all?) people who upgraded to 6.10.1, as reported in several messages on the thread where the release was announced. Evernote has admitted that they found it, but of course there is no information on when they are going to release a fix. The only work around I found that really works is to go back to an earlier version (make sure you back-up your database (.exb file) first if you have local notebooks. I am using 6.9, but others have said 6.5 is the best version to go back to. The other "workaround" is to export the notes and then import them into the offline notebook. However, DON"T do that if you have a lot of notes or you have not read through the posts that warn of the dangers associated with the export.

• Level 5*
40 minutes ago, FactMan said:

make sure you back-up your database (.exb file) first if you have local notebooks

Just a comment on backups for Local Notebooks

All users with local notebooks should have ongoing backups of their data.
By definition, this data is ignored by Evernote.  They are not backing it up for you.

Evernote is a cloud service, with the data stored on the servers
A copy may be maintained on some devices but this data is at risk.  
A common process to resolve issues is to rebuild the local copy from the master version on the servers

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, mkanakos said:

Anybody else having issues moving notes to a local notebook?

To be clear - I can create new notes directly in a local notebook. But I cannot drag notes from a synced notebook to a local notebook. This behavior has been happening for me for probably two or three minor version updates. I am on 6.10.1.6801 (306801) Prerelease

I have also tried creating a new local notebook and the behavior is the same. Any ideas ?

More information in the Beta thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
16 hours ago, mkanakos said:

Care to elaborate if the fix will be in the next beta? 

12 hours ago, CalS said:

I think that is the implication of @dconnet's post.  I'm hoping.

6.10 just went GA, and it looks like it's fixed there (given a 10-second test)

10 minutes ago, jefito said:

Thanks for the heads up! I don't have local notebooks at work, so I have to wait til tonight to test. I'll follow up with my results later.

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, mkanakos said:

I don't have local notebooks at work, so I have to wait til tonight to test. I'll follow up with my results later.

They're easy enough to create. There's nothing saying that you need to keep anything important in them...

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, jefito said:

Yeah, made the same 10 second test myself.  Now I can get rid of the temporary import folders I used for drag and drop.  :D

On 3/15/2018 at 11:39 AM, mkanakos said:

Thanks for the heads up! I don't have local notebooks at work, so I have to wait til tonight to test. I'll follow up with my results later.

Just to be thorough... I am having no further issues with local notebooks after the 6.10 GA update/

Archived