How to suppress notifications when moving notes to shared notebook

diddly

Idea

As of 7.0.2 on Mac I am getting a popup every time I move a note to a shared notebook. I get a Change Access dialog that I have to answer Cancel/Move. This happens for EVERY move, plus I get a notification in Notification Center after that.

I want to disable this behavior, it is seriously impeding my workflow.

-Martin

Change Access.png

24 replies to this idea

It's been a while now. Hopefully this will be out in the next version.

I'm a business user. The only reason for using a business account is to share notebooks. Therefore, 99,99% of the notebooks are shared notebooks. But we still get the warning when moving from your Inbox to a notebook.

thanks for the suggestion.  You are right, this is a work-around.  Unfortunately I am coming from a PC where they have already fixed this bug that some bright young engineer thought was a good idea and should be fired for.  I had a very lengthy discussion with every tech support they have (it was a dozen back-and-forths and it seemed that every time I had a different person.) . The upshot was that I had someone actually google this problem (yes, I actually sent them this link!)  They responded:

Thanks for getting back to us.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention as this will help in improving the experience with the Evernote Mac application. I've read this article and can see what you meant. I've passed this feedback to our team so they're aware of the experience.

Thanks again for your time and patience. I hope we're able to provide a much better experience with the coming updates.

Here's a work around.  Tag all the notes you want moved.  Tagging doesn't give you the annoying dialog box.  Scroll down on the left and view all the notes that are tagged.

Moved all of them at once to the appropriate Notebook.  You'll only get prompted once.

Sadly it's not gone. It also takes a long time to load the list of notebooks. Just a sign that Evernote will discontinue in the near future. They just don't care about customers. The company I work for switched to Onenote. I'm still using Evernote just because I have too many notes in it. I strongly discourage other people I know to use Evernote. Quite a change from being an avid supporter...

OMG!  I thought this was dead.  I'm in the process of switching to a macbook from windows and this ugly, nasty, no-good "feature" is here!!!!!  This was removed in the windows version!

PLEASE GET RID OF THIS ATROCITY ASAP!  THIS REALLY MAKES EVERNOTE UNUSABLE FOR ANYONE!  WHOSE DUMB*SS IDEA WAS IT????

Hi friends:

Over the past few weeks, I have grown so frustrated over this feature that I have tried to escape Evernote. I've tried Bear, OneNote, Ulysses, Apple Notes, and Notion. It was easy to get my content moved from Evernote in most cases, but those products are missing a few things I care about: web browser access, document scanner in iOS app, PDF storage native to the app, and tagging/organization. So I feel stuck with Evernote.

Yesterday, however, I downloaded Alternote. It's an alternative client for Evernote on Mac that is cleaner, faster, and does not yield this annoying message when I move notes from my Inbox  folder to its final resting place. It's all still Evernote, but Alternote is, in my opinion, a superior user interface.

http://alternoteapp.com

Yes, please. I've noticed myself procrastinating sending content to Evernote, and the friction caused every time by this dialog is the major factor. That may be silly, but…so is not being able to disable a dialog that interrupts my use of Evernote. ?

11 horas atrás, Mark Miller disse:

@Eduardo Estefano We are making progress on this. No ETA at the moment.

My humble suggestion: keep it simple. 

1. Create an option on the user preferences: "Display warning when sharing notes?" (yes / no)

2. Before opening the window, check this option and open the confirmation dialog window or not.

3. Keep everything else as is

I can't see how this would affect other routines. So it is a "no-brainer". Just need to implement it.

The sheer lack of respect of the Evernote team for the intelligence of it's customers is second to none. As if we cannot decide what we want! Very foolish too since this will cost the company loyal customers.

Just respect us and give us the option to warn of the extremely obvious. Moving notes not only costs more time because of the options that need clicking through but loading time of the notebook list takes half a minute when the internet is not super fast. This was never a problem before.

The iOS apps are working less stable than ever.

Maybe Evernote secretly just wants to cease to exist... How else would people change a good working system that lives on the support of it's customers now totally disregard the wishes of these very customers?

Evernote, this is not cool. Who asked for this feature? Why have you kept this frustrating feature in place since March and not fixed or addressed the issue? It seriously makes me want to investigate competing solutions. I'm a premium member and absolutely hate this change.

This move notice is a real PITA. I can't believe there is no way to turn it off on the Mac. If someone really wants you to know the folder is shared then put a small flag beside the icon for the folder or something, but forcing me to click a button every time I knowingly put a note there is not helping my productivity at all.

I want to disable this dialog also. I'm not encountering the bug (it's only coming up when moving things to shared notebooks) but I do a lot of sorting to stay organized and I don't want to deal with the dialog every time. I can't find any option to disable the dialog (went through all the Preferences options thoroughly). Does anyone have a solution?

Archived