Encountering Issues inside Encrypted Notes!

I have a couple of questions regarding the Encrypted notes. Would greatly appreciate if anyone has the solution for these 2 issues:

1- I am wondering if there is a way to decrypt an encrypted note, for which you've lost/forgotten the password for it?

2-I've noticed that whenever I am working inside an encrypted note, I can not make use of the Numbered List (1,2,3,...), or the bullet points. Please look at the attached diagram below to better understand what I am referring to. I have made 2 red boxes around the features that greys out on encrypted notes. Is there any way I can have those useful functions inside an encrypted note?

Thanks in advance for taking the time and your insights!

Screen_Shot_2018-03-02_at_5_05_28_PM.png

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Metara said:

1- I am wondering if there is a way to decrypt an encrypted note, for which you've lost/forgotten the password for it?

First off, Evernote only supports encryption at the text level; entire notes can not be encrypted

I know of know way to decrypt text if you've forgotten the password

One solution is to retrieve the unencrypted version of the text (assuming it was backed up)
I have personal backups and Evernote has a Note History backup
Access to the Note History data is a paid feature; you can subscribe for a single month

>>I can not make use of the Numbered List (1,2,3,...), or the bullet points. 

As noted, it's a text encryption feature; only text

There are notes that I have successfully encrypted though in the past, where I can access all the said features and functionalities within them!

If what you're saying was in fact the case (i.e. that Evernote only supported the "encryption at the text level" and not the entire notes) then I don't know how is it that I also have notes that are entirely encrypted ? 

At any rate, thanks for your response.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Metara said:

There are notes that I have successfully encrypted though in the past,

It does depend on the software version you're running.  My comments related to the current v7 version

Archived