Monthly Upload Limit (Free version)

I use the free version for Mac. Last month I got the message that my monthly upload limit was reached and I would need to upgrade or wait until the next month to upload. Today is Mar 1 and I am getting that message every time I try to upload anything. Haven't successfully uploaded anything this month. Any suggestions? Thank you.

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, Eva Darrington said:

Any suggestions?

Upgrade :)

Use a Local Notebook (no upload);    Make sure you backup your data

• Level 5*
16 hours ago, Eva Darrington said:

Today is Mar 1 and I am getting that message every time I try to upload anything.

Hi.  Go to your Account Summary page online.  The Monthly Usage section there will tell you when your account resets - which is the "monthlyversary" (sorry) of your account start date,  not the first of the month.  Nice feature - Midnight on the last day is (I think) in Evernote's time zone,  so it actually kicks over sometime in the 24 hours around the actual date depending on where you are in the world.   :)

• 1 month later...

Can you confirm that you got reset?  I ask because I reset, but then I was almost halfway through my limit again in 4 days.  I consciously did not upload anything!  I did do some merging of text cards into one big card, but IT WAS ALL TEXT.  That said, I do use Evernote-native tables, could they just be really inefficient with their own table objects?  Point is, I don't want to keep on "experimenting" ... Your answer will get me a little closer!

Thanks in advance!!

• Level 5*
On 20/04/2018 at 5:54 PM, lukemaze said:

Can you confirm that you got reset?  I ask because I reset, but then I was almost halfway through my limit again in 4 days.  I consciously did not upload anything!  I did do some merging of text cards into one big card, but IT WAS ALL TEXT.  That said, I do use Evernote-native tables, could they just be really inefficient with their own table objects?  Point is, I don't want to keep on "experimenting" ... Your answer will get me a little closer!

Thanks in advance!!

Not sure how knowing whether anyone else got reset will help you - if you use the Account Summary link above you can see immediately when your own account gets reset and check what amount you have remaining.  If you run out of upload limit mid-way through,  you can still save to local notebooks - they're not synced with the cloud,  but you can move notes across when you have space again.

What is a local notebook?

Archived