(Archived) Something is badly wrong with latest update

Eseifan

Idea

When clipping notes to Evernote 1.10 on Mac by copying text from a webpage and the pasting it to the programme using ctrl+cmd+V, the URL is not copied along with the text like it used to in earlier versions. In my book this is a serious problem, a deal breaker in fact: I clip dozens, sometimes hundreds of notes in an ordinary work day, and copying URLs separately to notes is just not workable. I don’t know if something went wrong while installing the update or if it is a software bug with the new version. I tried restoring the older version of Evernote via time machine but that didn’t work. It looks like the update somehow broke the Safari plug-in.

What’s going on here? Any ideas?

6 replies to this idea

I can reproduce this bug using Safari 5, EN for Mac 1.10.0, and the ctrl-cmd-v shortcut.

However, selecting text and then clicking the EN Clipper in Safari correctly adds the source URL to the new note, so you could use this as a temporary work-around while the EN team fix this issue.

Cheers,

azehnwirth

I can reproduce this bug using Safari 5, EN for Mac 1.10.0, and the ctrl-cmd-v shortcut.

However, selecting text and then clicking the EN Clipper in Safari correctly adds the source URL to the new note, so you could use this as a temporary work-around while the EN team fix this issue.

Cheers,

azehnwirth

Actually, in the 1.10 version, if you select all the webpage (usually in the printable view) using ctrl+A and then click “add selection to Evernote” from the contextual menu, it still would not copy the URL, though it works if you select only a portion of the page.

Anyhow, I finally got the older version I restored through time machine working correctly — ie, using ctrl+cmd+V copies the URL as well — (did many things, can’t tell which one of them worked), and I will keep it there for the time being, until the Evernote team comes up with a solution.

Having the same problem. Mac OS 10.5.8, Safari 5.0. Top menu bar elephant icon "Paste to Evernote" does not capture the page URL -- nor does the corresponding key-chord. This feature is the MAIN reason I use Evernote, so hope it will get fixed SOON.

on all other fronts, I am a big fan of EN. thanks.

Archived