Temp Download Files

Issue: temporary download files causing backup errors

Using Evernote 6.7.5.5825 build ce-1.28.2184 with Windows 10 Pro updated through KB 4073542 (2018-02-13) on Dell XPS-12 laptop

Narrative: Beginning 2018-02-18, Evernote began creating a directory .tmp.drivedownload and filling it with multiple files. This directory was created in a directory which is backed up to Google Drive, taking up limited space I need for other files. This superordinate directory is also backed up to a local server and disseminated to other machines on the local network. However, the files in .tmp.drivedownload are locked, each file throwing an error in the backup software (SyncBreeze Ultimate 10.1.16). Backup is set to halt after encountering 100 errors, and that limit was exceeded on 2018-02-25, halting the entire backup process.

It would be possible for me to exclude the temp directory from the backup protocol, but it would still be automatically uploaded to Google Drive. I would like to control the location of .tmp.drivedownload directory so it is not in an inconvenient spot, but I can find nowhere in the Options to change it.

I would also appreciate being warned when Evernote starts creating large numbers files in seemingly random locations on my storage systems.

--Thanks - Larry

Archived