Sync Issues: Mac, iPhone, iPad (any way to report bugs?)

• Level 5*

Hi. I've recently been encountering sync problems on a regular basis. Is there a place to simply report bugs (especially ones that don't have an obvious client-specific cause)? Whenever I try to report bugs, customer support tries to help me (in this case, Japan), and this often involves reinstalling the apps (a time-consuming anti-productivity solution). I appreciate the effort on my behalf, and I understand that re-installation, for example, is sometimes necessary (a recommended solution for over a decade now). However, in many cases, re-installation isn't the problem (in fact, I just installed the app). I am trying to help Evernote fix a problem, and there is no fix on my end for this stuff, so ideally I could just get in touch with the engineers directly and get this sorted. It's not so much "customer" support as it is "engineer" support!

Anyhow...

1. Note titles and body content in iOS sometimes does not match. It seems fine on my computer, though. See ticket  2407353. 

2. A note created on iOS will inexplicably be duplicated somewhere along the way, then there are two on the Web and two on my computer (Mac), but only one on my phone. Weird, right? And, annoying :( 

Anyone else seeing this?

Here are some screenshots for #2:

iPhone

IMG_0529.thumb.jpg.0a11834f57d8fce2b4390842a94fd474.jpg

Mac 7.0.1 (456247 Direct)

5a96619d223ca_2018-02-2816_41_39.png.c629a62800e6f74ae2b7eefeb510d172.png

Web

5a96616a420fe_2018-02-2816_42_57.png.92e747c2e8d34f1cb5e90f9180e8595c.png

• Level 5*

By the way, this is sort of a recurring thing I originally reported in the Mac forum.

1. I don't know what forum it belongs in, when it seems to affect every platform in a different way (the nature of the problem)

2. I think it is helpful for me (and others) to report this here in the forums, but this won't lead to a fix without someone who is responsible for addressing the problem (it seems to involve at least three product teams within Evernote, and is somehow connected with sync, which is at the heart of everything), so it would be nice to have a place to go with this stuff, and a way to follow up on it.

Il m'est absolument impossible d'obtenir une information pratique qui me permette de régler un problème de synchronisation depuis 7 mois. Je n'arrive à avoir que des réponses automatiques complètement inadaptées.Quelqu'un pourrait-il m'aider s'il vous plaît?

Je suis sur le point d'abandonner Evernote qui pourtant m'était très utile

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, Bibi2 said:

Il m'est absolument impossible d'obtenir une information pratique qui me permette de régler un problème de synchronisation depuis 7 mois. Je n'arrive à avoir que des réponses automatiques complètement inadaptées.Quelqu'un pourrait-il m'aider s'il vous plaît?

Je suis sur le point d'abandonner Evernote qui pourtant m'était très utile

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

This thread is supposed to be about how to report bugs, not how to get help. It sounds like you have a problem that the customer service people need to discuss with you, though. Please post your ticket number(s). That will help staff members to figure out how to help you.

• 1 month later...

Yes, this seems to be a recurring issue, regardless of EN version or platform.

I had opened a ticket last year (late 2017) reporting it, and had it closed after a workaround on my side as it didn't seem to have a solution (which ended up being me just removing the problem note and creating a new one as they couldn't figure out what the problem was without me re-producing the error). What I've come to understand from all the conversation I had previously was that this is not going to be fixed as no one seems to understand fully what's causing it. 

The procedures are always the same, as you have reported: saving your DB, uninstalling and reinstalling. Then, they will proceed by asking you if the problem persists. As this is an intermittent and apparently random error, you probably won't be able to reproduce it (as the same steps can also create "healthy notes"), which will result in a dead end. 

I've been checking the Forum every so often in the hopes of finding a solution but have not found anything so far.

Archived