(Archived) Error Messages & Script On Page May Be Busy

Johnflood

Idea

Hi Evernote Users,

My Evernote sync function still reports "an error" every time that I finish a sync. I reported this issue several weeks ago, and I could not resolve the mysterious error message. My saved web pages seem fine. But, the red exclamation point makes me wonder what it is.

On a more serious note, a new message appears when I attempt to launch Evernote from Firefox:

"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: chrome://webclipper3-common/content/models/Clip.js:1"

It seems to take a long time to load Evernote now.

Can anyone please help me with this one?

Thank you in advance for your help.

John Flood

4 replies to this idea

For the first problem, there may be some more information under: Help > Activity Log...

Re: Firefox, it would be helpful if you could try disabling all other extensions, restart FF, and then try again. We've found that a few other extensions may randomly fight with us in strange and unpredictable ways.

Thanks

If you reproduce that strange error message on your Mac, and then immediately go to that Activity Log, the last few lines may contain something useful. You could paste the last dozen lines here if nothing is obvious.

Archived