2000 Notes Disappeared!

I have about 2,000 notes in Evernote and have been used it for about five years. Evernote wouldn't open the other day for some reason, so had to quit the program and restarted my computer. When I rebooted Evernote, it said I had 'ZERO' notes/files in Evernote. Completely empty!

I went online to check the issue and noticed the last time I had synced was June of 2017. Our family has a block on the computer from that time and it must have for some reason not automatically synced new notes. How can I retrieve the other years of added notes? Surely they could not have just disappeared.

I noticed in my OS X Trash a file (127 MB) with an Evernote app logo saying 454874. Thinking this may have my files, I tried to scoot it over. Nothing. 

I have since updated Evernote and synced. But the NON-SYNCED material (about 8 months) I cannot find. Help!

• Level 5*
On 25/02/2018 at 1:18 PM, Paul from Mbhokota said:

Our family has a block on the computer from that time and it must have for some reason not automatically synced new notes.

Hi.  What sort of a block?  If this prevented internet connections,  then it's fairly clear why Evernote didn't sync,  though you should have seen some sign that it was having problems connecting. 

As this is important missing data I'd suggest you contact Evernote Support if you're a subscriber, https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if not.

• Level 5*
On 2018-02-25 at 5:18 AM, Paul from Mbhokota said:

But the NON-SYNCED material (about 8 months) I cannot find.

Any chance of backups like Time Machine?

>>I noticed in my OS X Trash a file (127 MB) with an Evernote app logo saying 454874.

That might be useful, but seems small.  My Evernote database foldername is similar

Yes, I was notified by the blocker there was an issue but didn't realize it wasn't automatically updating. That fact of the matter is, there hasn't been a sync in 8 months. Is there any way I can get that non-synced material back? Where did the non-synced material go to? Can it go to Trash on m computer, for example?

I think the Evernote in my trash is the old version of Evernote but I have already updated to the new version. In sum: how can I get that non-synced material back? Where did it go?

• Level 5*
On 2018-02-27 at 4:57 AM, Paul from Mbhokota said:

Where did it go?

Evernote is a cloud service; data is stored on the server.

Our device datatabases are copies of the master data maintained on the Evernote servers. New/Updated notes are flagged, then uploaded to the server in the sync process.

If there is a crash or database corruption, the database gets rebuilt from the servers;  unsync'd data and Local Notebooks get overwritten

Here is what I THINK (not positive) happened:

1. I last officially synced Evernote (Basic, not premium) July, 2017. 

2. Somehow a self-installed blocker on our computer stopped the syncing since that time. We were notified by a pop-up each time we used EN online but didn't know it wasn't syncing.

3. Last week my hard drive got full and was making Evernote difficult to open (then showing 0 notes in Evernote for a time).

4. I panicked and updated a new version of Evernote (when I should have just cleared space on my HD; it probably would have opened fine).

5. This seems to have removed all of my notes from July, 2017 up until now.

6. When I spotlight on my Mac, I can see the newer Evernote Title notes I am missing, but there is zero content available to open (see attached):

7. I did an activity log for Evernote.

BIG Question: In this scenario, is there any way to recover that material? Is it somewhere in my HD or elsewhere? DTLOW above seemed to say post-July notes get overwritten. Is that it then? Can I reverse in anyway what I did? Take another step?

Help!

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 7.45.03 AM.png

Archived