How to change or take off the corrector/dictionary?

Guest Adil Hammoudi

Guest Adil Hammoudi

When I write on any note in English, all is normal (the dictionary underlines in red my faults when I do mistakes). But when I write in French, the dictionary underlines everything in red as mistakes whereas I don't make mistake. Is it possible to write on my notes in French without the correct dictionary in French? And if it is not possible, can I take off the dictionary to write without the red lines from the dictionary? Thank you.

Guest *WITH correct dictionary
1 minute ago, Guest Adil Hammoudi said:

When I write on any note in English, all is normal (the dictionary underlines in red my faults when I do mistakes). But when I write in French, the dictionary underlines everything in red as mistakes whereas I don't make mistake. Is it possible to write on my notes in French with the correct dictionary in French? And if it is not possible, can I take off the dictionary to write without the red lines from the dictionary? Thank you.

I don't know of a way to have multiple active languages and switch on a per-note basis, but I believe Evernote uses the system language as defined here. It has a note there about spell check language for Mac, at least:

Note: To change the spell check language, select your primary language from the list of 'Preferred languages, click Keyboard Preferences..., select the 'Text' tab, and select a language from the 'Spelling' drop down menu

Archived