Inserting Create Date into older notes

I need to merge lots of older notes but I want to preserve the "create date" for each note. Merge doesn't include that as an option.

I realize I will have to open each note individually to include the create date before merging, but rather than manually typing out the date I was hoping I could just hit a key to auto-insert the note's create date.

Anyone know of a way to do that?

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, lisec said:

Well, this is probably a reach, but if you have access to a Mac, this could be done using AppleScript.  Sorry, but I don't know of any method to do this in Windows.

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, lisec said:

I need to merge lots of older notes but I want to preserve the "create date" for each note. Merge doesn't include that as an option.

As per @JM, my solution is scripting on a Mac; sorry, I have no Windows solution5a92a06d94fb2_ScreenShot2018-02-25at03_37_28.png.c60485f8c72539151f2f210ce900b9d2.png

I was wondering where you were storing the preserved create date for each note;
I've been preserving metadata by simply appending text at the bottom of each note.

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, lisec said:

I realize I will have to open each note individually to include the create date before merging, but rather than manually typing out the date I was hoping I could just hit a key to auto-insert the note's create date.

If you don't mind an image as the recording mechanism you can use the Mouse Recorder add on to PhraseExpress.  It let's you capture mouse movements (and keystrokes) and then create a PhraseExpress hotkey.  So you can clip the info box and add it to the bottom of the note.  Obviously the EN window needs to be in the same place when the phrase is executed for this to work.  Took about 5 minutes to create this, which included editing the Waits in the phrase.

Couldn't do a screen recording of the process, but the results on a test note are below.  I would clean up the clip if I were to use this.  FWIW.

Just learned something interesting, screen clips from my test account end up in the Inbox of my main account.  Say what?

ScreenClip.png.56e759079f69b76ef5ab2742917e46a0.png

Archived